Audiobook Section Rules - Updated 8/22/20

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,624 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Audiobook Section Rules - Updated 8/22/20

1552516561817.png

1. Please search any and all Audio Books before posting to ensure that they have not already been shared. All duplicate threads will be deleted.

2. Please put the name of the title, the author's name, the language, and the format in the title so that it is easier for members to find your audiobook. If the audiobook has multiple authors and their names do not fit in the title, you have three options
-> Write the name of the first author listed
-> Write "Anthology"
-> Write "Multiple Authors"

3. Please make sure your upload is in the proper format.
-> If you are releasing a shorter audiobook or podcast below 100 MB, please upload it as one of the following formats:
.aa
.m4a
.aac
.wma
.mp3

->If your audiobook is more than 100 MB or has multiple files you may compress it as a .rar file or .zip file.

4. All audiobooks must be uploaded on Sbupload or Usersdownload. But if the files are more than 600MB please do not upload it to SBUpload or Usersdownload as our file-hosting sites are meant to prioritize smaller files and give optimum download speeds. Please upload your them to one of the approved , safe and ad-free alternatives listed below :
1. Google Drive
2. Mega

3. Mediafire
(If you have any suggestions for any other safe and ad-free hosting , feel free to contact us)

5. Audiobooks that are considered open source and available to all users of the internet like Public Domain audiobooks, lit2go books or anything on project Gutenberg are not allowed to be posted on our site for SB Points as they are readily available for free for interested listeners.

6. Please complete the form fully. This includes an image for the audiobook, even if it's just a picture of the physical version of the book.

7. Try writing out your description for your audiobook on your own. If you find that you are having a hard time describing the plot, you may copy and paste the description from another source as long as you remove all external links.

8. Each complete book must be posted in a single thread. If your audiobook file is too large to have as a single file, you may split it into multiple downloads files or archives, but they must all be included in the same release thread.

9. Once you release your audiobook it will be reviewed by one of our moderators. Then, if it is approved you will see it in the audiobook section for downloads. If you do not see it right away after posting, please do not share it again. It is just invisible until the thread has been approved. After you successfully release 20 eBooks or audiobooks you may request to be added to the approved releasers group, which will remove the requirement to have your threads individually approved.

10. DO NOT knowingly post any NSFW audiobooks in this section. To be considered "knowingly" the audiobook description must have a description that obviously describes NSFW content.

-> The first time this rule has been broken knowingly, the listing will be removed by a staff member and it will be documented.
-> The second time this rule is broken "knowingly" the audiobook will be deleted and you will be issued a warning point.
-> The third time this rule is "knowingly" broken, you will have your audiobook deleted and your ebook releaser status removed so that a staff member is required to approve each of your releases.

11. Please remember to follow all of our forum rules when posting to this section. In order to release an audiobook, you must Introduce Yourself and update your profile picture.

Rules may change at any time so please remember to check back in from time to time.

If you fail to comply with our rules or break them repeatedly you will receive warning points. Two warning points will result in a one week ban and further warnings may lead to a permanent ban. Any changes to rules will be posted below so that we can ensure that members will not be penalized for breaking a rule before it was added. Any warning points will be removed if they are proven to have happened before the rules changed.

All previous rules will remain available for verification purposes.

Audiobook Rules Prior to 8/22/2020

Last edited by a moderator:

frankiestein

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hello. I recently released an audiobook. I followed your guidelines to compress it and for files larger than 100mb, must use google drive which I did. But I was advised by the moderator who approved my release to use sbupload to share my content. Do I need to reupload and edit my download link? Thanks in advance.