💬 Review Xanth series by Piers Anthony

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,639 happy users since 2014.
Register

BOOGADYBOO

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
If you like fantasy Xanth is a must, The name itself is a pun on the authors name S from Piers added to Anthony get it. Anyway these books which I own 42 of are almost indescribable but I’ll try. Xanth a place where everyone has a magic talent and no 2 people have the same talent. Centaurs, and dragons are sometimes major characters. Xanth has tangle trees that will attack if to close, shoe trees to get foot wear of course, soda pop trees and pie trees and so on, imagine walking through the woods and just grabbing what you need to eat from a near by tree lol Xanth is a very magical place and if you ever were to accidentally leave Xanth you would be in drear mundania which just happens to be where we all live sadly. The books of full of puns which people actually over whelm the author with but they aren’t over done well not to much lol In these books you will meet goblins, harpies, centaurs, the gap dragon magician Humphrey and ogres and nightmares and many other rich characters. I promise you won’t get bored with these books and will look forward to the next. Someone is usually on a quest in these books to find something or do something and where do all good quests start? Well at magician Humphrey’s of course the problem is can you gain entrance to his castle lol I won’t spoil it for you with to much detail but I highly recommend these books. I was not a sci fi fantasy reader at all until my fiancé at the time now my X husband bought me the 1st book in this series A spell for Chameleon over 30 years ago and I’ve been hooked ever since. These books are really fun to read and have great story lines. These are the books you can read many times I’ve read entire series 5 times it never gets old. Hope you guys try it out oh and read them in order so you don’t miss anything. Happy Reading Guys and Gals. I tried to do some pics but they were all to big sorry.

General Google

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
The Xanth series by Piers Anthony is indeed awesome! Sadly I have had little free time the last couple of years to do much reading. However I now have a lot of time on my hands so I'm going to pick them up and start reading again. There are probably several new ones since I last picked up one of his books so there will likely be some catching up to do.
Post automatically merged:

Hey thought I'd lend you a hand with some images.

Attachments

Last edited:

BOOGADYBOO

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yep, your probably behind he puts out a new book every year. Glad to see someone else here who knows his work

Serpenscript

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
How did I NOT know the name "Xanth" was a contraction taken from his first and last name??? I've been reading this series off and on since Jr High!

Convincing my very conservative parents to let me borrow any of the Xanth books from the library was always a challenge when I was in 7th and 8th grade, considering some of the book titles - "The Color of Her Panties" I remember causing a lot of difficulty! Luckily, the 'Adult Conspiracy' protected my innocent mind.....as far as they knew, at least ;)

I adored the punny humor as a teen and YA, and wondered sometimes how they handled the puns in the audiobooks....I was never brave enough to find out. Someday I need to go back and read the series in order, the library never had more than a handful of them (it was a really tiny library), but most of them, as I remember, really can be read stand-alone. A great series to share and pass along!