Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Word Game : Telling A Story

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'm pretty sure it's around the second page 😅

OMAKE: Role-playing-Role-playing: Board Game

"I laid an ambush on that route."

Casryth looked up from the board, eyes widen in abject panic.

Eris coughed. "Can we see the card?" she asked Levi.

"Card? Why would I need a card?"

Casryth sagged in relief, moving her soldier ahead and defending her village from attack. "We've told you, Lev, you can't just decide to do something without a card that lets you do it. And why would you want to stop me saving one of my villages? You don't benefit if you kill everyone."

"No, but I could rob you. And why do I need a card? That makes no sense. I am the Queen of Frozen Hell-"

"Actually, you're playing as Rome."

"-and I can do as I please," she went on, ignoring her brother. "If I decide to ambush a route, it will be ambushed or those who defy my orders will swing from the gallows."

"Not how it works," Casryth reiterated smugly. "And it's a game, not real life. It has rules."

"Here." Eris put her cards down and shuffled over to Zehn, less eager to help than she was to subtly have a chance to cuddle up with him. Zehn himself was already making gagging noises as he looked at his shrinking empire.

Tutorial game or not, Casryth was playing for keeps.

"Oh look," Levi said. "I actually do have an ambush card here."

Casryth slammed her cards down. "WHAT!?"

"Hmmm, oh, i see. You play this and you can ambush them if they pass within two hexes of a force you own. Which they are." explain Eris as she read the card description..

"NO!

"Yes," Levi cackled, laying the card down flat. "Now, give me your loot!"

"NO!" Casryth stared at the little village. "No, no, no. Why?"

"You don't actually get loot," Eris patiently explained.

"Then what is the point of me ambushing her?"

"Honestly, just messing with her game plan and making her life miserable."

Levi stroked her chin. "Hmm. That is a surprisingly good reward. It feels… pleasing."

"Why…?" Casryth wept.

"Because you attacked my brother," Levi said imperiously.

"YOU DID AS WELL!"

"Yes, but he is my brother and it is expected. Only I can pick on him. Ah, it says here I get to steal a card from your hand as reward."

"Random," Eris warned before Levi could snatch them all. "And one."

"I can read, sister." Levi plucked a card from Casryth's hand and stared down at it, eyes lighting up. "Oh my. Oh my, my, my."

Casryth's eye twitched.

"I play the ambush card I just took. I steal another card."

Levi plucked another.

Casryth's eye twitched again.

"I play `Misinformation Campaign` to take one card and force Cas to discard one more at random." Levi smugly snatched a third while Casryth looked over her remaining in agony, ultimately giving up a powerful card.

"Is that your go?" Eris asked.

"Not quite. I finish by playing `Crowd Anarchy` forcing Cas to discard two cards."

Casryth slammed her final two cards down on the discard pile, crossed her arms and pouted. Her whole hand was gone. "There," she snapped. "You've ruined my hand, ambushed my army, doomed my village and left my empire to the mercy of the bandits. Satisfied!?"

Levi looked down at the board and then up at her. "Yes."

"Why are we teaching the two this game again?" she asked Eris. "It's stupid."

"You're the one who kept going on about playing it. Speaking of, I think it's my turn. Hm. I could come and help you out, Cas."

"Really? Would you…?"

"I require your aid as well," Levi said, locking eyes with her future sister-in-law. "Choose wisely."

The vampire swallowed and looked between her and Levi. Casryth gave Eris her best pleading look, appealing to her humanity, their friendship, the state of her board, her empire, and the fact that Levi absolutely did not need her help. Levi appealed to her too. Simply by existing as her boyfriend's sister.

"....Sorry Cas," she finally said. "But this is Levi's first game. I think it only makes sense I help her."

It was treason then.

"Sure. It's totally because of that. No other reason at all."

Eris tried to hide her blush.

"I can help you, Cas," Zehn chirped.

"Zehn, you can't even help yourself. You live by virtue of the fact Levi gets more from plundering you than she does conquering you."

"This is true," Levi admitted, leaving Zehn to slump at the table, his girlfriend comforting him. "It's your turn, Cas."

Glaring, she looked down at the board. "I have no cards, so spend my turn drawing to four."

"Your village gets destroyed," Eris said sympathetically, removing it. "That causes negativity that spawns famine, triggering an outbreak and spreading it here, here and here." Three more villages came under threat. They bordered Levi's lands.

"Levi..." Casryth said. "Will you let me help my villages?"

Her nemesis shrugged. "Sure."

"You won't ambush me?"

"Apparently, I can't without a card. I still say the rules of this game make no sense."

"Good." Casryth moved her pieces. "I move to save Suffolk."

Levi laid down a card. "I play ambush."

Casryth flipped the table.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
⁽⁽◝( •௰• )◜⁾⁾₍₍◞( •௰• )◟₎₎⁽⁽◝( •௰• )◜⁾⁾₍₍◞( •௰• )◟₎₎⁽⁽◝( •௰• )◜⁾⁾₍₍◞( •௰• )◟₎₎

@CordeliaCross Yep, can't let all 2.000 post thread get covered in dust now 😁

Now, here's the latest one, not sure if it's grammatically correct, since i still have lots to learn.
~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~®~

"....Are we there yet?"

"Oh, for the love of- No, Zehn, for the twentieth time, we still haven't reach the Capital yet! Now shush." Snapped the half annoyed Cain to the Demon, who only sulk further in response.

After their departure from the bandit camp, the group decides to split into two, with Lizbeth, Marcus and most of the guard bring and distribute their goods to the few small villages around the forest, while Liam and the rest of them head to the Capital of the Kingdom, although, there are some argument between Casryth and Liam, with the young King ask- nay, Order? It's looks more like a begging honestly, his wife to not come with them, while Casryth, being an equally loyal and stubborn person she is demand to go with them to the Capital. Honestly, the whole debate was rather sweet in his opinion, shows how both of them truly love each other, even if they convey it through a shouting match...ah, to be young and in love.

In the end though, Liam finally cave in and allow her to join them, with promise that if anything bad or dangerous happens, she will not charge head first into it, regardless the circumstances. Casryth, though annoyed at first, was quick to understand, as they both aware that she's currently carrying another soul in her body. Well, it was a happy end all things considered, last night he checked they seems to forgive each other already, if the weird... Moan and groan from their tent -that he honestly hope could erase from his mind- were anything to go by.

And now here they are, riding on horse on a dirt path that seems to stretch endlessly, with him bored out of his mind. Seriously he need a distraction, anyth- well no, not anything, but a good one will be appreciated really, nagging on Cain had gotten old real fast after the first few minutes, he can't even look Liam and Casryth's eyes after last night, and his phone for some reason can't be activated -Cain said something about it need a recharge- so no contacting his preciously adorable girlfriend and daughter. Gah!

Shaking his head in frustration, Zehn grumble a bit before continuing the same thing that he's been doing for the last two hours, counting down how many hair on the mane of his ride under his breath.

"One thousand three hundred and ninety three.... One thousand three hundred and ninety four......"

"C-can you please, stop doing that...." Oh right, he had their prisoner strapped on his back, almost forgot about her. In his defense, she's been really quiet after their departure. Though thinking about it now, being strapped to a literal Demon that mutilated your fingers while counting cheerily is not exactly a good conversation ground....

"So.... nice weather we having today?" He asks with a bit of an awkward smile on his face, idle chat, definitely not his best skill in life .

The bandit leader look uncomfortable for a moment before quickly nodded with a wince, yeah, he's clearly traumatise her, not proud of it but well, he didn't really regretted it either.

"So, Veronica right? Got any stories or something to tell? Anything really, i take it. I'm really bored out of my mind here." Ask the Demon with shrug, better having her less tense with him now, break the ice as that youngsters once said.

Veronica looks hesitant for a moment, as if afraid that he will stuck her for not answering, before slowly muttered.

"W-well, i may have one...err...W-what do you call a s-sexually repressed bandit?" She gave him a strained smile, as if already think that he's not amused by her attempt at humor.

Putting a thinking pose for a moment, Zehn finally give up and just look at her with a small grin.

"I don't know."

The bandit look conflicted for a moment before muttering under her breath.

"......Rubbin' Hood."

Feistus

¯\ _(ツ)_/¯
Member for 5 years
The fact that it's still alive and started like a lot of pages ago. Like. Mad respect, mate.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
As they approached the capital, the party grew quiet. They didn't want to be seen as a threat, but they didn't want to be attacked either.

Cain stepped forward to walk alongside Zehn, falling into step beside him. As the rain began to fall he took the opportunity to strike up conversation with the demon. "May I ask you something, Zehn?"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
The now wet Demon give him a sideway glance before shrug.
"Sure, ask away Mr. Knight!" he replied cheerily through the rain, anything for a distraction from the boredom really.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Does your sister like... flowers?" Cain asked awkwardly. "I-im not trying to romance her or do anything vulgar, but I want to do something nice for her, and I'm not sure what she uh... likes."

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Hmm...." The demon eyes look at the knight up and down, as if judging him silently before the owner give out a shrug.

"....Good question, does Levi likes flower?" He mutter more to himself while digging through his memory. He's pretty sure there's flower in her wedding, though not sure if that kind of flower even bloom outside of hell. And the closest one to it in shape and form would be...

"Lily... White lily specifically. She mentioned that she likes the fragrance, especially if it's a bit frosted." Personaly he find them quite painful for his nose, but hey each to their own he guess.

Although it does give him some idea for his own, hmm, would it be too cliche if he give a red rose to Eris?

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"Thank you," Cain said pensively. Lillies, he could work with that... "I'm hoping to bring a smile on her face, but it seems those are reserved for Ellie."

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Yeah, my sister was a very...ah, reserved person." Zehn replied with a hint of a smile. "Not as bad as she used to be, thanks for the small mercy, but she still rather reluctant to show affection to others." He finished. Leviathan did not earned the title 'Ice Queen' by being frosty, honestly, it was a miracle that Behemoth even managed to get her to be more open to them. For the time being at least. Damn you Michael.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"She seems to have a very big heart, I am sad that she had to go through so much in her lifetime. Noone should suffer in these ways," Cain mumbled thoughtfully.

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Yeah, she does..." The demon then shrug. "But, if i were to guess, we all think this as our punishment, in a way." Zehn let out a tired sigh, his eyes looking down at the muddy road bellow them. "We, Cain, are Devil. The worst kind of them, we are the mockery of our Father creation, a disgraced Angel, plague of humanity, i can say all the fancy tittle but you know what i mean." He absently rub his shoulder, wincing at the memories that rushed up to his mind. "All of us, well, most of us, were just misguided. Lucifer is.... Different, he is, for the lack of better word, too perfect. And we follow him, our biggest mistakes i guess."
"My sister... Well, i guess the Fate didn't really want her happy, she was really cold back then you know? Ice Queen and all? Until that giant of a devil melt her, literally and figuratively."
He let out a hollow chuckle. "But well, things still get worst...she... The children she bear didn't survive the first few minutes in this world... and then her husband."
"I just wish she have those happiness again, Caine. You don't know how happy she looks with Cynthia, she just, lonely, guess that part of the reason why she become the personafication Envy."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"I just don't see that side of her though," Cain paused. "I see someone who is hurting, yes, but she seems as though she doesnt want anything anymore, it's like she's convinced herself she deserves this hurt so she tries not to want happiness for herself. Tell me, when this final battle is done, is there a chance of saving her husband? Or is killing him to stop him the only option?"

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Well, you're not wrong on the first part...'' He himself feel unworthy for such thing, after all the atrocities they had caused, all the suffering and pain for hundreds years, is it really fair?
"And i don't know... Trust me, Caine, I've seen many things, undead included, but never like this.'' He remember his fight with the resurrected Satan, how, real it's feel yet so wrong at the same time, like the very Earth itself scream in the Wrath incarnate's present.
"Honestly, the closest thing i can compare this is when Lucifer make contact with Chaos, yet this one ..... More vile, twisted, Wrong."

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
"If there's a way to break the curse and save him, I want to help. I want to do it for her," Caine murmured.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Back in town, Levi and Eris were getting little Cynthia ready for bed. Ellie was fast asleep in her bassinet downstairs. It has been decided that Levi would return to the manor to tend to Dobby once Cynthia was fast asleep.

Cynthia quickly changed into her nightgown after her bath, giggling and playing with her aunt all the while. Eris watched them from the door way with a grin in her face.

"Mama, can Auntie Levi stay the night?" Cynthia asked.

"I have to return to Auntie Cas's home to look after our friend Dobby, little one," Levi smiled as she answered before Eris could.

"Maybe Auntie Levi can stay another night, if she would like," Eris smiled walking into the room and lifting Cynthia up into her bed. She quickly tucked her into her bed.

"I'd love to, little one. I just have to see when I am free for the night. When I move into my new home I have to have you and your Mama and Papa over for lunch too," Levi beamed kissing Cynthia's forehead.

"Can you tell me a story before you leave Auntie Levi?" Cynthia asked warming her heart.

"I'll go check on Ellie. You enjoy your story, and sweet dreams sweetie," Eris smiled and kissed Cynthia on the forehead as she left the room.

Just as she started down the stairs she could hear Levi's voice. "Once upon a time..."

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
"Once upon a time in midwinter, when the snowflakes were falling like feathers from heaven, a queen sat sewing at her window, which had a frame of black ebony wood. As she sewed she looked up at the snow and pricked her finger with her needle. Three drops of blood fell into the snow. The red on the white looked so beautiful that she thought to herself, "If only I had a child as white as snow, as red as blood, and as black as the wood in this frame."
Soon afterward she had a little daughter who was as white as snow, as red as blood, and as black as ebony wood, and therefore they called her Little Snow-White. And as soon as the child was born, the queen died.
A year later the king took himself another wife. She was a beautiful woman, but she was proud and arrogant, and she could not stand it if anyone might surpass her in beauty. She had a magic mirror. Every morning she stood before it, looked at herself, and said:
Mirror, mirror, on the wall,
Who in this land is fairest of all?
To this the mirror answered:
You, my queen, are fairest of all.
Then she was satisfied, for she knew that the mirror spoke the truth.
Snow-White grew up and became ever more beautiful. When she was seven years old she was as beautiful as the light of day, even more beautiful than the queen herself.
One day when the queen asked her mirror:
It answered:
You, my queen, are fair; it is true.
But Snow-White is a thousand times fairer than you.
The queen took fright and turned yellow and green with envy. From that hour on whenever she looked at Snow-White her heart turned over inside her body, so great was her hatred for the girl. The envy and pride grew ever greater, like a weed in her heart, until she had no peace day and night.
Then she summoned a huntsman and said to him, "Take Snow-White out into the woods. I never want to see her again. Kill her, and as proof that she is dead bring her lungs and her liver back to me."
The huntsman obeyed and took Snow-White into the woods. He took out his hunting knife and was about to stab it into her innocent heart when she began to cry, saying, "Oh, dear huntsman, let me live. I will run into the wild woods and never come back."
Because she was so beautiful the huntsman took pity on her, and he said, "Run away, you poor child."
He thought, "The wild animals will soon devour you anyway," but still it was as if a stone had fallen from his heart, for he would not have to kill her.
Just then a young boar came running by. He killed it, cut out its lungs and liver, and took them back to the queen as proof of Snow-White's death. The cook had to boil them with salt, and the wicked woman ate them, supposing that she had eaten Snow-White's lungs and liver.
The poor child was now all alone in the great forest, and she was so afraid that she just looked at all the leaves on the trees and did not know what to do. Then she began to run. She ran over sharp stones and through thorns, and wild animals jumped at her, but they did her no harm. She ran as far as her feet could carry her, and just as evening was about to fall she saw a little house and went inside in order to rest.
Inside the house everything was small, but so neat and clean that no one could say otherwise. There was a little table with a white tablecloth and seven little plates, and each plate had a spoon, and there were seven knives and forks and seven mugs as well. Against the wall there were seven little beds, all standing in a row and covered with snow-white sheets.
Because she was so hungry and thirsty Snow-White ate a few vegetables and a little bread from each little plate, and from each mug she drank a drop of wine. Afterward, because she was so tired, she lay down on a bed, but none of them felt right -- one was too long, the other too short -- until finally the seventh one was just right. She remained lying in it, entrusted herself to God, and fell asleep.
After dark the masters of the house returned home. They were the seven dwarfs who picked and dug for ore in the mountains. They lit their seven candles, and as soon as it was light in their house they saw that someone had been there, for not everything was in the same order as they had left it.
The first one said, "Who has been sitting in my chair?"
The second one, "Who has been eating from my plate?"
The third one, "Who has been eating my bread?"
The fourth one, "Who has been eating my vegetables?"
The fifth one, "Who has been sticking with my fork?"
The sixth one, "Who has been cutting with my knife?"
The seventh one, "Who has been drinking from my mug?"
Then the first one saw a that there was a little imprint in his bed, and said, "Who stepped on my bed?"
The others came running up and shouted, "Someone has been lying in mine as well."
But the seventh one, looking at his bed, found Snow-White lying there asleep. The seven dwarfs all came running up, and they cried out with amazement. They fetched their seven candles and shone the light on Snow-White. "Oh good heaven! Oh good heaven!" they cried. "This child is so beautiful!"
They were so happy, that they did not wake her up, but let her continue to sleep there in the bed. The seventh dwarf had to sleep with his companions, one hour with each one, and then the night was done.
The next morning Snow-White woke up, and when she saw the seven dwarfs she was frightened. But they were friendly and asked, "What is your name?"
"My name is Snow-White," she answered.
"How did you find your way to our house?" the dwarfs asked further.
Then she told them that her stepmother had tried to kill her, that the huntsman had spared her life, and that she had run the entire day, finally coming to their house.
The dwarfs said, "If you will keep house for us, and cook, make beds, wash, sew, and knit, and keep everything clean and orderly, then you can stay with us, and you shall have everything that you want."
"Yes," said Snow-White, "with all my heart."
So she kept house for them. Every morning they went into the mountains looking for ore and gold, and in the evening when they came back home their meal had to be ready. During the day the girl was alone.
The good dwarfs warned her, saying, "Be careful about your stepmother. She will soon know that you are here. Do not let anyone in."
Now the queen, believing that she had eaten Snow-White's lungs and liver, could only think that she was again the first and the most beautiful woman of all. She stepped before her mirror and said:
It answered:
But Snow-White, beyond the mountains
With the seven dwarfs,
Is still a thousand times fairer than you.
This startled the queen, for she knew that the mirror did not lie, and she realized that the huntsman had deceived her, and that Snow-White was still alive. Then she thought, and thought again, how she could kill Snow-White, for as long as long as she was not the most beautiful woman in the entire land her envy would give her no rest.
At last she thought of something. Coloring her face, she disguised herself as an old peddler woman, so that no one would recognize her. In this disguise she went to the house of the seven dwarfs. Knocking on the door she called out, "Beautiful wares for sale, for sale!"
Snow-White peered out the window and said, "Good day, dear woman, what do you have for sale?"
"Good wares, beautiful wares," she answered. "Bodice laces in all colors." And she took out one that was braided from colorful silk. "Would you like this one?"
"I can let that honest woman in," thought Snow-White, then unbolted the door and bought the pretty bodice lace.
"Child," said the old woman, "how you look! Come, let me lace you up properly."
The unsuspecting Snow-White stood before her and let her do up the new lace, but the old woman pulled so quickly and so hard that Snow-White could not breathe.
"You used to be the most beautiful one," said the old woman, and hurried away.
Not long afterward, in the evening time, the seven dwarfs came home. How terrified they were when they saw their dear Snow-White lying on the ground, not moving at all, as though she were dead. They lifted her up, and, seeing that she was too tightly laced, they cut the lace in two. Then she began to breathe a little, and little by little she came back to life.
When the dwarfs heard what had happened they said, "The old peddler woman was no one else but the godless queen. Take care and let no one in when we are not with you."
When the wicked woman returned home she went to her mirror and asked:
The mirror answered once again:
With the seven dwarfs,
When she heard that, all her blood ran to her heart because she knew that Snow-White had come back to life.
"This time," she said, "I shall think of something that will destroy you."
Then with the art of witchcraft, which she understood, she made a poisoned comb. Then she disguised herself, taking the form of a different old woman. Thus she went across the seven mountains to the seven dwarfs, knocked on the door, and called out, "Good wares for sale, for sale!"
Snow-White looked out and said, "Go on your way. I am not allowed to let anyone in."
"You surely may take a look," said the old woman, pulling out the poisoned comb and holding it up. The child liked it so much that she let herself be deceived, and she opened the door.
After they had agreed on the purchase, the old woman said, "Now let me comb your hair properly."
She had barely stuck the comb into Snow-White's hair when the poison took effect, and the girl fell down unconscious.
"You specimen of beauty," said the wicked woman, "now you are finished." And she walked away.
Fortunately it was almost evening, and the seven dwarfs came home. When they saw Snow-White lying on the ground as if she were dead, they immediately suspected her stepmother. They examined her and found the poisoned comb. They had scarcely pulled it out when Snow-White came to herself again and told them what had happened. Once again they warned her to be on guard and not to open the door for anyone.
Back at home the queen stepped before her mirror and said:
The mirror answered:
With the seven dwarfs,
When the queen heard the mirror saying this, she shook and trembled with anger, "Snow-White shall die," she shouted, "if it costs me my life!"
Then she went into her most secret room -- no one else was allowed inside -- and she made a poisoned, poisoned apple. From the outside it was beautiful, white with red cheeks, and anyone who saw it would want it. But anyone who might eat a little piece of it would died. Then, coloring her face, she disguised herself as a peasant woman, and thus went across the seven mountains to the seven dwarfs. She knocked on the door.
Snow-White stuck her head out the window and said, "I am not allowed to let anyone in. The dwarfs have forbidden me to do so."
"That is all right with me," answered the peasant woman. "I'll easily get rid of my apples. Here, I'll give you one of them."
"No," said Snow-White, "I cannot accept anything."
"Are you afraid of poison?" asked the old woman. "Look, I'll cut the apple in two. You eat the red half, and I shall eat the white half."
Now the apple had been so artfully made that only the red half was poisoned. Snow-White longed for the beautiful apple, and when she saw that the peasant woman was eating part of it she could no longer resist, and she stuck her hand out and took the poisoned half. She barely had a bite in her mouth when she fell to the ground dead.
The queen looked at her with a gruesome stare, laughed loudly, and said, "White as snow, red as blood, black as ebony wood! This time the dwarfs cannot awaken you."
Back at home she asked her mirror:
It finally answered:
You, my queen, are fairest of all.
Then her envious heart was at rest, as well as an envious heart can be at rest.
When the dwarfs came home that evening they found Snow-White lying on the ground. She was not breathing at all. She was dead. They lifted her up and looked for something poisonous. They undid her laces. They combed her hair. They washed her with water and wine. But nothing helped. The dear child was dead, and she remained dead. They laid her on a bier, and all seven sat next to her and mourned for her and cried for three days. They were going to bury her, but she still looked as fresh as a living person, and still had her beautiful red cheeks.
They said, "We cannot bury her in the black earth," and they had a transparent glass coffin made, so she could be seen from all sides. They laid her inside, and with golden letters wrote on it her name, and that she was a princess. Then they put the coffin outside on a mountain, and one of them always stayed with it and watched over her. The animals too came and mourned for Snow-white, first an owl, then a raven, and finally a dove.
Snow-White lay there in the coffin a long, long time, and she did not decay, but looked like she was asleep, for she was still as white as snow and as red as blood, and as black-haired as ebony wood.
Now it came to pass that a prince entered these woods and happened onto the dwarfs' house, where he sought shelter for the night. He saw the coffin on the mountain with beautiful Snow-White in it, and he read what was written on it with golden letters.
Then he said to the dwarfs, "Let me have the coffin. I will give you anything you want for it."
But the dwarfs answered, "We will not sell it for all the gold in the world."
Then he said, "Then give it to me, for I cannot live without being able to see Snow-White. I will honor her and respect her as my most cherished one."
As he thus spoke, the good dwarfs felt pity for him and gave him the coffin. The prince had his servants carry it away on their shoulders. But then it happened that one of them stumbled on some brush, and this dislodged from Snow-White's throat the piece of poisoned apple that she had bitten off. Not long afterward she opened her eyes, lifted the lid from her coffin, sat up, and was alive again.
"Good heavens, where am I?" she cried out.
The prince said joyfully, "You are with me." He told her what had happened, and then said, "I love you more than anything else in the world. Come with me to my father's castle. You shall become my wife." Snow-White loved him, and she went with him. Their wedding was planned with great splendor and majesty.
Snow-White's godless stepmother was also invited to the feast. After putting on her beautiful clothes she stepped before her mirror and said:
The mirror answered:
But the young queen is a thousand times fairer than you.
The wicked woman uttered a curse, and she became so frightened, so frightened, that she did not know what to do. At first she did not want to go to the wedding, but she found no peace. She had to go and see the young queen. When she arrived she recognized Snow-White, and terrorized, she could only stand there without moving.
Then they put a pair of iron shoes into burning coals. They were brought forth with tongs and placed before her. She was forced to step into the red-hot shoes and dance until she fell down dead. The end."

Levi finished with a small smile on her face, only to blink owlishly as she found her little niece alread snoring lightly, a hint of droll on her little mouth.
"Well, that was easy." She stand up, stretching her back until a satisfying Pop sound came from her spine, before plant a small peck on Cynthia's pale cheek.
"Sweet dream my little snowflake. You'll have an amazing day tomorrow, auntie promise."

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
As Levi exited the room, Eris couldn't help the giant smile on her face. "Was that your favorite story?" She asked Levi.