💬 Review Weathering with You

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,670 happy users since 2014.
Register

Kripppe

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Weathering with You

A boy runs away from home to live in Tokyo, but he discovers it has been raining there for a long time. There he meets a girl who can control the weather and make it sunny.

Review:
The film is absolutely beautiful. Makoto Shinkai really outdid himself with some scenes that give me chills just thinking about them. Those who watched his previous film, Your Name, should not expect Weathering with You to be better (because it isn't, don't get your hopes up too much). Regardless of comparison to Shinkai's previous works, Weathering with You is still breathtaking at every second. I do, however have some complaints. The plot was definitely weak at a couple of points, and the ending could have been drawn out a bit longer. The ending is pretty weak, but it does not take too much away from the overall experience. The characters were phenomenal, definitely the strongest part of the film besides the animation. Hodoka and Hina feel like genuine people, along with all the other characters (even the extras who just say one or two lines). As a romance movie, it works brilliantly and will make you smile like an idiot at certain scenes. Overall, while not as good as Your Name, Weathering with You still delivers a beautiful experience to the viewer. It's hard to bash a movie when everything about it is just so damn pretty.

Would you recommend this to other users? I absolutely recommend this movie to everybody, though those who watch anime will appreciate it more. Do keep in mind that you can't expect a Your Name 2, go into this film without expecting it to surpass Shinkai's previous works.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐