💬 Review Next Gen by Malice Galaxius

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,832 happy users since 2014.
Register

Malice Galaxius

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Next Gen

A rebellious repressed teenager who doesn't fit in with the world, Mai, is accompanied with a robot named 7723. In a world where everything is governed with the support of robots made by two scientists, Justin Pin and Dr. Tanner. However, their ambition backfired on them as they made the "perfect" robot because it's views on humanity is the definition of imperfection so now it's up to Mai and 7723 to stop it from killing people.

Review:
The story starts off showing a scene of little Mai experiencing the abandonment of her father which is traumatizing and no child should have experienced that but the sudden montage of sad pictures of Mai overshadowed by an angry face drawn in permanent marker with loud rock music is a sin that my ears should never experience. As she grows up, we can see that her only parent, her mom, who is the only who stayed by her side has shown to be supportive but lacking as she could never give Mai the love she needed; which is her mom's addiction to robots that she cared about more than Mai. Adding salt to the wound, Mai is constantly being bullied at school through her classmates who ordered their robots to actually beat up Mai. Even bullying is done by robots now, wow, what a world. Now, Mai's hate towards robots and her repressed emotions made her an unhinged and broken teenager who wants to destroy the world's injustice, robots.

So you can imagine her encounter to 7723, a robot, gone to a rough start. What I mean by that is the director dropping the whole plot of the movie, foreshadowing. [Spoiler Alert] They'll be best buds, go to thrilling adventures together and share a meaningful life story. First scene of introducing 7723 and not even 1 minute has passed and he's already hit "adorable" levels to the max (I think I just found my comfort character). Mai left her bag as she gets dragged by the security robot for, "parent unsupervision" and gets dragged back to her mother's side which she is clueless that her daughter is even gone. Truly, this scene is so hilarious.

7723 was created by Dr. Tanner for the sole purpose of saving the world from Ares, the "perfect" robot who killed Justin Pin and is now manipulating the public to buy gen 6 robots that will secretly explode to annihilate humanity. But if Dr. Tanner knew his partner Justin is dead, why would he build gen 6 in the first place? And if Ares forced him to, Dr. Tanner could've refused because his threats to kill him would backfire since gen 6 wouldn't exist and Ares wouldn't be able to fix himself if he ever were damaged (Ares could have easily just made the gen 6 robots but he didn't, implying that he needed Dr. Tanner's help and [spoiler alert] in the ending scene where 7723 defeated Ares, he had suffered damages like cracked screen, dented metal etc. but timeskip in the future, he remained the same broken robot with all its dented metal and cracked screen which makes sense because Dr. Tanner was killed and I had seen no other scientists nor staff running in their company). To be fair, what's stopping Ares from killing humanity himself? The best they could do is a police robot with solely a tazer as a weapon and you've got missiles, machine guns and laser swords YOU COULD EVEN FLY TO SPACE! So it's up to 7723 to ex machina which I'm not complaning because he needs to exist so that I can enjoy the movie with his energy. The battle scenes are truly epic in scale, quality and polish.

Amazingly, the dog Momo, thus far talking strong language in every scene was still able to keep this movie a PG rating. 5 stars for me.

Would you recommend this to other users? I'm back with another movie which means this is gonna be another friendly animated film which would leave you tear-jerking at the end. Classic. So I want you to suffer with me, best recommended to children and everyone in particular who likes sci-fi.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐