What's the real life equivalent of - 1HP damage?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,717 happy users since 2014.
Register

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
I don't know. I just finished playing some D.A.D and thought to myself "what would be similar to this irl?" feel free to leave what you would think would be the equivalent of - 1HP damage in real life.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
That's all depends on each person i think, hmm think of it's like 'defence', 'vitality' or 'endurance' as a factor as different people's have different amount of health and defense condition. For instance to some people getting a cut from a pencil can literally sent them to death...hmm i forgot we can make that as a debuff factor.
Alright, let's just said a completely average, healthy and regular person at level said...5. have an amount of health at 30 (10 at start +5 each level) received a damage from an impact with an object to non vital area. Which will heal at the matter of minutes (depends on the impact power) so -1 HP. The health regeneration will kick in and cover the lost health in few seconds or minutes depends on vitality.
So, in conclusion the impact force damage + area of impact + person condition + object themselves (as for instance an impact from a book vs sharp objects will clearly different, not to mention the + bleeding or dismembered debuff) will created a -1 Hp which then will heal quickly. So normal thing like getting a small cut (not included bleeding debuff), get a book kissed your face, get your shin knocked tables and chairs legs, etc will result to -1HP.
But, meh, that just a theory. And i don't really play DnD so i don't put a dice rolls in that equation. Just from LitRpg novels i read.

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
Hmm.. I feel like shin into table may be a bit more damage if we're are saying this is a regular, healthy level 5 person as the speed at which some can walk would be factor into the amount of force applied in said collosion but I do agree with what you were saying. I was thinking maybe like something along the lines of: saying "thanks you too" when the waiter/waitress brings you your food and says "enjoy your meal". Like - 1HP, you can - 1 int for 4 days and confidence loss for 30 mins aha

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hmm.. I feel like shin into table may be a bit more damage if we're are saying this is a regular, healthy level 5 person as the speed at which some can walk would be factor into the amount of force applied in said collosion but I do agree with what you were saying. I was thinking maybe like something along the lines of: saying "thanks you too" when the waiter/waitress brings you your food and says "enjoy your meal". Like - 1HP, you can - 1 int for 4 days and confidence loss for 30 mins aha
Somehow i got the feeling that you saying the last part from personal experience.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Aha I'm pretty sure everyone's done so at some point an lost 1HP
Post automatically merged:

But in all actuality, what do you think could fit into the category of "-1HP in real life?"
Hmm, if i would choose then maybe a... idk. Getting a scratch on your elbow from a fall, scrapped knee, a little bruised head. Honestly, it's hard to put humans (real humans) health into well....math and equation. Some Humans can live from lets say a boxing match, broken bones, getting shooted or fall from a cliff. While other kick the bucket when they slipped and broke their neck or gotten concussion (though i think i can put that as critical hits damages....hmm). Humans body are really strong, yet really fragile at the same time afterall.

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
Hmm, if i would choose then maybe a... idk. Getting a scratch on your elbow from a fall, scrapped knee, a little bruised head. Honestly, it's hard to put humans (real humans) health into well....math and equation. Some Humans can live from lets say a boxing match, broken bones, getting shooted or fall from a cliff. While other kick the bucket when they slipped and broke their neck or gotten concussion (though i think i can put that as critical hits damages....hmm). Humans body are really strong, yet really fragile at the same time afterall.
I really didn't take that into the matter. Hmm I guess narrowing 1HP damage may prove quite difficult. Maybe "real life equivalent of - 1HP on yourself"? But I'd like to say the equivalent for me would be going to sneeze and not actually sneezing - 1HP and - embarrassment status.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
For me, it's easy. As long as the wound don't last a few days or healed very quickly without too much pain then i will consider it -1 HP. So probably really minor injuries like accidently bumb your shin onto a table or fall down to your bum. Hurts, but not do serious lasting damage.

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
Damn, falling down to your gluteus maximums to me would be like my soul leaving my body, as I've got no junk in the trunk for da cushion 😔

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
It depends on the flavour! Trust me. I know i great deal about this sort of thing...probably :D
Oh, damn. I really hope that isn't a common occurance :( but if it is ill use my one HP damage on em and an make em step on a Lego brick aha.