💬 Review Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,212 happy users since 2014.
Register

eyannis

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): 📖 eBook Download - TILL DEATH BY JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT

Sasha Keaton once survived horrors that no woman or human being should ever go through. Leaving home in the aftermath, she's back in town after 10 years to achieve her dream of helping her mother to run the family inn. But soon, it becomes clear that someone didn't want her home, as old horrors began to resurface. As Sasha renews her fight for truth and survival, by her side is the one man who never forgot her, FBI agent Cole Landis, who vowed to protect her against all costs.

Review:
I was quite shocked to find out that the writer of Till Death is the same person who wrote the Lux series as well as the adult contemporary romance novel Tempting the Best Man. The diversity of Jennifer L. Armentrout is something else, indeed.

The book started off strongly but disturbing with an unknown man tormenting an unknown woman with references to events from the past, and then continued on to build Sasha's story in the past and the present. Armentrout doesn't really shy away from the horrors that Sasha and the other victims of the villain (The Groom) were forced to endure. She doesn't get overly gory like Karin Slaughter, but what she presented is definitely disturbing.

The characterisation of Sasha in coping with her trauma and her strength to face everything head on was written very well. As a heroine, Sasha is definitely one of the stronger ones I have read, she is spunky but behind it, there is the very real and haunting fear of past trauma that is written very realistically.

I am in love with Cole. He is such an amazing love interest, smart, sexy and so in love with Sasha. He won't allow her to shut him out, and fights to protect her with everything he has. He's single-minded in his love for Sasha and the relationship is written so so well. The love scenes are good, too.

However, as an FBI agent, he isn't as involved with the proceedings of the case as much as I expected him to be. He's there, but he isn't the primary investigator in any sense, although he fiercely protects Sasha from the shenanigans of his colleagues.

The mystery itself is really engaging as well. It took me a while to guess who is the killer, as Armentrout certainly spun it well enough to keep me guessing. Although the final reveal isn't completely surprising to me, the tie-in between past and present certainly is unexpected, as far as it goes. Armentrout writes well as expected, and I enjoyed reading another (completely) different genre from her.

Would you recommend this to other users? I 100% recommend this to people who like crime/suspense thrillers with a good dose of romance. It's engaging, fast paced with wonderful primary characters in Sasha and Cole as well as equally solid side characters of Sasha's mum and her best friend Miranda, in addition to an captivating plot.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Marbelss

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Sounds interesting! Up until now, I read some books about crimes, but they were all from the perspective of the investigator. The romance seems exiting too, so now I really want to read this book. Thank you!
Also, I hope the protagonist or her love interest won't die in the end, bc I would probably cry.