Movie and TV Lover's Club

Here is a fun place for everyone who loves to chat about their favorite movies and shows!

Quick Overview

Category
Movies
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Thoughts on Joker {2019}.

starkiller566

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Personally, it's one of the best films I saw last year. The cinematography was amazing, really felt like Gotham to me and the story was great as well. But most of all Joaquin Phoenix's performance was amazing and definitely worthy for Best Actor.

What are some of your thoughts on it?

mxxndxst

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
i've read so many great things about this movie... and i tried to watch but i couldn't. i'm a really sensitive person so the story made me feel bad and it was just ruining my mood tbh. but from what i saw—it was beautifully made. the cinematography was really beautiful. and joaquin's acting surprised me because it looked so real (to the point i had to stop watching because i started feeling sick).
maybe someday i'll be able to watch it all. i hope so. gotta gather enough emotional strength lol

starkiller566

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Totally understand your situation bud. The film was definitely amazing in terms of visuals and acting. I myself did get a bit disturbed when he ( spoiler alert) killed Randall in his apartment.

xiaomiyu

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor and I think he did a great job portraying Joker. Arthur felt like a real human being and not just a character. I really liked the cinematography - the shots and colors fit really well and made the movie more atmospheric. I think the score is absolutely amazing. Hildur Guðnadóttir definitely deserved that Oscar. The movie made me reflect not only on society and how we treat people who are "different" but also on myself. Arthur's actions and reasoning resonated with me and that honestly scared me a bit. Maybe because I myself am mentally ill, disabled and a bit of an anarchist... And I can't stand Batman, either. Of course, if this was real life I would definitely be against Joker and his actions but since this was a movie, I was almost cheering him on. It was kind of a outlet for all my anger towards all the injustice and other stuff going on in the world today. The same way e.g. GTAV is an outlet for me.

whambamtheodre

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Joaquin Phoneix did a brilliant job. I wld say that he was able to shake off Heath Ledger joker. i was happy that phoenix came into the limelight again! Thrilled to the core

RedMushroom

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I agree, it was very cinematic and Pheonix did a great job of portraying the Jokers backstory. I also love the ending and how he went about showing his pain. I liked that it was weird and how they briefly showed Bruce as a kid. Also how the story was solely about him and his life, not so much his relationship to other characters like Bruce or Harley, which is basically his position as a side character or villain. The pain and experience he had was shown well. I really liked it.

welfin

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Arthur starts the movie at rock bottom, but he finds his true self whenever he crosses a moral line. Then the blood smile at the ending is the culmination of his character progression, he's happy with chaos, it's scary, it's a really really good movie. Incredible how Joaquin outdid himself with this role.