Who should continue modding CoG & Hosted Games

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,715 happy users since 2014.
Register

Who should continue the mods development of CoG and Hosted Games?

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
My point of view:
  • King Hacker changed his username from "KingofAllHackers"; to symbolize his transition to IOS. And he recently posted something about a monthly contest, so "if ever"~ it would seem he's going to be busy.
  • Axiom is GOD!
  • Nardo is doing Delight games.
  • Dark Phantom seems busy.
  • Phytoplankton have been very active in Modding & posting CoG/Hosted games~ and he's doing a great job at it.

zzoi50

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I go with whoever fastest, and hopefully we can get mod for game like dragon ball legend

LastVampire

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I don't think it's a good idea or even fair on us members (non modders) to have only one person modding a whole variety of games.

Everyone has their real life things to do, and do this as a hobby which they enjoy, to help us in their spare time.

Having only one person modding will mean more waiting time when apps updates.

And also, as we give SB coins, it's not fair on the other modders that only one person gets all the SB coins.

SBenny, please review this decision.

BabeintheWoods

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Axiom is the OG modder for CoG/Hosted games, no? I think you're grandfathered in by this point 🤔 (and I think the casted votes agree^^)

domipi

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
I agree with the statements that @LastVampire wrote wholeheartedly. While I understand the concern as to why this new rule is being implemented, since the mods aren't really paid IRL and making the mods as hobbies, it wouldn't be fair on other modders who want to mod the games.

Someone mentioned earlier about having the mods communicate with discord and stuff. I think that's a terrific idea. That way, you guys can keep track who's doing what.

I like the CoGs and HGs because of the different mods; some more than others, but it doesn't mean it should rest on one modder's shoulders. It may add pressure on said moddeR.

@Sbenny I, too, hope you'll review this decision, please. 😊

SpencerDee

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
How about a new account that can be controlled by these modders so it's a collaboration for mods? This way, they can coordinate since COG and HG regularly releases a bunch of new games. It would mean no one has to stop working on what they love. I don't know how viable this idea is, but I will be supporting whatevr will come out of this vote. I'm really thankful for all the effort you guys have done. :)

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
I don't think it's a good idea or even fair on us members (non modders) to have only one person modding a whole variety of games. SBenny, please review this decision.
I agree with the statements that @LastVampire While I understand the concern as to why this new rule is being implemented, since the mods aren't really paid IRL and making the mods as hobbies, it wouldn't be fair on other modders who want to mod the games.
@Sbenny I, too, hope you'll review this decision, please. 😊
The new rule doesn't state that only one modder can mod a game, it says 'someone else can't mod the game if it has the same, or close to the same features.' Part of the reason for this is because we want our new modders to learn to do other games instead of having multiple versions of the same game. I think most of the members like it here because of the HUGE variety we have. It wouldn't be the same if we only had 5 games with 5 different versions of them. Just my little 2 cents worth. =)

MFiGHTeR

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thank you for taking into account the vote of us ...
You can consider creating a theme for each game and there are published the different MOD and have different options, each of them makes different or similar MOD and it would be good to continue doing so.

Greet...:winkdroid::stareyedroid::winkdroid::stareyedroid:

domipi

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
The new rule doesn't state that only one modder can mod a game, it says 'someone else can't mod the game if it has the same, or close to the same features.' Part of the reason for this is because we want our new modders to learn to do other games instead of having multiple versions of the same game. I think most of the members like it here because of the HUGE variety we have. It wouldn't be the same if we only had 5 games with 5 different versions of them. Just my little 2 cents worth. =)
Thank you for the clarification on this rule. I appreciate it. As long as it doesn't seem like a game series ends up being "monopolized" by a group of people or modders, I guess that makes sense. I was mostly concerned with the idea of an individual or a set few of individuals having a "control" over a mod of a game. If a new modder is able to update fast with a relatively good mod of CoG or HG, I just don't see why that person wouldn't be allowed to post the mod (provided that the mod is checked and validated by the officials first).

I'm saying this since this pole kind of makes it seem as if no one else other than whoever is the most voted can post a mod for CoG or HG. I am sure it's probably not the intention of Axiom when this thread was created, but I hope the staff can understand why this may create that kind of idea.

As I've mentioned earlier, as long as this pole doesn't end in a "monopoly" over who gets to mod this awesome game series, I'm pretty happy. I love all the mods by the modders mentioned in the first post here. So I'd like to see fairness spread well in this forum 😊

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@domipi I understand your concern as well. The rule about only one modder being able to mod the game has been set in place since the forum began. It was set that way for ethical reasons. We don't want to step on our modders toes, so it does seem like it's "monopolized" to a degree, but that's not the case. If the original modder is no longer able or willing to update their games (as @Axiom stated about his {Delight Games}) then someone else can do it. So the poll set in place isn't really a popularity vote and honestly it speaks volumes about how this community operates. We are built for the members. It's better to have a poll and let you decide who you want to mod the games then to force it upon you and say 'THIS PERSON is going to take over and if you don't like it, well too bad!' LOL

Axiom

G̴̠͂l̶̙̋ȉ̷̲t̷̰͂c̶̮͊ȟ̶̪ê̵͙d̷̰̿ ̴͉̈Ơ̵̟u̵̮̕t̵̼̊
From the Hell
SB Mod Squad ⭐
VIP
Member for 8 years
I definitely didnt start this poll as a popularity contest. I did sonthe community could decide who they wanted to mod the games they come here to play.
Myself and the others who mod Choice of Games/Hosted love modding these games.
Im not on Discord and anywhere else that often, so it would be difficult for me to get together with other modders about this.

We also all live in different time zones and have busy schedules that would make ot difficult as well.
I will always do my best to communicate with other modders and if in the end I'm the one continuing this mod series, if I can't get time to mod one of if another modder really wants to mod a new game because they really like it, all they have to do is messahe me and I have no problem sharing.

But I do think its better to have one person doing certain types of mods.
We'll see what happens and I will stay in touch with the other modders on this subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.