💬 Review Booksmart (2019) by Blasphemy

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,375 happy users since 2014.
Register

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Booksmart (2019)

Two graduating high school girls who spent their entire high school life studying and mocking their supposedly irresponsible classmates for partying all day and never studying have a change of heart after finding out that said classmates actually got into prestigious colleges or job recruitments. The high school girls, Molly and Amy, decide to go to a graduation party so that they have at least one memory of their high school years.

Review:
Booksmart is HILARIOUS. I'm not even exaggerating. There were many moments in the movie where I was just doubling over laughing. I remember there was one scene in the movie that was just so weird and funny and I loved it. The acting is also superb. The outstanding performance from the lead duo, Beanie Feldstein and Kaitlyn Dever really sold the idea that they were best friends. I also love their relationship. They constantly encouraged and built each other up like how good friends should do. You could see they really cared for each other. Their relationship was just so sweet and wholesome. Their dynamic of Molly pushing Amy out of her comfort zone and Amy supporting Molly was nice, so there's that. However, one thing I didn't really like was *spoiler warning* their fight in the second half. Amy could've just told Molly that Nick(Molly's crush) was in the pool with Ryan (Amy's crush) and probably not into you. I suppose it was understandable though, since Amy and was tired of being dragged along and in the heat of the moment, she said some debatable things that hurt her friend, and in retaliation, Molly said some things that hurt Amy. It's not really something I hate since it's understandable, sso I'll let it slide. Good pacing, exellent writing, great cinematography, great relationships, just overall a great film.

Would you recommend this to other users? Definitely. Especially if you like good, wholesome relationships or you just want a good laugh. If you're still not sold, then do it for the gay. You won't regret it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐