💬 Review Dragon Raja

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,145 happy users since 2014.
Register

MirajaneSchnor

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Dragon Raja

Dragon Raja is a Free-to-Play, open-world MMORPG. The game is built on the Unreal Engine with gorgeous anime-like graphics. And every week, new updates bring new events for continuous enjoyment.

Review:
As a player of Dragon Raja since the NA release on day 1, I am qualified to write this review.
For the past 1.5 years, from February 27, 2020, to October 27, 2020, I have played this game every day without fail. As I reached the one-year mark, it became clear that the game is one of the most predatory MMORPG I have ever played. It is on par with every cheap Chinese mythological MMORPG on the market but hidden behind the Unreal4 engine scenery.
The game started with fairness and minor P2W features. Yes, there were people 100k power ahead, but most were around the same level and power. The paying options were unenticing and lulled a false sense of security for me. I would do a little here and there, just to get a hair or something. However, as time went on, the power gap increased dramatically. There were unlimited ways to increase your power through paying. The monthly tarot packs cost 400USD to unlock everything (with the highlight being a hair and outfit). The gacha appears every two weeks with 2-week breaks allowing unlimited spending. Heck, there are rewards listed for people who pulled over 5000 pulls! 408 is around 200 USD, so five thousand costs a few thousand dollars (disclaimer, I am unsure if 408 costs 200USD or 400USD, it could be either). The permanent gacha machine, which gives a motor with a yellow drac, used to be unlimited. People would spend one thousand USD and still can't get the mount. That is just so ridiculous to me. What justifies over a thousand spent a still no motor? Now they changed it to 800 spins and guaranteed drop, but 800 is still a thousand dollars.
Yes, the classes are fun and unique, but at a certain point, you can't even see your class in action during PVP because P2W players kill you too fast! They released a few modes where power and money don't matter, like NetherRealm and Blitzkrieg. Blitzkrieg is a knockoff Battle Royale mode, and NetherRealm is a mode where you test your skills in a specific class without the bonuses of any gear/drac/motors etc. NetherRealm is the answer to F2P players' wishes, where they are finally on even grounds with the whales. But guess what, NetherRealm is unplayable because it has been permanently closed.
On the app page, it says you can design your dream house. That is true, except your house does not affect your power or any other gameplay, it is just there like a separate/forgotten part of the game! Yes, you can showcase yourself with deep customization, except every good outfit and hair require paying. It is not a truly open-world game, there are many loading screens. You can shape your personality, but it has very minor effects on gameplay. The intense PVP fights are only intense if you match with similar power players.
Overall, it had a lot of potentials to be an excellent game. But it was killed by the greed of the developers. The game is steadily dying, with many whales quitting. I had many good times on this game, but I truly regret the thousands I spent here and the time I wasted. It is regretful the developers ruined their game like this.

Would you recommend this to other users? I do not recommend it at all. As I emphasized in the review, it has become too predatory to be fun. Money rules, and not just a measly couple of thousand. I am talking in the 50-100 thousand. The disparity of power between mega P2W players and the F2W players is too obvious. There is no point playing this game at this point. I will give it two stars for the graphics because it truly is beautiful. However, the enticing aspects end there because it has nothing to offer besides beauty.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐