💬 Review Birds of Prey

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,240 happy users since 2014.
Register

Myiguanaluvsme

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Birds of Prey

My opinion of a movie that is as scatter brained yet fun as Harley herself. What to expect as someone watching who doesnt follow the comics.

Review:
I love comic book movies, but I'll admit that I know nothing about the comics. So here is a review based solely on it being entertainment and not comparing to the Harley Quinn story.

TLTR: Tons of action and really well thought out fight scenes. Once you get past the 'poor me' opening, its a very entertaining few hours.

To will try to be as spoiler free as possible. Movie starts with Harley acting out as a result of her breakup with Joker. And her bad choices set her up for quite the crazy events to follow. With knowledge out that she no longer has the protection of the Joker, the city wants revenge on Harley for all her acts impulse and harm.

The beginning is quite scatterbrained (actually, it remains like that for move of the movie) with lots of scene breaks to fill you in on characters and their past. I didn't mind this at all. Made me laugh a few times and added a craziness that resembled Harley herself. They also did this in Suicide Squad, but it felt much more 'at home' in this movie. Characters were hilariously introduced as to why they may hate Harley.

To save herself she makes a deal to find and bring in a thief who has stolen something of value from one of the city's most powerful men. Along her journey to get back her freedom she runs into unlikely allies which results in a ton of action, fighting, and really well choreographed scenes. I found myself finding something awesome or shocking in every scene with a dangerous encounter, which is quite frequent.

There were a few times i couldn't help but wonder where the backup was. How are these events unfolding without a little more notice from the public or others in general. This would be my biggest issue with the movie. Without going into too much detail, there is a scene to capture the thief which really seemed too easy on the 'good guys' side. But if thats my only real complaint, then I can't harp on it too much.

The encounter at the climax of the movie was what really made me leave the theatre impressed. They did a great job bringing the movie together while giving your eyes and imagination a real treat. All while really tying in what we would expect from a Harley Quinn movie.. colour, fun, ridiculous outfits and unconventional weapons.

I enjoyed Birds Of Prey significantly more than other recently released DC movies. It was fun, fast paced, full of laughs and not full of poorly done special effects and characters.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you like to laugh and not take a movie too seriously then its a great night out.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Anshupal999

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Sound like fun. The actress playing harley is awsome. She has came a long way from playing small characters to a main role.
I will watch it.
You wrote a awesome review. Thanks