What's your opinion on : Gender Equality and Feminism?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,466 happy users since 2014.
Register

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hmm, you're right, i didn't and wouldn't completely understand since I'm a male and still young.
I didn't think having a child are making them unreliable, it's all depends on the jobs, on the time. Can she split time between works and family effectively therefore more efficient at doing their job?
Yes, there is jobs that open for both opportunity to a man and women, but I didn't think 'too Emotional' are the main deciding factor, maybe the male usually had more ambitious, can be more hardworking, and didn't afraid to take risk? And i think too Emotional can be beneficial in many other jobs, like Doctor, Nurse, Teacher etc. It's mean you can accept people feeling better and can be more sympathetic to them.
Yep, many things goes unnoticed, but that happens on both sides of the spectrum.

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
On the topic of gender equality, what about the matter of fact of laws having to be changed for this exact reason. For example, if women are seen equal as men then so fourth they would be seen equal in the eyes of law which we take that safe guard away from women with power crazed men who'd constantly abuse women if they do become seen as equal. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen but there would be a lot of penalties for this same reason and I feel like most of the time this is overlooked. I don't want to say I'm against it but if it means regulating rules to be sqayed in favour of gender equality I'd be against it. Well not entirely but against the fact that that safety net women have could be easily abused and violated.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
A Great place to learn more about how people see these types of situations is to look at political elections. Try looking at how some people respond to the idea of having a female in a position of power.

Here is an example: NPR Choice page
Post automatically merged:

On the topic of gender equality, what about the matter of fact of laws having to be changed for this exact reason. For example, if women are seen equal as men then so fourth they would be seen equal in the eyes of law which we take that safe guard away from women with power crazed men who'd constantly abuse women if they do become seen as equal. I'm not saying it shouldn't happen but there would be a lot of penalties for this same reason and I feel like most of the time this is overlooked. I don't want to say I'm against it but if it means regulating rules to be sqayed in favour of gender equality I'd be against it. Well not entirely but against the fact that that safety net women have could be easily abused and violated.

There's a difference between equality and allowing abuse. Abuse laws protect men just as they do women.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
My own believe in equality is that of 'Putting the Right Things on the The Right Place' or 'Giving the Right Things to the Right Peoples' as exactly same, doesn't mean equal.

FatBoi

RICEFIELDS-WORKER
Member for 5 years
A Great place to learn more about how people see these types of situations is to look at political elections. Try looking at how some people respond to the idea of having a female in a position of power.

There's a difference between equality and allowing abuse. Abuse laws protect men just as they do women.
I wasn't implying that there aren't laws against abuse I was trying to state the matter of fact that men could get away with domestic violence alot easier if the gender neutrality is a factor in this. Like the sentence for domestic violence against women is alot harsher then it is if two men were to do so. I was mainly trying to state the matter that that the law for the would have to be adjusted in a bad way, think about it for a sec. If women do become seen as equal then the sentences for the same crimes men do upon each other would be the same as done to a women, and that's really freighting as if enough people dont come out about it now then this may given even further reason for them to be even more afraid to do so, a scared wife constantly abused by her husband shaken to the core is terrified that if she would come forward she'd have to face her husband eventually, but with the gender equality it'd be alot sooner then eventually.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
My own believe in equality is that of 'Putting the Right Things on the The Right Place' or 'Giving the Right Things to the Right Peoples' as exactly same, doesn't mean equal.

No, no, i didn't care about a person gender, race or others as a deciding factor for a leader, what i seen is capability of a person. Can they be a good leader? I mean, one of the president of my country are a women.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
But I'm.... conflicted about it. I mean there's many many many case of an innocent man accused of crimes they didn't commit against women.
And the worst part is that said women just let go on her way scot free, she even got compensation for it, 1.5 million dollars if I'm not wrong.

Kittyosborne

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
In my personal opinion, I don't think men should really speak about women's rights or gender equality. Not at the fault of men really, but because men will never fully understand what it's like to be a woman. Some women still don't really understand the oppression women have gone through for soooo long. For a long time I was anti-feminist, because I didn't really understand oppression & I didn't really understand privilege, until I got older and saw how it affects so many women around me, including myself. It's definitely a difficult thing to grasp or come to terms with, so I don't really get bothered when people don't understand it. Being a woman just comes with a lot of having to prove yourself. It's also disheartening that pretty much every woman I know has been sexually assaulted once or multiple times, even myself. The first time I was sexually assaulted I was 11, people began catcalling me at that age. When I was 13 I was molested and raped in the same night by two family friends at a birthday party. I was raped again my freshman year by a senior at my school. I was physically abused by a male love interest for the first time when I was 15, I had a black eye and a bloody nose. Women go through a lot of unseen struggles, a lot of the time you won't even know when a woman is going through things like that. Most of us are afraid or too embarrassed to speak up, I think that's why it bothers me so much when people look at isolated cases and say women "just want to accuse men for money or fame..." So many of us live in silence and fear. Power differentials are 100% real and in place, even if you try to disocciate from it, even though not all men are the same, there will always be a power differential.

In my personal opinion, I don't think men should really speak about women's rights or gender equality. Not at the fault of men really, but because men will never fully understand what it's like to be a woman. Some women still don't really understand the oppression women have gone through for soooo long. For a long time I was anti-feminist, because I didn't really understand oppression & I didn't really understand privilege, until I got older and saw how it affects so many women around me, including myself. It's definitely a difficult thing to grasp or come to terms with, so I don't really get bothered when people don't understand it. Being a woman just comes with a lot of having to prove yourself. It's also disheartening that pretty much every woman I know has been sexually assaulted once or multiple times, even myself. The first time I was sexually assaulted I was 11, people began catcalling me at that age. When I was 13 I was molested and raped in the same night by two family friends at a birthday party. I was raped again my freshman year by a senior at my school. I was physically abused by a male love interest for the first time when I was 15, I had a black eye and a bloody nose. Women go through a lot of unseen struggles, a lot of the time you won't even know when a woman is going through things like that. Most of us are afraid or too embarrassed to speak up, I think that's why it bothers me so much when people look at isolated cases and say women "just want to accuse men for money or fame..." So many of us live in silence and fear. Power differentials are 100% real and in place, even if you try to disocciate from it, even though not all men are the same, there will always be a power differential.
To add to my original statement, I am, without shame, an intersectional feminist. I'm a strong believer in equal opportunity for everyone, and a strong believer in wanting better for women from every country & every background. Equal rights under the eyes of the law doesn't necessarily mean equality truly exists. The law doesn't mean much when judges & society can interpret the law however so they choose. Sometimes women are equal to men, sometimes we aren't. I think the most important thing about feminism is reaching the end goal of justice & equality for all women. True feminism's end goal is never to punish all men simply for being men, the goal is for women & men everywhere to simply coexist and have equal understanding of separate struggles, and also for people who have privilege to understand that privilege doesn't necessarily mean they are guilty of anything, and that they aren't at fault for being privileged. A teacher once told me that true privilege is not even realizing the privilege exists. Time and time again, you will see people given the benefit of the doubt, whether it be because of their gender, background, race, wealth, or etc. There's nothing wrong with being privileged, there's moreso a problem with abusing privilege & not attempting to understand that some people are given less opportunity.

Last edited:

Constipated

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Actually i don't have opinion on this sensitive matter
Why bother this is not an important issue lets all think
Something more important issue is about Same sex marriage
Which is not a very acceptable thing everyone knows.

That the marriage is only for Male and female not for gay and Male Or Lesbian to Female this is why i can't discuss this thing very complicated and sensitive matter
Also a wedding is a very sacred and holy event god wed to couple with only gender
Male and female but when Same sex happened it's a disrespectful act to do thats a disgrace to christian religion.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Actually i don't have opinion on this sensitive matter
Why bother this is not an important issue lets all think
Something more important issue is about Same sex marriage
Which is not a very acceptable thing everyone knows.

That the marriage is only for Male and female not for gay and Male Or Lesbian to Female this is why i can't discuss this thing very complicated and sensitive matter
Also a wedding is a very sacred and holy event god wed to couple with only gender
Male and female but when Same sex happened it's a disrespectful act to do thats a disgrace to christian religion.
Alright then.....
I'm not too familiar with the issues since i live in an Islamic country and this matter seems to never show up.
Personally..... i don't approve same sex marriage, not because I'm homophobic or transphobic or anything like that, it just because they are completely against my belief and ideology, both religiously and biologically. I find women more attractive and i want to continue to have my lineage passed down.
But here's the thing, we live in a free world you see, filled with 7.7 billion individuals, each have their own belief and ideology and most of the time that ideology clashed against one another, since we were born in fact. Black, white, Christian, Islam, Jews, Hindus, Buddha, even Atheist.
Because each of us has been granted our own freedom, we given choices.
You can persuade them, you can give your opinion but can't force your own ideology into another, same goes vice versa. You don't need to follow, you don't to approve but at least respect their choice. As even if their choice are wrong in the end then they are the ones that will be fully responsible of their own actions.
So basically, my opinion is that.... I'm lend more towards indifference, the 'meh' kind
People have freedom to do what they want to do as long they don't hurt people on the way or force them to see their own way

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Altough I think the world is trying its best to make us see women having the same rights of men, it appears obvious to me that it's never gonna really happen. Governments can make laws in favor of women, we can celebrate international festivals for women, but until we men will change our mind about women, the world is really never gonna change.

Women always appeared as those who had to take care of house, cleanings and taking care of the family, while men always appeared as those who had to take money to home. Nowadays most people changed their mind about it, but I still see men feeling unconfortable with having their wives working and taking money to home, as they want to always feel superior somehow. I bet if men started taking care of the house and their family, they'd understand working and taking money to home is the "easier" thing.

On the other side, there are some women using their "powers" to make their men obey to them, which is often used as escapegoat from men to justify their supremacy and the need to "administrate" women.

So uhm the morale? I have no morale sadly.. I can't say we live in a world where equality exists at all. I'm in favor of women, as I admirate what they do and what they're capable of doing, compared to most men, but I'm not here to say we men are useless or that women are better than us, it's just we can't generally speak about our genders. A single woman or a single man is enough to totally change the point of view about human genders, and we'll never globally think equally about genders, especially due to the different cultures in different corners of the world.

Most people from a certain country might be in favor of men due to their supremacy, while some other people could be in favor of women, especially in most "socially advanced" countries, where freedom is a thing (altough it's getting often confused with this bad idea of "freedom means I can do everything I want", resulting in all the bad things we hear more and more often to the TV news nowadays).

I hope this small paragraph helped see my point of view on this matter, altough I had to use very simple words to describe what I think about it, since English isn't my main language.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Altough I think the world is trying its best to make us see women having the same rights of men, it appears obvious to me that it's never gonna really happen. Governments can make laws in favor of women, we can celebrate international festivals for women, but until we men will change our mind about women, the world is really never gonna change.

Women always appeared as those who had to take care of house, cleanings and taking care of the family, while men always appeared as those who had to take money to home. Nowadays most people changed their mind about it, but I still see men feeling unconfortable with having their wives working and taking money to home, as they want to always feel superior somehow. I bet if men started taking care of the house and their family, they'd understand working and taking money to home is the "easier" thing.

On the other side, there are some women using their "powers" to make their men obey to them, which is often used as escapegoat from men to justify their supremacy and the need to "administrate" women.

So uhm the morale? I have no morale sadly.. I can't say we live in a world where equality exists at all. I'm in favor of women, as I admirate what they do and what they're capable of doing, compared to most men, but I'm not here to say we men are useless or that women are better than us, it's just we can't generally speak about our genders. A single woman or a single man is enough to totally change the point of view about human genders, and we'll never globally think equally about genders, especially due to the different cultures in different corners of the world.

Most people from a certain country might be in favor of men due to their supremacy, while some other people could be in favor of women, especially in most "socially advanced" countries, where freedom is a thing (altough it's getting often confused with this bad idea of "freedom means I can do everything I want", resulting in all the bad things we hear more and more often to the TV news nowadays).

I hope this small paragraph helped see my point of view on this matter, altough I had to use very simple words to describe what I think about it, since English isn't my main language.
Thanks for your opinion @Sbenny - Sama! (≧▽≦)

Alright. First thing first. I fully support the idea of feminism, I'm all in for both gender to have equal standing in the world.
but i think that, as with any other ism, you have a wide spectrum of belief and application there, with certain areas of the spectrum disavowing the others.

Since feminism comprises the interests of half of the population of the world, and since half of the population of the world either are feminists or are told that they should be feminists, this becomes particularly true.

Feminism isn’t inherently bad. It’s based on the notion that men and women should have the same social, legal, and economic opportunities. Sounds great, right?
But the thing is that social, legal, and economic opportunity equal to that of men has already been achieved in most country, especially in Western one. Yet many feminists (not all of them) still believe they are oppressed, even though they aren’t, so many feminists fight against ridiculously small issues. “Microaggressions,” if you will. I mean i didn't know 'manspreading' are society problem until a week ago.
Feminism nowadays has been turned by some childish, irrational, illogical man hating women into a complete jokes of view.....i probably gonna get smacked for that but i don't care *sigh*

It should be fighting for men’s and women’s rights both, and for a long time I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Certainly rational feminists exist, and are doing good work. But that is not the face of the movement right now. Right now we have feminists talking about the gender pay gap, or how we should have a female president, or how companies should require some number of women on their executive boards, as if these are the most important gendered issues of our time. Obviously.

Man doing job and women taken care of home are technically the most basic human instinct, you know, the male provide home, income and basic need to his family while the wife take care of their home and children. It's not because male feel superior for the most part, but more so because it was expected of them to, it was expected of them to provide and protecting their kids and wife. And same thing with women, they're expected to be capable taking care of children because well... women were more capable at that aspect. However I'm all in if they also one to have the same opportunity to provide income for their family, they're have the same opportunity now afterall, and i do not opposed the idea of husband taking care of home or at least helping their wife.
I... not completely agree on what you said that taking money to home is 'easier' things. It's the matter of perspective really, sure, sitting in front of computer and typing for eight hours a day are easier than taking care of home. But what about other jobs? The one that can severely injured or even kill you? Construction worker, factory labour, army, navy, pilots etc etc. Are of those are definitely....more harder compare to average housewife daily routines. There is a reason why man make out over 90% of fatality rates in works place afterall.

So yeah, that's all of it. Sorry if there's a mistakes there or something that offended anyone, I'm really appreciate all of your giving me your opinion on subject matter, Thank you so much! (◍•ᴗ•◍)

Kittyosborne

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years

Alright. First thing first. I fully support the idea of feminism, I'm all in for both gender to have equal standing in the world.
but i think that, as with any other ism, you have a wide spectrum of belief and application there, with certain areas of the spectrum disavowing the others.

Since feminism comprises the interests of half of the population of the world, and since half of the population of the world either are feminists or are told that they should be feminists, this becomes particularly true.

Feminism isn’t inherently bad. It’s based on the notion that men and women should have the same social, legal, and economic opportunities. Sounds great, right?
But the thing is that social, legal, and economic opportunity equal to that of men has already been achieved in most country, especially in Western one. Yet many feminists (not all of them) still believe they are oppressed, even though they aren’t, so many feminists fight against ridiculously small issues. “Microaggressions,” if you will. I mean i didn't know 'manspreading' are society problem until a week ago.
Feminism nowadays has been turned by some childish, irrational, illogical man hating women into a complete jokes of view.....i probably gonna get smacked for that but i don't care *sigh*

It should be fighting for men’s and women’s rights both, and for a long time I was willing to give it the benefit of the doubt. Certainly rational feminists exist, and are doing good work. But that is not the face of the movement right now. Right now we have feminists talking about the gender pay gap, or how we should have a female president, or how companies should require some number of women on their executive boards, as if these are the most important gendered issues of our time. Obviously.

Man doing job and women taken care of home are technically the most basic human instinct, you know, the male provide home, income and basic need to his family while the wife take care of their home and children. It's not because male feel superior for the most part, but more so because it was expected of them to, it was expected of them to provide and protecting their kids and wife. And same thing with women, they're expected to be capable taking care of children because well... women were more capable at that aspect. However I'm all in if they also one to have the same opportunity to provide income for their family, they're have the same opportunity now afterall, and i do not opposed the idea of husband taking care of home or at least helping their wife.
I... not completely agree on what you said that taking money to home is 'easier' things. It's the matter of perspective really, sure, sitting in front of computer and typing for eight hours a day are easier than taking care of home. But what about other jobs? The one that can severely injured or even kill you? Construction worker, factory labour, army, navy, pilots etc etc. Are of those are definitely....more harder compare to average housewife daily routines. There is a reason why man make out over 90% of fatality rates in works place afterall.

So yeah, that's all of it. Sorry if there's a mistakes there or something that offended anyone, I'm really appreciate all of your giving me your opinion on subject matter, Thank you so much! (◍•ᴗ•◍)
Not trying to be rude, but you have a lot to learn if you truly think opportunity for work and income means equality. Women still aren't treated equally to men. Women are still silenced every day. Every woman I know has been sexually assaulted at least once. Our opinions and voices still aren't taken as seriously as those of men. The issue here isn't women being able to have legal equality, it's societal equality. Women are walked all over and ignored because we are seen as weak and less intelligent than men, even in Western civilization. Women are still below men as long as so much of the population has that mindset. It's not about work oppurtunity. It's about being seen as valid human beings, with valid opinions and feelings and thoughts. You seem to have no clue where feminists' priorities are. Personally, as a feminist, I just want justice for all of us that have been treated like less than human, and for all of us that have been sexually harassed by men since we were children.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User

Besides the job thing (I was generally speaking, not meant to devaluate men's work, but to value more what women do and are capable of doing instead), I think it's not laws we need, it's something more about to the social aspect of it. I'm gonna make a few very simple examples below, hope to give the idea of what I talk about.

I can't even imagine how women feel everyday, in basically every situation, think about taking the bus or a taxi as a woman, about having a meeting with a male boss as a woman, even about walking alone as a woman. Shall we talk about all the violence which more and more often happens behind the 4 walls of their home?

The true essence of the difference between men and women happens when they're alone, that's the moment when you really realize there's a difference between the two genders.

We have laws, women have rights, but when something bad happens, it's always too late to apply the laws. That's why we can keep adding many laws to protect womem and to give them rights, but there's no law which will change men's mentality.

It's a dead end, we're more animals than men when it comes to actually turn on our brain in such situations and that's probably something we can't even change. The phenomenon might decrease in the future, also thanks to the advent of social media which connect every corner of the world, but I'm quite sure there will always be a difference between men and women.

Interesting facts:
• 3 weeks ago in my country, a teacher (woman) repeatedly sexually abused one of her 13th years old student and everyone is still talking about it in every TV channel (including shows).

• 2 months ago, a similar thing happened, but the teacher was a man, and the student was a younger girl, and nobody talked about it anymore after a few days, and only 2 tv news talked about it.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Not trying to be rude, but you have a lot to learn if you truly think opportunity for work and income means equality. Women still aren't treated equally to men. Women are still silenced every day. Every woman I know has been sexually assaulted at least once. Our opinions and voices still aren't taken as seriously as those of men. The issue here isn't women being able to have legal equality, it's societal equality. Women are walked all over and ignored because we are seen as weak and less intelligent than men, even in Western civilization. Women are still below men as long as so much of the population has that mindset. It's not about work oppurtunity. It's about being seen as valid human beings, with valid opinions and feelings and thoughts. You seem to have no clue where feminists' priorities are. Personally, as a feminist, I just want justice for all of us that have been treated like less than human, and for all of us that have been sexually harassed by men since we were children.
Yes, no offense taken, i value all of the opinion i could get.
Yes, I'm still have much to learn, very naive in many aspects of these discussions infact, that why i even started this ln the first place, but aren't equal opportunity for job and pay one of the things that women once want to have and fight for, and now they're already achieve it?
Explain.
In modern days, no, women are allowed to freely speak their opinion on public, and it's illegal to deny that right, it's called freedom of speech law.
I'm really sorry to hear, i don't know what to say about that, as I never experienced it myself and it's rarely happens on my country sience we are an Islamic based country, America seems to be, pardon my language, **** up.
No, my point upstairs, your opinion nowadays are accepted equally, as seen by the fact that you have right, vote's and even can be ellected as president, Hillary Clinton are one of the candidates last time, no? And if there was a man or woman that doesn't accept the opinion of other because theirs gender then that's just because they're sexist and/or masogynistic toward women, we can't really generalize them.
Ok.
Yes, i see your point. It's like my point upstairs. Also women are weaker that man, physically, it's basic gender dimorphism. Women didn't have less intelligence, as a matter of fact, I'm currently have an intellectual discussion with one, and the one that thinks otherwise are, again, a masogynistic/sexist person, which not are male are. The fact is that actually there is a stereotype that there is more dumb male than women in our world, but there also more intelligent man, not because women are less intelegent, it just....fact. like for example, quick! Name five man inventor in history without searching and then name five women inventors with the same rules applied.
That why feminism exist in the first place, no? And from what i seen it generally works, in the last election you have two candidates from opposite gender, no? Aren't that can be seen as equal?
I'm not denying your humanity, you can have all those options and i accept it now aren't i? Sure not all men are good, heck, not all human are good, there is bad apple here and there, and not all of us a rape, racist, sexis man.
Yes and no, mostly, i know that feminist want to have an Equality maybe with men, sure, I'm all for that, but does that mean it's acceptable for me to slap a women back if she slap me first? Does is that mean that women now must be drafted to military? Or i can use female bathroom now? We can't be fully equal in every way possible, since we are really different, equality means equal responsibility for all aspects, and we just can't, we are too different for that.
Yes, i want that to, that what I think a Feminism supposed to be, and I'll help you, we will help you, we are already trying to help you. Law enforcement exist, bad guy exist, good guy exist, you can't turn all bad guy into good guy but you can at least ask the good guy to help protect you from the bad guy.

Overall thank you for your opinion, i really appreciate your thoughts on the matter and i respect your opinion.