💬 Review The Whole Ten Yards (2004)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,710 happy users since 2014.
Register

Anthea

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Whole Ten Yards (2004)

The Whole Ten Yards is a crime comedy film starring Bruce Willis, Matthew Perry, Amanda Peet, Natasha Henstridge, and Kevin Pollak. It is the sequel to the film, The Whole Nine Yards.

Review:
*This review may contain spoilers for its prequel*

We start off this movie a few years down the line since the end of the last movie. Both Oz and Jimmy has separately settled down with their wives Cynthia and Jill respectively and despite being happy in their relationships, things are strained. We also get a new antagonist in the form Laszlo Gogolak, whose son was previously killed by Jimmy and was also Jimmy's boss in the mob. The four of them get together with Laszlo on their tail and hi-jinks ensue.

I honestly didn't expect much from this movie, considering it's a sequel. Any movie aficionado rightly knows not to expect too much from any sequel. But I personally really enjoyed it. Everything that was true about the actors and the characters they play in the first movie is still true in this one. Matthew Perry is the perfect actor to play Oz Ozeransky, Bruce Willis is great in the comedic role of Jimmy 'The Tulip' Tudeski, Natasha Henstridge as Cynthia is graceful and elegantly funny (which is an artform in its own), Amanda Peet as Jill shows off her skill to be badass and a walking-disaster at the same time and Kevin Pollak returns this time as Laszlo Gogolak and is somehow funnier than last time. The movie made me literally roll on the floor laughing at certain points and brought out chuckles during others. It might also be because I truly liked the characters from the first movie and wanted to see them again. The characterization and writing was consistent, so I had no complaints. It should be very enjoyable, unless one goes into it with their mind set on hating it. In which case, this probably is not the movie for you. Relax, and have fun with this.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, especially if you enjoyed the first film. Have a fun one and half hours. It is rated PG-13 so I recommend it for teenagers and up. It should be suitable for family viewings.I recommend this for people who just wanna relax and watch a funny movie without having to try hard to get all the jokes. I also recommend it for fans of any of the cast and to fans of Friends. I personally also want to recommend it as a romantic comedy movie, but that might not seem like the case for most people.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: