Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Word Game : Telling A Story

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Okay!" Cynthia smiled hugging Levi tighter.
"Are you two ready for our next stop?" Eris giggled.

-*-*-*-

The tracking party was on their way to the neighboring village when they came to a pass. Mountains lined the pathway making it hard to keep an eye around them. Just then a group of bandits appeared. Surrounding them in front and back.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"You know...." Zehn began in almost bored manner. "I don't know how and why they really think that attacking a group of fully armored soldiers is a good idea." He finished as Caine only offer him a shrug.
"Overconfidence? Desperation?... Stupidity?" The Knight offered as he sheath out his sword.
"Fair enough. Moreso the latter i think." The Demon watch as Liam bark out an order to the team as they'll readied their weapon. While the presumably bandit leader, confident that they're have a number advantage started to demand their surrender, their goods and their female soldiers, which only look at them with a mix of disgust and hatred.... Yeah, fat chance at that.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Just then Casryth, Lizbeth, and the rest of the second group came around the corner to meet Zehn, Liam, Caine, Marcus, and the soldiers. They has been able to travel alot faster without the cart of goods and arrived just in time.

"You still confident in your choice to demand that surrender?" Casryth quipped getting the leader's attention as she shot an arrow just past his head as a warning. He growled in anger and his men silently goaded him. If he backed down now, he'd look weak. He lunged forward at Zehn just as Lizbeth flipped forward off her horse landing on a bandit's back. She quickly snapped his neck as Casryth unsheathed her sword, jumped to the ground and slashed at another. "Sorry I'm late honey," she laughed as she moved within earshot of Liam.

"Tell me something new," Liam laughed sarcastically.

"Hey I was only late that time because Rlektra had the flu," she laughed in response as she ducked and dodged another attack.

"Nice to see you in one piece," Marcus laughed to his wife as she slashed at another bandit and punched another.

"You didn't doubt me did you?" Lizbeth laughed sarcastically.

"Not for a moment," he replied disarming another bandit and punching him hard enough to knock him out. "I assume Ellie is with Levi?"

"Of course. Ellie and Cynthia have her wrapped around their little fingers. She was wearing pink. I'm thinking about trying to get her a job at the nursery. She likes small humans and creatures better than the adult ones," Lizbeth laughed.

"Am I the only one that finds it hilarious that this is when the family chooses to catch up?" Cain grinned as he turned to help Zehn with the leader.

Spot jumped out and took out a few bandits smiling proudly at the thought that he could help.

"You're all as boring as you are nauseating," the leader grunted tiredly as Zehn and Cain fought his advances. The other bandits and soldiers murmered their own conversations.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Hardy har har, we have the funny guy here." Zehn only chuckle as he catch one of the bandit blade, not in any way bothered as the sharp steel digging into his palm. Before his tail come and smack the bandit across the face, knocking him unconscious. Liam has specifically said to keep the casulities as few as possible, a waste of effort in his opinion for these low life but who was him to judge?
He only sighed tirely as the bandit leader roar at him while swinging his crude metal sword, the rusty blade made contact with his claws before shattering into pieces.
He then grab the leader by his throat and lifted him up, making his staring right into his blood red eyes as he give him the fake most friendly smile he ever made. The blood that clung into his face and claws hardly help the image.
"Heya there fella, So, between you and me, here is the deal. You see that guy? Yeah, the bearded one with blue eyes? He's a really good guy. I mean really really good one. So here's his part of the deal. You, and your rag-tag group? Stop this embarrassing charades you called attack, save yourself and other you see? He's really against wasting human soul." A sharp tipped tail coiling like a snake, gently draw a little cut on his cheek, as the bandit stare at the Demon face.
"D-d-devil! Monster!" Zehn only nodded sagely.
"Yeah, yeah, but really? At this point? Don't you think that is your only choice now? Making deal with one?" Well technically he never had a choice to begin with, but details.
The leader nodded almost frantically, as Zehn dropped him off. Scrunching up his nose as he can smell amonia coming from the guy pants, really? Seriously?
"Oy Liam! I got the leader, sort of! He's kinda pissing himself....mind if i borrow some changes? I think he got my jacket!"
The remaining bandit's are already either captured, killed or scattered, running back to the forest, probably back to their camp. They seriously need to clean the bandit tribe after this.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"That was over quick," Liz laughed.
"Behave, you will get to use your blades again soon," Casryth scolded playfully.
"I feel like Levi would have loved this," Liz smiled.
"It's nice that you all have gotten so close," Marcus said kissing Liz on top of her head.
"She's family too now," Liz smiled.
"You," Liam said to the bandit leader. "Do you know who we are?"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
The middle age scared eyes look at Liam's appearance then at the armed guard around them before lit up with a terrified conclusion.
"N-nobles..." Ehh, close enough. Between the armed guard, their clothes and weapon and their general good looking facial features... most of them.....they can really pass for one.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Not just any Nobles," said Casryth in an intimidating voice stepping forward. "We were the king and queen before the curse, and we have done all in our power to protect our people beyond it. You are quite skilled. It is a shame you chose to use your abilities as a mean to commit misdeeds. We were the last king and queen to fight alongside our people instead of sending them off to battle on their own... Are you working alone, or are you a merely a pawn in another man's game?"

She had a feeling that the bandit had worked for someone else. Their gear was too nice to be supplied through petty theft.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
The bandit leader face turn into a grimace as he then keep his mouth shut silent.
Behind him, Zehn 'innocently' step into one of his palm with his hard bottom boot, applying enough pressure until a resounding 'Crack!' could be heard along with a mix between a pained grunt and scream from the bandit.
"T-the Tribe Leader! S-s-she was the one that supplying us!" He managed to gaps some word between pants. A She? And there is a higher hierarchy above this group? A bandit tribe pershap?
"So... Where is 'She'?" The bandit leader to his credit manage to gather enough courage (or maybe stupidity) to glare at him and Casryth... they're having none of it. With a nod from her, his booth give another stomp, breaking another two of his fingers along with his stubbornness. The bandit now only letting a crook of pained scream as a bit of tears already streaming his face.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Casryth stepped forward and held up her hand, signaling Zehn to hold back for a moment. "We are not without mercy. Tell us where she is. We will keep you locked up and part of our caravan until she has been dealt with so that we can be sure that you will not warn her. Then you will be free to go your own way. Afterall, you are simply a contractor doing the job she hired you for, are you not?"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
The bandit leader nodded desperately, tear still streaming on his face from the pain.
"O-one the forest, a c-c-camp on feet of the mountain, she's there..."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Then we shall ride," Casryth commanded. Two of the guards stepped forward and grabbed the bandit. They gently pulled him to his feet and bound his hands. They hoisted him onto one of the horses and they prepared to leave.
"Good Work Zehn," she smiled as she hopped back onto her horse.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eris, Ellie, and Levi sat back on the picnic blanket as they watched Cynthia play with her new friends. "How are you liking life in town?" Eris smiled at Levi. Ellie laid out on her belly on the blanket, happy and playing with a little rattle.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
''Thanks, if you need anyone to break someone's fingers, just call me up." the Demon said half jokingly as he hoisted the reins of his ride.
"So... Did we still follow our main objective?" He asked to the pair of young ruler, with a location of the bandit tribe and knowing Casryth's personality (for the most part) he figured they want to at least scout the place up.

=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=®=

Nibbling on the sandwich made by Eris, the Demoness raise an eyebrow at her, swallowing her food she then give her future sister in law a small smile.
"It was pretty good life here i guess, a calm, peaceful place. There also brother, you, Cynthia, Ellie, Caine and the others, i can say i am pretty happy here." She looks as Cynthia playing hide and seek with the other girls, snorting in amusement as one of the small girl that act as the finder struggling and stuttering to keep count to a hundred.
"I do want to start moving in my own house soon though, i mean I'm glad that Casryth and Liam letting me stay in their hous- sorry, mansion, but aside from the fact i don't want to burden them further but it's also get a bit awkward pretty fast..." She looks at Eris with a fake haunted eyes. "You don't want to know how many sleepless nights i got because their 'activities'." I mean she's understand that they haven't met each other in few years, she definitely gonna do the same, but really? Must they be THAT loud?

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"It got a bit derailed, but I think that this leader may know something about the shifter clan. At the very least, we can see what is going on. The important thing about leading people is that even if your main mission suffers a bit on time, always make sure everyone is happy and safe. If this takes a few days or weeks, we will make it happen," Casryth smiled.
"Even if it means leaving the person you love most trapped and suspended in time to protect your people," Liz said with a sad smile.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"There's a home that just opened up down the street from my house, it is only a few houses from Liz, Marcus, and Ellie too. Maybe we can see about getting it for you," Eris smiled.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Zehn only frowning a bit before nodded. Yeah, he can understand that, doesn't mean he likes it though, he already miss his lover and little princess at home. Hmm, he wonder if the bandit tribe got a souvenir shop open there?....nah.

=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=©=

"Sounds great, thanks sister." The Demoness give her a smile and quick hug.
"Mum! Auntie!" Come an excited call from Cynthia, as the little Elf run toward their picnic blanket, her face coated in a small sheet of sweat and dust, though a large happy smile still present on her face.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Yes baby?" Eris smiled opening her arms to pull Cynthia into the group hug with her and Eris. Ellie laughed and clapped in excitement.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What's that look for?" Casryth asked Zehn. "Is everything alright?"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Zehn only shake his head.
"Nah... Just thinking about a gift i want to buy for Cynthia. I feel bad leaving her so early. Especially considering what's happen to her before, i already promised her beforehand too. But i don't know anything about what a little girl may like..." He knew that Cynthia love the color yellow and also apparently, blueberries. But that doesn't really give him much clue.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"I know just the place to stop," Casryth smiled. Just then, Zehn's phone beeped. He pulled it out of his pocket and there was a picture that was sent from Cynthia. It was a picture of her, Eris, Levi, and Ellie on the picnic blanket. "Love you Papa, come home safe!" said the message that came with it.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Zehn went silent for a few moments before closing his mouth with one of his hand. As if to hold back a squeal.
"See?! Did you see that?! Aren't that the sweetest thing ever, oh Father above my daughter is so adorable..." He muttered a bit hysterically as the Demon show the picture to Casryth.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"They are adorable," Casryth smiled.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
A sound of chuckles around them manage to snap him out, as Zehn look at the amused expression of Liam, Caine, Liz and few other guards, one of the female soldier let out a coo at him. Heck, even a few captured bandits glance at him with a snort, though they quickly looked away as he gave them his best glare.
Coughing into his hand to compose himself, the Demon then looks at Casryth and Liam with a sheepish look.
"So... Any advice on this... Matter?"