Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Word Game : Telling A Story

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Send them back that you saw the message and that you love them and you will see them soon," Casryth smiled.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Right right... first thing first..." He mutter to himself before started to typing back, albeit very slowly and awkwardly.
"Y...O where's that U aha... T....." After fifteen minutes of excruciatingly slow process, he finally managed to send back a short massage back to them.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Casryth smiled as they started to make their way to the leader, following the instructions of the bandit leader.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Meanwhile...
Eris gently stroke her daughter blonde hair, as Cynthia now sleeping soundly on her lap, they just finished their supper and now just enjoy the warm breeze on the park.
Not too far from them was Levi and Eliana, the former currently feeding little Eliana with a bottle of milk they had prepared while gently rocking the baby.
A small vibration come from her pocket along with the favorite ringtone of her phone. Taking it out -while also silencing it, least the kids waking up- she read the new message she received before letting out a small giggle. Her boyfriend's (and wow, she's still a bit excited everytime she call him that) message was really....formal and stiff, almost like an actual 'thank you' letter from the last century in fact, he even put a small sincerely signature at the end. Though she's still touched, it was really endearing, in a strange way.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Eris locked the message on her phone, keeping it, making sure it wouldn't accidentally get deleted. "How is the hunt?" she sent back.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Reading the reply Zehn quickly type back, though now following her example by making it shorter and less....formal.
"We still on the road. Though, there will be slight detour, we got ambushed by some bandit on the road and now on the way to their main base after interrogating one of them."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Eris smiled as her phone lit up. She opened it and read Zehn's reply. "Oh my goodness, are you all alright? Is anyone hurt?" she sent back.
"They were ambushed by bandits," Eris whispered out loud to Levi, making sure Cynthia was far enough away so she wouldn't hear.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Reading the message, Zehn can help the grin that come to his face, is this what it feels to have someone worried about you at home? Darn, now he just want this mission to over quickly.
"Thanks for your concern, my love. Fortunately, we all manage to come out unscathed, especially since Casryth along with Liz and Marcus come to help us with few soldier, we managed to capture few of the bandit and currently on our way to their camp, cleaning the rest and all of that. As for casualty... The only one i can think of was that jacket you gave me. I got pissed off by some bandit, quite literaly infact. Sorry."
Sending the message up with a pleasant smile, Zehn heard a small chuckles behind him.
"Enjoying texting with Lady Eris huh? Sir Zehn?" Caine tease the demon, though without any malice in his word.
"You can say that Sir Knight. We don't have this kind of...thing back in the day. I say, any scholars back then would give their hand, their leg and first born just to have a chance to study this thing." A few soldiers let out chuckles and laughter at the dark jokes, thinking that the Demon exaggerating a bit.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Eris sighed a little as she, Levi, Ellie, and Cynthia rested at the edge of the little lake in their village.
"Something wrong?" Levi asked as Cynthia got up and ran to the big swing overlooking the water.
"Not at all... It just feels weird to be home when there is a hunt," Eris smiled.
"Ah, I know the feeling, my red haired friend," Levi smiled. "Though it was a hard choice to make, you made the right one. Your little one needs you now."
"I know, I don't regret staying," Eris smiled. "It just reminds me of back when I used to be with my siblings all the time."

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Levi only hum non-committally in silent before answering.
"Then why you didn't meet them again? My little brother already told me about.... Your past, there is nothing to hold you back now. And you know if anyone try to harm you and them again Zehn will go ballistic, so do i." Offer Levi to her future-sister-in-law. She knows how it feels to lost your family, although some of her brother is an a-hole, she still had some bond with them, as twisted as it was. Not to mention, her husband, her stubborn, foolish, good for nothing, dear husband.... Father, she miss them.

_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

".... I spy with my little eyes, something green." Zehn began again.
".....Is it tree?" Caine answer with an equally stoic voice.
"Yeah...what the score?"
"25-24 in my favor....."
Both of the grown men only sigh before Zehn saw something in front of them.
"Land ahooy!" He shout half-heartedly when a big camp, filled with several tent and surrounded by a wall of woods and barbed wire come to their finally come to their visions.

Joannesp

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
You will get anything you want said the wizard

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"They have their own lives now, they are happy. I can't take that from them. They don't need their big sister to take care of them forever. In their lives, far from me, they are safe. Anything more would be selfish on my part," Eris spoke sadly.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"You are a demon, well, part-demon. It was expected to you to be selfish. Beside, I don't think a big sister wishing to be together with her family again can be considered as 'selfish'." The demoness finished with a shrug, eyes still watching her niece as the little Elf playing with the swinging tire along with Minx. The latter looking at the big lake in front of them with anxious eyes.

"So... How do you want to proceed, Mr. King?" the only Demon of the group asked to their leader. The group currently resting a few hundred meters from the bandit camp, with giant trees and bushes covering them from the watcher.
"Do we go all diplomatic and talk first or.... Straight to the action? Oh oh maybe stealthily?"

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"They don't remember me, as far as they know, I never existed. I wouldn't want to force my way into their lives and break apart everything they have now," Eris spoke sadly.

~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~

"I think we should break up into two groups, one diplomatic and the other stealth to back us up in case we are ambushed," Liam said thoughtfully.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Levi only letting out an exasperated sigh before lay her back on the grass, both of her hands used as a makeshift pillow. Seriously, why everyone from this ages are so stubborn, they really took the word selflessness on a whole different meaning. Oh, she's annoyed by it, really, like any 'normal' demon supposed to be. But in the end, she will probably just let Zehn and her... Girlfriend?(is that really what they're called nowadays) to fix that problem themselves, with few advice here and there of course. Not from the lack of care from herpart, but for the fact that she knew from her experience, 'Hardship strengthen Love' or something like that... Beside, knowing his little brother, he will probably try his damn hardest to fill his expectations of how's romance works to the T, meeting and asking blessings from his bride-to-be family include....

~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~

Caine and other soldiers nodded to their King, as Liam then started to divide the group.
Marcus, Liz and most of the army were placed on the thick forest surrounding the camp, ready should things go south, while Liam, Casryth, Caine, Zehn and a small number of guards are gonna be the one to try to negotiate with the leader of the bandits, as to not alarm or confused the camp if they're under an attack should they all come inside as one large group.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"How are you doing, Levi? I know things must be really hard for you right now. If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you," Eris spoke reassuringly.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Liz and Marcus remained careful and in position as they watched over their friends. Nothing would go wrong on their watch.

"Greetings!" Liam called out to the woman perched at the fire. "I believe you may be who we are looking for."

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
The Demoness only shrug. "I appreciate the concern, but I'm fine...well, finer, i guess. I mean why not? I currently living my life, have a loving brother, a sister, friends and of course an adorable little niece, I'm happy. Certainly happier than being in constant war or cursed as a hideous sea monster." Letting out a tired sigh, Levi shift her body a bit, seeking a comfortable position." But, yeah, this...well, all of these, kinda happen so fast, too fast maybe...it's kinda overwhelm me.'' Laying down beneath the shade of the tree, the ice demoness letting out a jaw cracking yawn before closing her eyes.... Yeah, she's happy now.

~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

As soon the words leaves the King's mouth, weapons of all kind were aimed to the group, arrows tucked, blades drawn and spears ready to be chucked. Until the women lift her hand. A mocking smile on her face.
"Hold your balls boys, we have a... Honored Guests here." Yeah, he already hate this woman.

Feistus

¯\ _(ツ)_/¯
Member for 5 years
Lmao true

open up a fantasy rp yall
i kinda wanna join

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Oh boy this is a loooong one. Enjoy, whoever reading this.

The woman looks to be in her twenties, with a short cropped brown hair and blue eyes, her skin were tan, likely from the working in the sun and she wear a dirty and ragged looking vest along with red jeans and fingerless gloves. There's a jagged looking scar across her neck, covered by a belt-like choker, Zehn realize that someone must be tried to slit her throat and failed before. Poor bastard.

*The Bandit Leader : Veronica Trias

"So....What kind of trouble lead the lost King himself into our dirty old camp?" The question seems harmless, although there's a hidden barb in them, as her hand were idly stroking the crossbow strapped on her hips, around them the other bandits also looks equally on guard. Although there also a few murmurs among them regarding the truth of that statement.

Aside from the Guards, the other 'guest' didn't looks alarmed in the slightest, with their expression ranging from calm, emotionless to even fascinated at the few 'modern' weapon the bandit were using.

Liam was the first to talk.
"How did you know I'm the King?" They actually looks more like a merchant by their goods, not to mention, only few of the Guards were seen alongside them.

The bandit woman only wave her hand.
"Words travelled fast your majesty. At first i thought it was only the rumor from the capital but now you just confirm it." Her body relax a bit, although she still looks at them with the same smug and mocking expression.

"Now, you want some diplomacy, aye? Why didn't you come with me to my tent for our discussion?" The woman pointed to the largest tent in the middle of camp. At this Casryth's eyes narrowed while Zehn and Caine stiffened. Seeing this the bandit woman lose her smile a bit, although she just wave it off again.

"Of course you can bring your 'friends' with you. Your guard must stay outside, just so us fair, right?"

Liam put his hand on his wife's shoulder with a reassuring smile.
"That would be appreciated. Thank you."

As the four of them come inside the bandit leaders tent, they each offered a seat made of chopped log around a wooden table.
"Please makes yourself comfortable." She said with a small grin on her face, one teeth missing from her lower jaw, likely from a fight.
"We really appreciate your hospitality Ms.....?"
"Veronica, although people usually calls me Ver. So, can i ask again why in the nine hell you noble guys step your foots here?" Veronica ask again before lighting a cigarette from her pocket. She looks at the males in the group as ifs saying 'want some?' which they respectfully decline.

"Of course, you see we were currently in a trip to the town of Ansel for trading our goods, before suddenly Your bandit ambushed us, we figured we may as well figured out on why there's even a bandit camp in this forest.'' Explain Liam to her.

"I see...." Taking a long hale of her cigar, Veronica looks at them with a dangerous eyes........ Before suddenly she flip the table in front of them, shattering the ash tray and glass on top of it as the woman leap into Liam, a knife on her right hand, only a few centimeters from slitting his throat.... If not for a steel toe boots smacking her jaw from below, courtesy of a pissed looking Casryth as Zehn quickly go behind Veronica to pin her down while Caine readied his sword should she move again. The commotion has caused few bandit and guards ready to enter the tent before surprisingly Veronica shouted.
"NO! It's okay! Just a small diplomatic misunderstanding, just watched those damn guards of them you moron." The Bandit leader half shouted with a bit of strained voice as the shuffle around her tent slowly dissapear.

"So... I've been a bit quiet in all of this, but seriously what the hell was that, woman?!" The only Demon in their group ask while tightening the grasp around Veronica's throat. Though a hand landed on his shoulder.
"Enough, I'm sure there's an explanation on this." Liam, still ever calm reassure him, Casryth thought still looks like she may rip Veronica's throat herself.
"Explanation?! Mr. King, this female dog just whip a knife and almost Assassinate you! The duck?!" The new Sin of Wrath glared at Veronica, although in the end he still relented and release, thought not before strip her from her weapons and tie her into a the wooden chair with a rope he conjured, Caine sword behind ready to strike should she try anything funny.

"Now, I'll ask you. Explain. And if not then I'm afraid i can't stop what's my wife and friend would do to you." Veronica glared defiantly at the King before letting out a resigned sigh, she then looks at Zehn.
"Look on the inside of my drawer." The Demon still glared at her as he quickly going through the wooden drawer. Before taking out a...rather dirty looking anvelope. Open it up he started to read it out loud.

"CLASSIFIED

For the eyes of Veronica Trias only.

Should you open this, you risk death.

Hello, and thank you for taking the opportunity to review our contract. You are to kill, and and will be compensated for killing.

You are being sent to the Emerald Forest, in Northwest Ansel. Your targets are the King Liam Damian Bartholomew Cross, the king of the Lost Kingdom of Alleria, and his Queen, Casryth Cordelia Cross. The former have been doing some confirmed MIA for the last three year and been thought to be death before suddenly returned a month ago and have cause trouble for our clients. Similarly, Casryth has locked our clients out of a large number of 'business opportunities' and control for the last three years.

All two are often surrounded by their Knights, led by the Paladin Caine, as well as bodyguards, with the most recent addition apparently being two unknown demon of high level and one by the name of Eris, who was a close friend of Casryth. The exception to this rule is when they visit their mansion on the town. Casryth will be staying in town alongside the female Demon and Eris, as well as their bodyguard, while King will be on a journey to Ansel to discuss business proposals and opening a trade.

Your job, of course, is to end these deals by ending your targets. You should be able to use the forest and local bandits in order to swiftly travel from target location to target location, as well as lay low if you get into trouble with local law.

Objective :
Kill King Liam and Queen Casryth
Escape
Optional: Gain hinsigh on the Demons.

The two are extremely well-respected, and influential members of the royal family. Killing them will create a possible power vacuum within the Kingdom, especially within the Demi-human faction. Many businesses will also flounder, creating a stalling point in The Kingdoms market and trade.

However, our clients are willing to take over The new Position of ruler's which will renew jobs and the local economy.... Hopefully.

As per usual, you will be payed well for your performance, as well as your discretion. For each hit, you will be payed 500.000 gold pieces. However, Should you tell anyone of your actions, or betray us or our contractors -- be it by abandoning the contract, telling anyone of the contract, or some other act against us -- you will be hunted down, as you risked by opening this contract.

Signed. The Assassin Guild."

As soon as he finished, Zehn feels a burning sensation from his body, as if something trying to shred his internal organs before his mana resistance kicked in and vanish the feels.

"Curses Contract Runes? I didn't know they still used this...." The demon muttered while internally wincing a bit. That usually would kill a normal human within second after it activated, thankfully his resistance and healing factor as a demon still win this one.

At this point Casryth was beyond livid, and he supposed being pregnant had something more to do with her current mood but now she actually seems ready to decapitate Veronica's head. Caine was no better though, as the knight were practically shivering from rage. And Zehn can understand why, as he himself practically almost seeing red, if not for on thing.

"You know... If i were you I'll started to talk my mouth out. You, my friend were trying to assassinate two of the most important people in the Kingdom, and fail. So to sum it up all.... You are fucked."
Zehn knows that this woman were no Assassin, and if she's really one she's either really stupid or just an amateur one. Claws and horns popping up, Zehn put his most intimidating looks, not too hard especially if you have the mug of a literal spawn from hell.

"Now...i gave you five seconds to answer every one question of mine, you refuse to answer or timing is up you lost one of your fingers, got it?" She's not answering, though she looks at Zehn admittedly horrifying face with an utter fear and terror. The demon internally count.....and then his claws descent.....

*SQUELCH!*

"AR-Mmmmphhhh!!!!"

The pinky finger of Veronica land on the dirt without a sound, as fresh blood spurts from the severed appendage. While the owner of said finger let out a muffled scream, courtesy of Zehn holding her mouth shut with his left hand.

"I'm not kidding, woman. I ask you a question, you answer it before five seconds, if no I'll cut another it again, all Nineteen of them. Do you understand?" Veronica nodded furiously, tears streaming her cheeks.

"Good, good... Now let us stay easy first. Are you part of this... assassin guild?" A shake of her head.

"So you are not an assassin?" Nod.

"Just really really a bandit then?" Again another nod.

"Hmmm, so why did they even hire you? Did you just stumble into this message by chance? Or did they hired all the cutthroats around?"
"The...the latter, on the underworld brooker...." She murmured softly.

"Okay, okay then. Let's ask the main question... who's these clients of yours?" He let go of her mouth, though claws still readied. Veronica gone quiet for a total of four seconds before shaking her head.

"You don't know who they are? Interesting...." Zehn then put his left hand back...

*SQUELCH!*

"MMMPPPHHHHHHH!" This time her ring finger falling off, as the bandit thrashed on her chair, her whole body trembling and sobbing, bloods coloring the chair bellow them red.

"Really? Lying to a demon when his hands on you? Not a really good decision, my friend. Now, I'll ask you again, and really if you think of doing anything funny, that's your whole hand gone. Now.... Who. Is. Your. Clients?"
Letting go of his hand Zehn waiting as the woman sobbed and cried, before finally answering with a tiny voice.

"The... Council of.... Alleria...on....the Capital.... They're after the throne. Please, stop. I'm begging you..." She said between a broken voice as the bandit sobbed quietly.

Caine and Casryth now looking absolutely murderous.
"I should have know it, that group of old fossils still here." Liam, who's been quiet the whole time muttered while rubbing his temple.
"How... Dare them, this kind of... treason..and to stop so low...." Caine was shaking, his grip to his sword almost makes Zehn worries that the steel would snap.

"So, wanna explain this to the foreigner here?" The Demon ask while his hand reaching inside the mouth on his stomach.

Taking a large calming breath Caine started to explain.
"The Council were basically the one that help the ruler makes the decision here, well they supposed to be. Three years ago after milord dissapearance, the Kingdom were in uproar, especially because the vacuum of power, many noble saw this as the way to ascend to the throne.... Lady Casryth were having none of it though, so in the end all their decision were made by hers and the council, and can only be approved by her....well these last few months, right after your adventures, i guess they see the return of the king as a threat and decide to take such a bold action to take the throne, most of the council members were those of nobility afterall. And i guess their power started to get into their tiny brain." Caine finished while practically grinding his teeth together.

"I see....while, not the first thing i heard that kind of thing." The Demon muttered as his hand retrieve a something, a small half bitten apple that seems shines like a gold, though a frown appear on his face.

"I swear... There supposed to be five of this here, where's the other one?...." How strange and worrying, did his old age finally showing? Nonetheless, he take the apple on to Veronica's mouth. Who still sobbed quietly.
"Hey, woman. You want your fingers back? Then eat this, tiny bite only." There's no answer, only a quiet whimper.

Zehn looks at her impassively before started to count. "1...2...3...."
"Yes! P-please...." Well guess he traumatized her. Taking a really small nibble on the apple Veronica body started shaking....before her head fall to the side as her eyes closed, a small snores come from her mouth. Though miraculously, the bloodied stump of her pinky and ring fingers started to grow rapidly and form a new function limbs, while the jagged scar across her throat also started to properly regenerate. So worth the effort stealing this from Ladon...

"So, Mr. King. If what we hear were true then that's mean you have a potential Coup going on as well a group of cutthroats after your head. What's the plan?" The s**t eating grin on the Demon face couldn't be more wide as Liam calmly looking at the three of them. A small resigned smile on his face.

"I guess we can take a little detour to the Capital, can we....?"

Last edited: