What movie did you watch that you were too young for that scarred you for life?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,706 happy users since 2014.
Register

notjustmonika

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
I always seem to forget about this movie even though I randomly sing jeepers creepers to this day.

🎶 jeepers creepers, where'd you get those peepers.
jeepers creepers, where'd you get those eyes 🎶

Also, this movie was the cause of my fear over scarecrows, creepy little buggers.
I watched it again recently for nostalgia and I didn't find this movie properly scary. Still, I think this movie has one of the best openings in all of horror. Like the whole first quarter of it is pretty creepy. Every time I see a similar truck, I panic.

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
Looking back, I've seen a lot of movies that I was too young for but still got to watch it courtesy of my older brother. When our parents were away, he would put on a movie he borrowed from his friend and he would let me watch it with him. We watched The Ring, Final Destination, Aliens, The Shining, The Hills Have Eyes and all other movies that weren't really suitable for kids 😅

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Looking back, I've seen a lot of movies that I was too young for but still got to watch it courtesy of my older brother. When our parents were away, he would put on a movie he borrowed from his friend and he would let me watch it with him. We watched The Ring, Final Destination, Aliens, The Shining, The Hills Have Eyes and all other movies that weren't really suitable for kids 😅
I do this with my sister too 😅

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
gremlins. it scared me so much as a child.
I wanted to have a pet like Gizmo as a kid, I even asked my mom where to get one 😅
Stupid young me thought that if I didn't break the rules and just took good care of it, then nothing bad will happen.

The Ring. I was so terrified😂 Couldn't go to the bathroom at night for days
After watching the ring, I couldnt stand to be near a television because I was scared that Sadako/Samara would come out of it. It came to a point where little me had to turn the television around to face the wall. My parents were not amused at what I have done but my brother still makes fun of me for that.

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
Arachnophobia!!! LOL seriously hate spiders since then :unsure::p
I have arachnophobia as well, I didn't know there was a movie titled like that so I was hesitant on searching for said movie on google, don't want spiders to pop up right in front of my face when the search loaded. Glad no pictures of spiders showed up (that's how scared I am, even images of spiders scare me and give me the heebie-jeebies 😫)

I don't think I'll have the guts to ever watch that movie, so I feel for you on a spiritual level 😅

pearlheartgtr

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
My parents took me to see John Carpenter's The Thing when I was a kid. I can't say it scarred me, but I will always remember the legs sprouting out from the severed head.

Desde13

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
First movie that scarred me for life was Transformers: The Movie. I remember crying my eyes out 5 minutes in. It wrecked Transformers for me. I guess it also almost killed the toy line and television show as well. The backlash was very swift. Not that many people remember or care to remember Rodimus Prime because he represents a stolen innocence.

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
First movie that scarred me for life was Transformers: The Movie. I remember crying my eyes out 5 minutes in. It wrecked Transformers for me. I guess it also almost killed the toy line and television show as well. The backlash was very swift. Not that many people remember or care to remember Rodimus Prime because he represents a stolen innocence.
Er... I'm sorry to here that 🙁
backlash from the media or backlash from your child self?

Desde13

In Love Lv4️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Er... I'm sorry to here that 🙁
backlash from the media or backlash from your child self?
Oh you sales of Transformers tanked. The parent company back in Japan had no idea people were so attached to Optimus Prime. They thought they were just introducing new toys. They even had a season ready with Rodimus Prime. They ended up bringing back the Transformers they killed off. I didn't even know the flack whoever owned received till after the first live action movie came out and I saw an article on g4 or whatever big tech site was back then and they talked about how transformers the movie stole their childhood and went through how the toy line never recovered to the game they had with the first couple seasons in the US. Also that the company that owns it learned to not kill off beloved childhood characters. I think it was Hasbro or some big company like that.

I was never into the toys. I already had a concept of the laws of physics and it was starting to irk me because I hadn't learned to play well with others yet.