what do you consider a classic anime?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,622 happy users since 2014.
Register

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
i know there's lots of people here of differing age groups, so i want to see what you consider to be a classic anime! for me, being in my 30s it's animes from the 80s and 90s like ranma 1/2 and sailor moon that i watched as a child.

Carsye

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Sakura card captor and Dragon ball.

I have never seen sakura fully myself, but these series just give me a nostalgia feel.. watching dragon ball in my old, square tv. Brings back memories.

Also, they became an example to follow by other series.

axelleviii

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 4 years
Sakura card captor and Dragon ball.

I have never seen sakura fully myself, but these series just give me a nostalgia feel.. watching dragon ball in my old, square tv. Brings back memories.

Also, they became an example to follow by other series.
i've also never watched all of card captor sakura, but i really should at some point! usually i would just catch random episodes when it aired on cartoon network.

treki009

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 4 years
there are lots of classic anime rerun on tv when I was a child (well, until now) I grew up watching Time Quest , Dragon Ball, Zenki, Sailormoon, Wedding Peach, Ghost Fighter, Slam Dunk, Flame of Recca, Akazukin Cha-Cha, Fushigii Yuugi, Ranma 1/2..etc 😊

BoundlessLibrary

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
This one is pretty tough. I'ma go ahead and get Dragon Ball out the way because that's definitely a classic in my books. The fact that the franchise is still thriving even now is pretty astounding to me.

Onto the next series on this list. At the top of my all-time favorites would be Cowboy Bebop, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll, and probably Astroboy (probably surprising). You might notice these are all fairly old nowadays, some more so than others. But that doesn't really determine what a classic is for me. I'm going to go ahead and name some probably not-so-popular, and not so old ones that go on my list of favorites, if not considered classics Lite for me, and may even surprise people.

• Mushishi
  • FLCL
  • Space Dandy
  • Oban Star Racers
  • Eureka 7
  • Bleach
  • etc
The list can honestly go on. But one thing these all have in common is the feeling they all gave me over my course of watching them and the emotion they incited along for the ride of watching it. This actually made me think a little bit. Before a little reflection, while writing this post, I would've said anything that I grew up on and have fond memories of as a kid. Astro Boy being on the list as being my first anime, because I watched it with my father, for example. However, that isn't entirely the only qualifier. I think a classic is something you might consider personally timeless, a sort of feeling you might get, or you could always pick up and watch it, and enjoy it all the same—coming from a man who has watched DragonBall/Z up to 7 times now, haha.

MarkyMilly

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
This one is really tough!

I will have to go with my childhood anime I watch which was Dragon Ball