💬 Review [Game Review] Graveyard Keeper & DLC Stranger Sins

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,870 happy users since 2014.
Register

ChisledPenAndPaper

⚔️:1 ?️:1 ❤️:1
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: [Game Review] Graveyard Keeper & DLC Stranger Sins

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Graveyard Keeper on Steam

A time management simulation that uses the player to uphold the role of a Graveyard Keeper. Expect talking skulls, corpses floating in rivers, ghosts, and the inquisition.

Review:
Below is a rating system out of 5 ⭐. The rating system is as follows. 1⭐ is Terrible, 2⭐ is Poor But Tolerable, 3⭐ is Average or Mediocre, 4⭐ is Good or Enjoyable, while 5⭐ is Amazing. I will be rating Graphics, Sound, Storyline (If it has one), Bugs/Glitches, Challenge, Replay-ability, as well as Stream Entertaining.

-=- Graphics -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : The graphics are enjoyable and colorful. The scenery fits a medieval theme perfectly and so do the residents of the Village you are forced to interact with. Sadly the only place the game fails to deliver on graphics is during the dungeon area which is repetitive yet forced on the player to at least partially participate in.

-=- Sound -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : The sounds of a shovel remind me of Shovel Knight and give a heady rise to nostalgic feelings. However, sound effects aside; the actual soundtrack fits a medieval theme well and actually does remind me of Ultima Online. All in all, you can enjoy everything short of the various chatter from villagers that while unique to each person are also about as enjoyable to listen to as Sims language.

-=- Storyline -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : Up until the end of the base game, you find out a lot about the lore of the area, the backstory of the townsfolk, and resolve a lot of questions except one; which the ending abruptly happens. It is somewhat surprising and disappointing. After you get the DLC Stranger Sins, this question is heavily answered in about 2 hours of game play {Moreso if you do it during the main story and not after}. However, I feel the ending is the only thing holding the game from getting 5 stars, as even the expanded upon ending still felt extremely lackluster.

-=- Bugs/Glitches -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : The largest bugs I have noticed in the game is breaks in the questlines. This happens because you either skip a step (Because you have item or the task done already) or the game doesn't realize you've done the task. This is usually fixed by either ignoring it or going to your bed {Not meditation spot}. Apparently the bed solves many of the issues. The 4 stars is because the issues still exist however despite getting an update quite recently.

-=- Challenge -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ : The game starts you out with limited energy per day, an endless stream of undead to place in your graveyard, and expectations you know what to do. Your first playthrough will be learning the ropes and cleaning up everything while any subsequent ones will have you brushing off the dust of your shovel and going to town. It's definitely a downhill challenge as you learn how and what is necessary, but can still be challenging due to RNG.

-=- Replay-ability -=-
⭐⭐ : I would not play to beat this game again. I maybe would play it to toy around with min-maxing my idle workforce and to brew endless amounts of alcohol; but not to beat the game. Low stars for this reason alone.

-=- Stream Entertaining -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ : People will laugh as you spend half the game digging holes only be awed as you create a unique workforce later in-game. They will watch with rapt attention as you develop methods and technologies while also interacting with the storyline characters who are all quite fleshed out. If your audience hasn't seen it before; then you can probably expect repeat watchers.

-=- Overall Rating -=-
⭐⭐⭐⭐ out of ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ : A definite keeper to play through, just don't expect to be wowed by the final scenes.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐