Verification of Members Age if Minor or Not (Protection of Minors to Access Mature/Adult Content)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,740 happy users since 2014.
Register

Madz

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
IMG_20190107_104432.jpg

I know we have all seen this advise as Members here. SBenny, its Maintainers, Site Owners, etc is pushing controls and total lockdowns of 18+ Content not for the sake of Legalities but for the purpose of the Moral and Well Being of Minors and even Adults as well to be a Good Human Being. As far as I know I understand Sbenny.com's move to lock down (if this is just temporary). Inevitibly, its really hard for the site to really look for a solution because lets face it, the net is a Jungle bigger than the Amazon 100 times the size (thats why its called www in the first place). there are a lot of Apex Predators, Trolls, Fake News out there and its totally fast and easy to create a fake identity for any other purpose aside to access mature content.

In line with this, may I recommend that in order to filter the fake from the true (the best info to fake is the birth date).

1. For new incomming members, In signing up, you can place in a whole body picture of the member holding their Country's Valid ID like Government ID, Company ID, any Official ID that is honored by their Country's government stating the pertinent details like Name, Birthdate, Etc. (maybe you can Identify Which Id per country is valid) and if Bday is at Par with the Valid ID submitted and will be for verification (make us wait... Patience is a Virtue).

2. For Existing members like me for example we need to update our account details with same as No. 1

3. For New Members: Failure to do so the signup will not push through For the Old Members, our account will be deactivated until we dont complete this part of the membership process (until further notice).

4. For Data Privacy Guidelines or Act, of course SBenny will be incharge of these Data and it will be treated with Full Confidentiality (Might want to re-visit your privacy policy or make it mandatorily pop up then confirmation button. Not totally familiar about this part but maybe you and your team can check @Sbenny.

5. Then thats the time our website will treat fairly, selectively which is which (Minor - Adult).

6. You might need extra staffs for the identity verification or extra website uprgade of some sort (just a thought, will depend on you @Sbenny)

7. Additional questions if this will help like people that can attest maybe a close relative, parents, close friend (as you can still fake this but better than none, just an idea, identification and/or verification is the sole point here). Will depend on you @Sbenny.

Well thats it and hope this helps our Resource Site sbenny.com. For me IMO this sounds hard and extremely unfair to all but, look have you found a resource site that cares for, looks out and protects its members? lucky if you found one such as this.

Lastly for the minors, you still cant understand this part but later on if you grow of age as mature individuals or if you become Parents, is it ok with you for your children to look at content not suitable for them like FPS Games then they'll imitate it get a real gun and point it at you and pull the trigger on you, for them its okay because as minors, no offense but there are alot of things in this world that you still cannot reciprocate not through years of real life experience.

Anywah hope this helps Sbenny.com

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I understand your ideas and why you want to do something like this. However, setting it up with a picture of someone's ID wouldn't really work. This site isn't like purchasing Vape gear or ejuice (sites where they commonly do things by verifying age like that). This site is a bit more complicated because the majority of our members value their anonimity. Forcing them to show a picture of themselves with their ID would strip them of that. With NSFW content especially, not a lot of people would want to tie themselves photographically to accessing that content. We are currently exploring other options to ensure that we find a safe alternative to locking down NSFW content that isn't easy to exploit but also upholds the site's morals without exposing our members. We cannot guarantee that this section will be back any time soon, we can only guarantee that we are open to the possibility and have been exploring ways to make it happen should our staff agree to reinstate the area.