💬 Review Xiaomi redmi 4A 2016 model by Batistaanimal

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,544 happy users since 2014.
Register

Would you buy this phone today?

• Total voters

Batistaanimal

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Reviewed Device: Xiaomi redmi 4A 2016 model

images (1).jpeg

Description
The redmi 4A is a basic entry level low-range device targeted at the low-budget community.
It's packs a Snapdragon 435 processor. Supports single band 4G. Packs a 13MP primary rear camera and a 5MP secondary front camera. It has physical buttons for volume and lock function. It comes with a headphone jack. It reached its end of line in 2017 and since is being discontinued.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
What I like about this device is its value for money. In Indian currency this phone was selling for around ₹6000 which translates to roughly $90-100. Considering the price and the features that it offered it was quite the deal. Hardware wise and software wise. On the software front, it came android 6 Marshmallow running on MIUI 8(Xiaomi custom android skin). This was one of the starting phone which supported 4G network when it launched in India. Performance wise the phone supports most of the games. Even heavy games such as PuBG mobile and COD: mobile are supported upto normal settings. It has a nice feel to hold and handle. It's comfortable.

Things I don't like
What I don't like is it's camera. The camera isn't bad but it could've been much better considering the hardware specs. Also the battery capacity. The battery worked well in the starting but now it just a complete mess. The battery usage is ridiculous on this thing.
And also the MIUI ROM and bloatware.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
If it was 2015-2019 I would've definitely recommended this phone cause it was a steal and a value for money in that particular period. But considering the advances in technology and smartphone industry, the device is just unable to keep up with standards of today. It just barely keeps up with today's devices.