~*~ Visual Novel and Otome Discussion ~*~

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,693 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Hey Everyone!

As more and more VN's are posted to the site we are starting to see alot more discussions around them. At @Kijori's recommendation, I am starting this thread as an official place to discuss VN games in general. What are your favorite Visual Novels? Do you have any favorite apps with multiple VNs? Who are your favorite developers? The possibilities for this section are almost endless!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I love the "Is it Love Games" except for Gabriel... -smh- Ryan is my favorite. My phone is filled with VN apps XD

EdgyNihilist

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hmm.... Kindred Spirits on the Roof~!!<3 Though i still haven't finished it because of the adult scenes(there are always people around me looking what i'm doing on my laptop lol~) By the way, i have the Drama CDs, if you want me to upload it, please just tell me~

MxllxLea

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I really like "Shall we date..." VN like "Wizardess love", "Ninja love+", "The Nifhleim" and more... Otherwise I'll say "Nightshade" and "Ephemeral - Fantasy on dark".
Mh but I guess it's really too hard for me to choose 😊

reiiisan

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I like romance visual novels, sometimes mystery/horror too.

One of my favorites romance VNs is Nightshade (百花百狼 戦国忍法帖). I enjoyed its voice acting the best out of all the VNs I've ever played. Some routes are better than others though, I liked Hanzo's the most.

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Right now i adore the visual novels by Nami on itch.io theyre so precious and sweet and as for actual otomes i adore mystic messenger by cheritz
I have tried so many times to get into mystic messenger, and I just can't do it. I want to like it, I just have a hard time enjoying it. I'm going to redownload it again soon and try again (I do every few months lol).

Candy98

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I love king BS , i dont know if you played it , it has two season and the second one is better ... well tbh i cant choose between them i liked them both :)
I used to play modern cinderella on my old phone but since i lost it i couldnt get myself to play it from the start again.
Great to meet otome gamers here ^-^

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I really enjoyed the Ikemen Sengoku game and Midnight Cinderella too XD

Hamabix3

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Sengoku Princess by D3 Publisher. The heroine is strong(mostly), not the usual stupid, no personality MC. All the love interests varied from each other, from young men to slightly older guy. The game isn't really NSFW, although there's sexual undertones multiple times.

Best route is Oda Nobunaga imo lol(the only older guy here T.T), however if anyone wanna play this otome, save this guy for last. His route pretty much spoils everything.

You do have to pay to unlock their routes... but you can bypass those with LP easily. Actually all of their games can be bypass with LP lol. Only downside is there's no voice acting :/

Second otome I'm fond of is... mystic messenger lmao. Only because I love Ray/Saeran route so much. Otherwise MM is average at best, lol. If there's anyone that could recommend any otome that resembles Ray/Saeran(esp having the dual personality concept), I NEED to know!

Cheettat

The Demolisher
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 5 years
I like the Arcana the Mystic Romance it's the best visual novel game for me so far. It has got everything from romance to thriller . It'a a really nice game and it has got wonderful routes

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I'm so in love with arcana it really is wonderful
I'm still trying to get into it lol. I don't know why it's so hard for me.

Aida

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I really appreciate the diversity Lovestruck offers, so many characters to romance! I'm currently playing through Helena's route from Love&Legends.
And I recently bought "Ayakashi Gohan" for my laptop since the fanmade english patch got completed a bit ago. Uta's route is my favorite so far!
And while there's not many good nsfw otome games out there, "Fashioning little miss lonesome" was surprisingly enjoyable!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I really appreciate the diversity Lovestruck offers, so many characters to romance! I'm currently playing through Helena's route from Love&Legends.
And I recently bought "Ayakashi Gohan" for my laptop since the fanmade english patch got completed a bit ago. Uta's route is my favorite so far!
And while there's not many good nsfw otome games out there, "Fashioning little miss lonesome" was surprisingly enjoyable!
I absolutely love Lovestruck as well. There are so many different types of stories instead of only office/ work based or only paranormal which is what I love about it. I recommend you check out the Lovestruck discussion here as well, here is the link -> LOVESTRUCK DISCUSSION I think you would really like it :D

SquishyTakoyucky

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
I tried to play King Bs but my god, I find the writing and translation for that game absimal. I couldn't take the game seriously when the characters would just casually spout curses every sentence. It's a shame as well because the art is really beautiful.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
I tried to play King Bs but my god, I find the writing and translation for that game absimal. I couldn't take the game seriously when the characters would just casually spout curses every sentence. It's a shame as well because the art is really beautiful.
I haven't tried that one. I hate it when that happens though, that has happened with a few of the newer Okko games which really disappointed me because they never used to be like that.