💬 Review Just Might Work by Katia Rose by darkbook123

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,166 happy users since 2014.
Register

darkbook123

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Just Might Work by Katia Rose

Great LGBTQI+ book, Tropes: fake dating, one bed, roommates to lovers, non binary character

Review:
This was a good read, its the story beetween the two roommates Evangeline and Dane, both woman life under the same roof and are about to lose their place.
For both of them this is not an option at this moment because they are in the beginning of their 20s and Evangeline is currently making her way through her last year of vet school, while Dane attempts to make a living with odd jobs while working on her true passion getting better at photography.

Home owner is Danes aunt, she believes in soulmates and while she was sure these two would be so brought them together, after years and no step closer to her goal she wants to set them free. Of course she wouldnt put it so directly so the official reason is Danes cousine Mark and his supposedly pregnant girlfriend. Of course Dane and Evangeline can smell the ruse and both deside to go all out and fake date to keep their comfortable place. They struggle with this and of course every woman is packed with her own issues. Both couldnt be more different but without even realizing it in the begining they match more and more and have much more in common than they ever would have expected.

One of Danes main struggels is they are a non binary person, this is my first read with a enby (non binary person) and therefore i cant really compare how well her character is written, i could connect way faster with Evangeline than with Dane and couldnt grasp some of their struggels. But the writing of Katia Rose made it worth reading and made me more curious about the topic enby which is actually something i always hope to gain from a book - to learn something new or at least get inspired to read more about something - so job well done here.

We work through their life and differences within this novel, we see them grow and get independed.

I loved the balance between light banter between these 2 and darker life altering topics of the main protagonist. For me it was a bit to much of fake dating, it matched their age and life situation for sure but for my taste this book could have done with a little less. Maybe its because they are so very young and i cant relate to the struggels of regular 20somethings who are out and proud with that age in year 2022 also there was not something as non binary person at my youth so maybe i miss a bit of connection with the character Dane. Im in my mid 30s and when i was 20 about 15 years ago society was not as open as they are now.

The writing of Katia Rose is good as i was used to from her by previous books.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, its a good read, some parts i couldnt connect with right away but i actually enjoyed to do some research next to reading this book and broaden my own horizon . Katia Rose is an excelent writer, in the LGBTQI community there are so little writer who are on a very high level, she is definitly one of the good ones. I have read one of her other books and i definitly have the other existing ones i dont know on my bucket list.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Graiksej

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 1 year
I've been looking for a more basic enby book to read!