transferring an ebook?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,791 happy users since 2014.
Register

BabeintheWoods

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
is it possible to transfer a book i bought on the amazon kindle app to another device? (the device i want to transfer it to cant support the amazon kindle app, so thats not an option)

((sorry if this is the wrong forum, i couldnt find one related to this issue))

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
I believe its possible . You'd have to login to to your amazon account with both devices (kindle) you should be able to transfer it then

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
@Azura Shadow But @BabeintheWoods says that the other platform doesn't support Amazon's Kindle app.

What I do is like this.
1. Convert the Kindle Books to PDF
2. Transfer the PDF to the other platform.

About the first step, I'm using Calibre to do the thing.
You can download the software at their Calibre Official Website here.

The steps will be as follows.
Download your book
1. Log into your Amazon account on your computer or laptop.
2. Hover to where it says Your Account , and then select Manage Your Content and Devices.
3. Go to the top left where it says Show, choose Books and then tap the three dots at the left next to the title you want and choose Download & Transfer via USB.
4. You can choose your Kindle devices and your book will be downloaded onto your computer in AZW or KFX format.

Convert it using Calibre
1. Open Calibre, and add your kindle file either by using the Add Books button on the top left of the software or by drag and drop your AZW / KFX files into the window, as seen in below picture.

2. Select the files you wish to convert and click Convert Books button, then select PDF from the Output Format option. Just click OK then.

Calibre PDF Conversion Complete

3. Once the process is done, save the PDF converted file by selecting the ebook once more and right-click or CTRL-click the blue PDF link beside Formats. Choose Save the PDF format to disk.

Calibre PDF Download

After that, just transfer the PDF to your other device.
That's all.

I hope this helps. :)

BabeintheWoods

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Azura Shadow But @BabeintheWoods says that the other platform doesn't support Amazon's Kindle app.

What I do is like this.

Download your book
2. Hover to where it says Your Account , and then select Manage Your Content and Devices.
3. Go to the top left where it says Show, choose Books and then tap the three dots at the left next to the title you want and choose Download & Transfer via USB.
4. You can choose your Kindle devices and your book will be downloaded onto your computer in AZW or KFX format.

Convert it using Calibre
1. Open Calibre, and add your kindle file either by using the Add Books button on the top left of the software or by drag and drop your AZW / KFX files into the window, as seen in below picture.

View attachment 35726

2. Select the files you wish to convert and click Convert Books button, then select PDF from the Output Format option. Just click OK then.

3. Once the process is done, save the PDF converted file by selecting the ebook once more and right-click or CTRL-click the blue PDF link beside Formats. Choose Save the PDF format to disk.

Calibre PDF Download

That's all.

I hope this helps. 🙂
I got to this point but then im not sure what to do here. any idea why its doing this?
(thanks for responding btw. I just gave up on this post lol)

Capture.PNG

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Oh i'm sorry, if you haven't try to do this before, you can try to follow these steps.

This is how we can download purchased books to our PC or Mac

1. Open your browser and go to https://www.amazon.com/mycd. If you’re not already signed in to your Amazon account, you’ll be prompted to do so.
2. Click Your Content located near the top-left corner of the page and a list of your purchases in the cloud will appear.
3. Click the title and a check mark will be shown on selected ones.
4. Click Deliver to Default Device or Others. A pop-up will appear.
5. Select Kindle for PC or Kindle for Mac, then click Deliver. This will download the book to your computer.
6. Open the Kindle App on your computer (Kindle for PC or Mac), and click the Archived Items Tab to show a list of downloaded books.

That's all. :)

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years

What I do is like this.

Download your book

Convert it using Calibre

View attachment 35726

Calibre PDF Download

That's all.

I hope this helps. 🙂
Yes I was aware of the device not supporting the kindle app but Loging into the.amazon account via a browser would have been feasible . (I assumed she had another device that did support kindle and therefore wished to transfer ) . There's an option to "manage" kindle account and download the books free of charge again ..

What you mention here is to completely convert kindles to other formats

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
@BabeintheWoods had much of the same frustration when I lost my tablet and my new device wasn't kindle compatible 🤕 I just switched over to epub and mobi formats and I couldn't be happier

BabeintheWoods

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
yeah haha 😅 not fun to deal with this sorta situation. i have a tablet thats suppose to support amazon but i could never get passed the login page with my amazon account. i guess its just glitchy but works fine otherwise

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
yeah haha 😅 not fun to deal with this sorta situation. i have a tablet thats suppose to support amazon but i could never get passed the login page with my amazon account. i guess its just glitchy but works fine otherwise
Pfft that just sucks big time , hopefully you can get on soon and retrieve your kindles

BabeintheWoods

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
im running into issues still but im confident i can find a way around those issues, just gonna take time. hopefully i can recover the book and keep reading where i left off lol thanks to the both of ya for replying and giving some time to the topic. much appreciated :)

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month