Need help rooting my device

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,438 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@CalilSpencer, there is no 100% safe, risk free way to root your phone/tablet. Millions of people have done it successfully and millions others have failed. It's a risk you take and pray it works or not try it. It's scary yes. Some people say it's worth it, others say it's not.

CalilSpencer

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Can I delete a thread I created? Or my account?

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@CalilSpencer, sure, let me know which thread and I'll delete it for you. You can ask @Sbenny to delete you account if you really want to go. :(

Kind Regards,
Yoda

CalilSpencer

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Can you delete this thread and my other thread about lucky patcher? I'd rather have one big, combined thread about rooting and lucky patcher than two separate ones to keep up with, it's kind of a lot on top of everything else I have to do. Also I don't really want to leave, is it possible to change my username somehow? I don't like this one anymore is all. Thanks.

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
I closed the other one. I can leave it closed or open it and merge them together or delete both and you can start over. Whatever you choose. :)
There's a "change your user name" feature in the https://forum.sbenny.com/dbtech-shop/sb-cash-shop.1/shop As far as I know that's the only way it can be changed.

CalilSpencer

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Can you close this one, too? I want to make a new thread and start over. Um message me I guess? I don't know how that works on this site, haven't been able to figure it out. I had some questions.

Lordrevken

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Do you have access to a PC?!

Be the easiest way to install a custom recovery what OS is your 5th gen?

That will now depend whether or not you can root it?!

Need to search for a
custom recovery for your model tablet before you go any further with this method.

If successful
Back up the tablet and then wipe it to factory
Turn it back on and make sure you've unlocked developer mode. So you can (well if you can) unlock OEM bootloader and USB debugging mode
Download the latest version of "ODIN" to your PC in zip it install it.

Go check If you can install a custom recovery
TWRP or
cLOCKMOD ORANGE
Looking for (depending what OS etc it is) mods.tar file

I can go into it more once/if you can do this.

Hope this helps . And that I can post it?,

CalilSpencer

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
@Yoda Can you close this thread? I have decided not to root my device, so I no longer need this thread. Please and thank you.

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@CalilSpencer, sorry I missed your previous request to close this. I'm closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.