💬 Review Willy's Wonderland (Contains Minor Spoilers)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,488 happy users since 2014.
Register

caprithebunny

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Willy's Wonderland (Contains Minor Spoilers)

Willy's Wonderland is an action comedy horror movie that is heavily inspired by the franchise Five Nights at Freddy's. It features Nicholas Cage playing a silent protagonist that has been tasked with cleaning up a run-down children's restaurant in return for his car to be fixed after a small traffic incident left it in disrepair. However, nothing is as it seems...

Review:
Willy’s Wonderland is an experience. And by that I mean after watching it once, you will likely never do so again, and I say this with the best and worst connotations. (This contains minor spoilers.)

If you enjoy over-the-top action movies, a small splattering of creepy vibes, and the Nicholas Cage, you’ll probably get a good kick out of this movie. Otherwise… I’d warn you to avoid it, unless you’re a Five Nights at Freddy’s enthusiast who needs a good laugh.

Willy’s Wonderland has all the makings to a right and proper Freddy’s inspired game-turned-movie: a silent protagonist, an abandoned children’s restaurant, a crew of horribly designed animatronics, and to add a bit of flavor, a corrupt police force. Now, what it lacks is a scary atmosphere, proper scares, or really, anything to put it in the category of “horror” outside of the insidious designs of the animatronic characters. It does, however, fit the comedy category, but I’m not sure if the parts that’re funny are meant to be. Let me explain.

Nicholas Cage’s character is known for being silent, giving mile-long stares, taking his breaks during cleaning incredibly seriously, and manages to murder the animatronics hunting him in increasingly ridiculous ways. I mean, the man curbstomped a robo-gorilla on an urinal, and that’s the least ridiculous death featured! The badass fight scenes were so outrageous that I laughed so hard I cried most of the time.

I also will warn this movie DOES have nudity and sexual content. Yes, you read that right; in a FNAF wannabe movie, teenagers are still being put under the “teenagers will be teenagers” hypersexual horror trope. Also, there are some rather brutal deaths, so also be wary of that as well.

Overall, the movie fits under “parody” better than the other categories it’s listed under, but hey, at least it gets a happy ending, right?

Would you recommend this to other users? Like I stated in my review, I'd only recommend this to a few selective audiences: people interested in watching a Five Nights at Freddy's parody, people who are a fan of Nicholas Cage in over-the-top action, or people looking for a not-actually-scary horror movie. I also have to warn it does have graphic deaths and sexual content between teenagers, so if those are triggering for you, I'd highly recommend avoiding this title.

Otherwise, I'd say it's only really good for one watch and then you'll want a real good mind scrubbing afterwards. That's not to say it doesn't have its moments, all horrible movies do, but enjoy with caution.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐