What's your opinion on : Gender Equality and Feminism?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,756 happy users since 2014.
Register

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Alright so...*cough* God this is ankward. So yeah, a bit backstory, so few days ago my sociology teacher give me an assignment where i have to write a homework and then explaining it on the class about some well...sosial stuff. So the topic I got was about Feminism and Gender Equality, now as you can see from ...ehm... the tittle i just wanted to know your views on the subject, especially from the opposite gender since i want to know their perspectives, i... Got a bit confused on my research you see.
Thank you for your time for reading this.

Cheettat

The Demolisher
YouTuber
✔ Approved Releaser
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 5 years
It's a great topic and you will get a lot of different views especially from girls I suppose . Everyone is equal , there's no gender inequality as the God himself categorised men and women both under human beings . Women now have equal rights in almost every country and they are given the same position as men but still in some countries inequality exist which is really awful . Women are really great beings , they are beautiful , powerful , intelligent and caring . There are not enough words to describe them . Every women is beautiful and as we know behind every great men is a hand of women so definitely women are very important to us and to the world . We should respect them and create a safe world for them .😎

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Agreed. On all words you said...write. But most of the issues i found was on the latter subject, Feminism. I heard it once or twice but never dive deep into the subject.
I was encouraged to support Gender Equality since i was a child as my country we're predominantly Muslim and yes Islam value and respect Women's in a really really high places especially Mother (despise what many non-muslim thought) so I rarely seen this as an issue on my country. My Father even always told me to treat a girl like a Princess and they appreciate it.
However when i looked into the other places like USA i found many....weird case for Gender Equality and Feminism...

pleaseforgiveme

SB Cash Farmer
Member for 5 years
Women can give birth - while men can make child with women - so they make family
Christ mother was a women - God created men - Women created from men - snake came from serpent.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yeah i also like to include the perspective of biology and psychology in this. So...it seems there is some....alright a lot of hatred come from Feminist toward their masculine counterpart, they believe that man generally are giving mistreatments toward them and here is the things that got me confused...How did they want to be treated? Gender Equality maybe, sure but...what kind of equality? I mean it's really broad subject.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
That i completely agree, my brother. My questions is are the women (in this case feminist) respect us in return? Truth be told i had some...bad and unpleasant experience with that type of girls in middle school, can't say the same with all girls of course, but there's other that take it to the extreme, it's like all we are doing is wrong...

Chatonbrutal

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I'm sorry about what happened to you, Hans. It's sad to see that human beings can sometimes act like a pack...

Concerning feminism; It is a sensitive subject that I think goes beyond the statement "we are all equal" and obliges us to analyze the way our societies function.
As young girls/women we are dealing with a lot of harassment and sexual assault - we can't even identify them as such ourselves... It is even harder to explain it to someone who does not live it and never will.

Personally, it was only when I looked for work or when I worked at a certain level of responsibility that I realized that, even in a very modern country, I clearly had fewer opportunities (pay increase/promotion/recognition) than a man.
Maternity was the icing on the cake.... I now it's "dead" for me know.
If I used to earn more than my partner, I understood very quickly that from now on this would no longer be the case.

Another Coffee

Sbennytopia's Royal Hatter
Member for 5 years
As i see it, every view on life should be considered without exception as views and opinions are part of a subjective analysis that is inherent to every single individual and therefore irreplaceable. Even in disagreement, one should respect the other point of view as one of equal value as long as it doesn't go against logic. That said, I fully support equality and tolerance in all areas of life, as there's nothing illogical about wanting the same opportunities that other people have.
I do not think that feminism is actually being discussed as such in all the different medias, but it's application (which i consider a healthy exercise since any extreme makes you blind to other aspects that may be as important).
That said, Feminism is not to blame for the lack of opportunities that males have in some cultures (such as an almost 0 chance of keeping their children in case of divorce, laughable quantity of days off in case of paternity, etc). Funny enough, an interesting number of people use these circumstances as means to attack the feminist movement..which is similar to fat people blaming slim people for their own weight..a little illogical if you ask me.

It's a fascinating topic!

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'm sorry about what happened to you, Hans. It's sad to see that human beings can sometimes act like a pack...

Concerning feminism; It is a sensitive subject that I think goes beyond the statement "we are all equal" and obliges us to analyze the way our societies function.
As young girls/women we are dealing with a lot of harassment and sexual assault - we can't even identify them as such ourselves... It is even harder to explain it to someone who does not live it and never will.

Personally, it was only when I looked for work or when I worked at a certain level of responsibility that I realized that, even in a very modern country, I clearly had fewer opportunities (pay increase/promotion/recognition) than a man.
Maternity was the icing on the cake.... I now it's "dead" for me know.
If I used to earn more than my partner, I understood very quickly that from now on this would no longer be the case.
Thanks and don't be sorry, it's nothing to do with you afterall, you are not the one that...ehh, not bullying, more like harassment. Beside, it's all in the past and that's what make who i am today. Hans Bloodsmith, savvy and quirky at your service.

"We are all equal." Eh...this words has been misprinted, i mean, to me and my family "Equal means putting the right things on the right place." As 'Same' didn't necessarily means equal, for example my parent bought me and my sister a Barbie and a soccer ball, with the Barbie had says had twice the price the balls, but even then i would still choose the ball over the Barbie because i like and need the ball and didn't have any interest in Barbie, right things to a right place (people).

I'm really sorry. And yes you're right, i didn't know how it's feel, because well, I'm a male. And that's why it become our responsibility to protect women, as a man...no as a Human, so they didn't have to go through that.

Sadly...yes, women had fewer opportunity in modern world than man, but they have a chance, a chance to prove themselves, proves that they're can be as capable as men. There is however, a few exceptions that i myself drawn, there some jobs that requires mens over women's, the dangerous one such as military, construction worker, hard labor etc. It's moreso because biology reason than a gender or sex.

Thank you very much though, for sharing with me^^
Post automatically merged:

As i see it, every view on life should be considered without exception as views and opinions are part of a subjective analysis that is inherent to every single individual and therefore irreplaceable. Even in disagreement, one should respect the other point of view as one of equal value as long as it doesn't go against logic. That said, I fully support equality and tolerance in all areas of life, as there's nothing illogical about wanting the same opportunities that other people have.
I do not think that feminism is actually being discussed as such in all the different medias, but it's application (which i consider a healthy exercise since any extreme makes you blind to other aspects that may be as important).
That said, Feminism is not to blame for the lack of opportunities that males have in some cultures (such as an almost 0 chance of keeping their children in case of divorce, laughable quantity of days off in case of paternity, etc). Funny enough, an interesting number of people use these circumstances as means to attack the feminist movement..which is similar to fat people blaming slim people for their own weight..a little illogical if you ask me.

It's a fascinating topic!
So it's moreso depends on the person, as people's have their own opinions. I take all people opinions, but I'm a logical person, so as long as they had some basic logic on them i accept it. Extremist on the other hand.... example of illogical question.
Why did man spread their legs when they seat on a buses, train or plane, therefore taking and wasting more space?
Answer :.... Because we have a berries and stick squeezed between our legs. Did you pershap forget a basic human anatomy?

Last edited:

pleaseforgiveme

SB Cash Farmer
Member for 5 years
actually this is too much for my brain too handle those english has deep meanings that i cannot understand so forgive me guys of i don't have anymore too say about this whole thing well it's time for me to read some ebooks that i got downloaded well Goodnight too all of you.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
actually this is too much for my brain too handle those english has deep meanings that i cannot understand so forgive me guys of i don't have anymore too say about this whole thing well it's time for me to read some ebooks that i got downloaded well Goodnight too all of you.
Good night and don't pull all nighter and finish all those books in one go Mister!

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Post automatically merged:

So it's moreso depends on the person, as people's have their own opinions. I take all people opinions, but I'm a logical person, so as long as they had some basic logic on them i accept it. Extremist on the other hand.... example of illogical question.
Why did man spread their legs when they seat on a buses, train or plane, therefore taking and wasting more space?
Answer :....We have a berries and stick squeezed between our legs.
Exactly! An extreme is counterproductive in every category. If such a condition is enough to opening our legs as if we were Van Damme, i imagine we wouldn't be able to do sports or wear a groin protector...maybe even walk or wear jeans or other types of pants would be a challenge. We could always walk as crabs, if that helps! xD

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Exactly! An extreme is counterproductive in every category. If such a condition is enough to opening our legs as if we were Van Damme, i imagine we wouldn't be able to do sports or wear a groin protector...maybe even walk or wear jeans or other types of pants would be a challenge. We could always walk as crabs, if that helps! 😂
Beside.... aren't women's do that too with their purses and shopping bags? (No offense by the way)
Try that once or twice... always French kisses a pole or wall on the fifth step 🦀.

Another Coffee

Member for 5 years
Beside.... aren't women's do that too with their purses and shopping bags? (No offense by the way)
Try that once or twice... always French kisses a pole or wall on the fifth step 🦀.
I fully agree! For instance: more than once i've seen pack mules in the shape of guys and not necessarily because they were fit or strong or heavily build but because they were guys. It was illogical and, therefore, laughable.
Common sense goes both ways, but again! Feminism is not to blame for it. The blame is in our own fears and prejudices.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I fully agree! For instance: more than once i've seen pack mules in the shape of guys and not necessarily because they were fit or strong or heavily build but because they were guys. It was illogical and, therefore, laughable.
Common sense goes both ways, but again! Feminism is not to blame for it. The blame is in our own fears and prejudices.
I don't mind helping a women carrying her bags or just be a nice guy in general, a gentleman you may say. But now i drew a line on few things. Remember when i write earlier that i had a bad experience with girls in middle school? While here's the summary, i got an argument (which i can't even remember now) on the very first day of my freshman year. So i try apologizing but she didn't accept it, so then I just shrug it off and leave. But afterwards, she and her girl friends (which basically all the girl in my class) keep verbally harassing me everyday, ignoring me at best critizing insulting everything i do, laugh at my accomplishment, saying that i act weird or idiotic (which maybe hold some semblance of truth in them....) all the times etc. So i basically hated by all the girls in my and few other class for my entire 3 years there. I try to make it up to them many times but since they avoid me like a plague so in the end, i just give up and ignore them, training my 'In to Right ear, out from the Left' skills. But on the bright side it taught me to be....well, Me. I learn to listen or ignore people opinions based on their intension and logic and didn't let them define me, just because they told me I'm an idiot doesn't mean I am. It's illogical *shrug*