💬 Review The Whole Nine Yards (2000)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,176 happy users since 2014.
Register

Anthea

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Whole Nine Yards (2000)

The Whole Nine Yards is a crime black comedy movie starring Bruce Willis, Matthew Perry, Amanda Peet, Michael Clarke Duncan and Natasha Henstridge. It follows the adventures of a man named Nicholas "Oz" Oseransky when an infamous contract killer moves in next-door to him.

Review:
This movie is hilarious, let's just get that out there. The comedy isn't one-dimensional and just stays in one genre. It can cover slapstick, situational comedy, fast and witty dialogue and silly humor all in a single scene. Matthew Perry plays Oz, a unassuming likable dentist living a miserable life that he is resigned to. If you liked him as Chandler Bing in Friends, then this is the movie for you. If you absolutely hated him there, then you're in luck because we have Bruce Willis as Jimmy "the Tulip" Tudeski who provides a perfect counterbalance of chill to the hecticness that is Perry. If you only know Bruce Willis as an action actor and have never seen him in a comedic role, you are truly missing out. Here his character, Jimmy was a contract killer from a Chicago gang until he left and gained a bounty on his head. He is cool, enigmatic and perfectly accepting of the situation this puts him in.

The pacing of the film is fast, the characters are dynamic, the plot is enjoyable and there is hardly ever a boring moment. The side characters are each interesting individuals on their own, but put them all together and you get comedic gold.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, have a fun one and half hours. It is however a 19+ movie, but teenager might also be ok. There are awkward romance scenes so maybe not for all family viewings, but those scenes are short and generally sweet so who knows. There is, however, extended nudity so take that into account. I recommend this for people who just wanna relax and watch a funny movie without having to try hard to get all the jokes. I also recommend it for fans of any of the cast and to fans and of Friends. I personally also want to recommend it as a romantic comedy movie, but that might not seem like the case for most people. Warning: Nudity.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: