Golden Spade
Device
Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Country
Indonesia
I'm pretty sure it's around the second page 😅

OMAKE: Role-playing-Role-playing: Board Game

"I laid an ambush on that route."

Casryth looked up from the board, eyes widen in abject panic.

Eris coughed. "Can we see the card?" she asked Levi.

"Card? Why would I need a card?"

Casryth sagged in relief, moving her soldier ahead and defending her village from attack. "We've told you, Lev, you can't just decide to do something without a card that lets you do it. And why would you want to stop me saving one of my villages? You don't benefit if you kill everyone."

"No, but I could rob you. And why do I need a card? That makes no sense. I am the Queen of Frozen Hell-"

"Actually, you're playing as Rome."

"-and I can do as I please," she went on, ignoring her brother. "If I decide to ambush a route, it will be ambushed or those who defy my orders will swing from the gallows."

"Not how it works," Casryth reiterated smugly. "And it's a game, not real life. It has rules."

"Here." Eris put her cards down and shuffled over to Zehn, less eager to help than she was to subtly have a chance to cuddle up with him. Zehn himself was already making gagging noises as he looked at his shrinking empire.

Tutorial game or not, Casryth was playing for keeps.

"Oh look," Levi said. "I actually do have an ambush card here."

Casryth slammed her cards down. "WHAT!?"

"Hmmm, oh, i see. You play this and you can ambush them if they pass within two hexes of a force you own. Which they are." explain Eris as she read the card description..

"NO!

"Yes," Levi cackled, laying the card down flat. "Now, give me your loot!"

"NO!" Casryth stared at the little village. "No, no, no. Why?"

"You don't actually get loot," Eris patiently explained.

"Then what is the point of me ambushing her?"

"Honestly, just messing with her game plan and making her life miserable."

Levi stroked her chin. "Hmm. That is a surprisingly good reward. It feels… pleasing."

"Why…?" Casryth wept.

"Because you attacked my brother," Levi said imperiously.

"YOU DID AS WELL!"

"Yes, but he is my brother and it is expected. Only I can pick on him. Ah, it says here I get to steal a card from your hand as reward."

"Random," Eris warned before Levi could snatch them all. "And one."

"I can read, sister." Levi plucked a card from Casryth's hand and stared down at it, eyes lighting up. "Oh my. Oh my, my, my."

Casryth's eye twitched.

"I play the ambush card I just took. I steal another card."

Levi plucked another.

Casryth's eye twitched again.

"I play `Misinformation Campaign` to take one card and force Cas to discard one more at random." Levi smugly snatched a third while Casryth looked over her remaining in agony, ultimately giving up a powerful card.

"Is that your go?" Eris asked.

"Not quite. I finish by playing `Crowd Anarchy` forcing Cas to discard two cards."

Casryth slammed her final two cards down on the discard pile, crossed her arms and pouted. Her whole hand was gone. "There," she snapped. "You've ruined my hand, ambushed my army, doomed my village and left my empire to the mercy of the bandits. Satisfied!?"

Levi looked down at the board and then up at her. "Yes."

"Why are we teaching the two this game again?" she asked Eris. "It's stupid."

"You're the one who kept going on about playing it. Speaking of, I think it's my turn. Hm. I could come and help you out, Cas."

"Really? Would you…?"

"I require your aid as well," Levi said, locking eyes with her future sister-in-law. "Choose wisely."

The vampire swallowed and looked between her and Levi. Casryth gave Eris her best pleading look, appealing to her humanity, their friendship, the state of her board, her empire, and the fact that Levi absolutely did not need her help. Levi appealed to her too. Simply by existing as her boyfriend's sister.

"....Sorry Cas," she finally said. "But this is Levi's first game. I think it only makes sense I help her."

It was treason then.

"Sure. It's totally because of that. No other reason at all."

Eris tried to hide her blush.

"I can help you, Cas," Zehn chirped.

"Zehn, you can't even help yourself. You live by virtue of the fact Levi gets more from plundering you than she does conquering you."

"This is true," Levi admitted, leaving Zehn to slump at the table, his girlfriend comforting him. "It's your turn, Cas."

Glaring, she looked down at the board. "I have no cards, so spend my turn drawing to four."

"Your village gets destroyed," Eris said sympathetically, removing it. "That causes negativity that spawns famine, triggering an outbreak and spreading it here, here and here." Three more villages came under threat. They bordered Levi's lands.

"Levi..." Casryth said. "Will you let me help my villages?"

Her nemesis shrugged. "Sure."

"You won't ambush me?"

"Apparently, I can't without a card. I still say the rules of this game make no sense."

"Good." Casryth moved her pieces. "I move to save Suffolk."

Levi laid down a card. "I play ambush."

Casryth flipped the table.

CordeliaCross

🌜Freelance 💜 Writer 🌛
Staff member
👋 Community Team
Testing Team
eBook Releaser
Active User
Member for 1 year
SB Cash
Spyglass (permanent)
Avatar Frame 03 - Hearts [30 Days]
Musicizer! (permanent)
Golden Key (permanent)
Country Flags (Permanent)
Golden Spade
Device
Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy note 4, and Samsung Tab A
Country
United States of America
~*~*~OOC~*~*~

After being away for a bit, I love that I come back and you kept this alive @Hans Bloodsmith XD.

Hans Bloodsmith

SB Cartel Lv. Max
Member for 1 year
SB Cash
Spyglass (permanent)
Golden Key (permanent)
Musicizer! (permanent)
Country Flags (Permanent)
Golden Spade
Device
Xiaomi Redmi 6A
Country
Indonesia
⁽⁽◝( •௰• )◜⁾⁾₍₍◞( •௰• )◟₎₎⁽⁽◝( •௰• )◜⁾⁾₍₍◞( •௰• )◟₎₎⁽⁽◝( •௰• )◜⁾⁾₍₍◞( •௰• )◟₎₎

@CordeliaCross Yep, can't let all 2.000 post thread get covered in dust now 😁

Now, here's the latest one, not sure if it's grammatically correct, since i still have lots to learn.
~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~

"....Are we there yet?"

"Oh, for the love of- No, Zehn, for the twentieth time, we still haven't reach the Capital yet! Now shush." Snapped the half annoyed Cain to the Demon, who only sulk further in response.

After their departure from the bandit camp, the group decides to split into two, with Lizbeth, Marcus and most of the guard bring and distribute their goods to the few small villages around the forest, while Liam and the rest of them head to the Capital of the Kingdom, although, there are some argument between Casryth and Liam, with the young King ask- nay, Order? It's looks more like a begging honestly, his wife to not come with them, while Casryth, being an equally loyal and stubborn person she is demand to go with them to the Capital. Honestly, the whole debate was rather sweet in his opinion, shows how both of them truly love each other, even if they convey it through a shouting match...ah, to be young and in love.

In the end though, Liam finally cave in and allow her to join them, with promise that if anything bad or dangerous happens, she will not charge head first into it, regardless the circumstances. Casryth, though annoyed at first, was quick to understand, as they both aware that she's currently carrying another soul in her body. Well, it was a happy end all things considered, last night he checked they seems to forgive each other already, if the weird... Moan and groan from their tent -that he honestly hope could erase from his mind- were anything to go by.

And now here they are, riding on horse on a dirt path that seems to stretch endlessly, with him bored out of his mind. Seriously he need a distraction, anyth- well no, not anything, but a good one will be appreciated really, nagging on Cain had gotten old real fast after the first few minutes, he can't even look Liam and Casryth's eyes after last night, and his phone for some reason can't be activated -Cain said something about it need a recharge- so no contacting his preciously adorable girlfriend and daughter. Gah!

Shaking his head in frustration, Zehn grumble a bit before continuing the same thing that he's been doing for the last two hours, counting down how many hair on the mane of his ride under his breath.

"One thousand three hundred and ninety three.... One thousand three hundred and ninety four......"

"C-can you please, stop doing that...." Oh right, he had their prisoner strapped on his back, almost forgot about her. In his defense, she's been really quiet after their departure. Though thinking about it now, being strapped to a literal Demon that mutilated your fingers while counting cheerily is not exactly a good conversation ground....

"So.... nice weather we having today?" He asks with a bit of an awkward smile on his face, idle chat, definitely not his best skill in life .

The bandit leader look uncomfortable for a moment before quickly nodded with a wince, yeah, he's clearly traumatise her, not proud of it but well, he didn't really regretted it either.

"So, Veronica right? Got any stories or something to tell? Anything really, i take it. I'm really bored out of my mind here." Ask the Demon with shrug, better having her less tense with him now, break the ice as that youngsters once said.

Veronica looks hesitant for a moment, as if afraid that he will stuck her for not answering, before slowly muttered.

"W-well, i may have one...err...W-what do you call a s-sexually repressed bandit?" She gave him a strained smile, as if already think that he's not amused by her attempt at humor.

Putting a thinking pose for a moment, Zehn finally give up and just look at her with a small grin.

"I don't know."

The bandit look conflicted for a moment before muttering under her breath.

"......Rubbin' Hood."

Change Language
EnglishFrenchGermanItalianPortugueseRussianSpanish
Please note this is still an English speaking community, so please keep writing in English only, thank you!
You can also help us improve the translations by clicking here.