💬 Review The wolf among us

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,370 happy users since 2014.
Register

Yossef12

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: The wolf among us

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): The Wolf Among Us + MOD

One of if not the best tell tale game ever made. Great storytelling, nice atmosphere and interesting setting. Definitely worth a play.

Review:
This might contain what some may consider minor spoilers but these are things that you really learn very early on so it won't really spoil the story for you.

The story takes place in New York City where a group of fairy tale characters live in a community called Fabletown and they blend in with normal people and live along side them and those who don't actually look human use a spell called Glamour to make themselves look human so they can blend in.

You play as sherrif Bigby who happens to be the Big Bad Wolf as in the fable, in the game he's portrayed as a bit of a werewolf of sorts so he does actually look human and he's also the sherrif of Fabletown.

Bigby has a reputation of being not so nice since he is the Big Bad Wolf but you choose what you want him to be through your choices in the game.
The gameplay is simple you mostly make dialogue choices and QTEs but you get to walk around sometimes and examine things and such but it's mostly the story you're playing this for as is the case for all tell tale games and let me tell you the story is well worth your time.

I should also say that your choices actually matter in this game, from the dialogue options to the actual choices.

The game is a different take on the whole fairytale stories, you'll find characters from fairytales you already know and are familiar with but you'll see them in a whole new light, no more are they princes and princess or monsters and beasts, they now act like people and lead very human like lives working jobs, running business or even commiting crimes.
The game may be about fairytale characters but it's far from a game for kids and it also includes lots of violence.

It has gritty and rather dark feel to it's atmosphere far from being a chirpy game but still not too dark and gritty though I'd say it has just the right balance.

Would you recommend this to other users? Overall it has a great story and if you're into tell tale games or story driven games of this kind then this game is a must play, definitely recommend.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Samhain

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for this review i was just think about playing this but was on the fence. I was I will be playing this tonight Thank you.

Yossef12

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Thank you for this review i was just think about playing this but was on the fence. I was I will be playing this tonight Thank you.
Thank you. I hope you enjoy the game and tell me what you thought of it.