💬 Review When Marnie Was There

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,334 happy users since 2014.
Register

Lucina247

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: When Marnie Was There

To me it is a very beautiful and powerful movie. I loved the colors and characters.

Review:
This movie is one of the most powerful Studio Ghibli movies that I've seen. The two main characters are Anna and Marnie. Anna lives in the city with her foster mother. The movie opens up with her drawing a park for school and gets an asthma attack. Because of this both her doctor and mother think it would be best if she went somewhere with "clean air" so for the summer she is sent to her foster mother's relatives who are the aunt and uncle. When she gets there she explores around the neighborhood and finds what looks to be an old abandoned mansion in a marsh and this is where she meets Marnie who is blonde and very sweet. Her mother and father are very rich and are almost never home so she has a lot of free time. Along the way Anna learns stuff about Marnie and the way she lives. She learns that Marnie is lonely cause she always misses her parents and the only people who take care of her which are the maids are not very nice to her. Anna and her become very close and learns a very interesting thing about Marnie that changes her and the perspective she has on many things.

Would you recommend this to other users? I definitely recommend this movie it is so good and cute. Also sorry if I gave most of the story line away but I swear there's more to it than what I wrote above so give it a watch! <3

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

pastel

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
the plot twist though! as a yuri lover, i was expecting Anna and Marnie to be together but i was wheezing so hard at the end. Well, a good story to be honest even at first i don't really understand shez lol.