This is a place for everyone who loves to read to meet and discuss books :D

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

What's the best way of dealing with writer's block?

AnaAlves

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hello!

So, I've been writing a story lately, (I actually write since I was 11 years old but I could never finish anything I started, so I've been trying to focus on this one) but I'm having a very serious writer's block. I have everything planned for my next chapter in my head but when I get to write... it just doesn't flow. It's like, I can imagine the whole chapter (dialogues, scenarios, actions, facial expressions, voice tones... everything) in my head as if I'm seeing a movie but I can't pass it to my writing.

I tried everything I could think of. I read a lot of similar books, listened to musics, tried to write when I was feeling happy, tried to write when I was feeling sad... I mean, I even insisted on a relationship knowing it would never work just to get the heartbreaking feeling lol masochist much?

Anyways, if you have any tips to overcome a writers' block, please tell us.

I would be really grateful!

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
o_O Writer's block is kind of my mortal enemy. Especially when it comes to creating stories. I find that one thing that really helps is going on Barnes and Noble's website or on Netflix. Once I get there, I read descriptions of books and movies and write a paragraph or two of what I think it's about. It usually gives me tons of ideas and motivates me all over again.

Super Dorky, I know...

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Traveling; most creative teams for anime, games and movies or writers in general travel to broaden their horizons and/or search for inspirations. Or simply do other things that you enjoy, by yourself or with friends and family.

1DegreeSeparation

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Force it. If you can imagine it, and you can see it in your mind, then the only thing stopping you is inertia. Yes, sometimes it's like squeezing blood from a stone, and nothing you write is satisfactory to you at that moment, but that's how it goes, the real enemy is if you stop, because then you're unlikely to ever get started.

Azura Shadow

þª®†—‡¹M³—Ãñg³¦
Member for 5 years
Maybe using a tape recorder to record your thoughts and things you envision for the next chapter in your own words might help . Most times writers block is simply anxiety so maybe you should just relax , go out , have some fun and let loose a bit to get your creative juices flowing again