💬 Review Vice

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,370 happy users since 2014.
Register

silver1234

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Vice

Vice is a movie about Dick Cheney and his rise to power in the 2000s. It stars Christian Bale in this transformative role. A deep dive into one of America's greatest m̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ heroes.

Review:
Director Adam McKay is especially good at portraying the world of powerful characters. Christian Bale similarly brings in his expertise of playing larger than life beings (both psychopaths and superheroes). This movie follows Cheney from Cheney his first internship in Washington at the time of Richard Nixon until his ascent to power (and that time he shot that one guy). The bulk of the latter half covers the election into the Bush administration. I would have maybe preferred if the movie focused on this time period entirely, but I guess it makes sense that McKay had to explain what got Dick-meister going as a person. Going into this movie Cheney was my least favorite president. Bale doesn't change that, but instead relishes it. There's a gravitas in the way he portrays Mr. Dick. This is probably why when accepting his award Bale thanked Satan. I never have rooted against the main character of a film more, even though I know I am in fact rooting against history of itself. My one complaint is that they made Bush seem to dumb, he was at least competent enough to hide a DUI. Rockwell makes him a little too buffoonish.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend this to users who lived through the Bush years and want to experience some catharsis. Alternatively, I would recommend it to a youngster wondering why people in their 30s hate this guy named Dick Cheney so much. I would give this movie 3 1/2 stars if it were possible, but for now 3 will do.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐