💬 Review Princess Closet

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,557 happy users since 2014.
Register

NyAsagi

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Princess Closet

Link to the content you're reviewing on our site (optional): Princess Closet : Otome games free dating sim + MOD

A visual novel styled dating sim released by Ciagram in 2016. Free to play with in-app purchases for bonus and side stories.
Contains character spoiler!

Review:
You play as an ordinary office worker when suddenly, you're asked to become the exclusive model for a new and upcoming brand called Princess Closet. You meet the four guys who will work with you to make you into a popular model!

Reo Kamiyoshi - The designer of Princess Closet. Confident, brash and a bit reckless, he uses you as his muse to create his stylish outfits.

Shuu Tachibana - The cool, calm and collected CEO of Illias, a modelling agency. He's a major workaholic and doesn't understand the hearts of others very well.

Kai Ayasaki - He's a popular make up artist outside of his work with Princess Closet. Cheerful, easygoing and a bit flirty, he's pretty suited to his job.

Akito Shinonome - Primarily a landscape photographer, he agrees to photograph you for Princess Closet. Hides his true nature from others.

Princess Closet was an enjoyable read. With four love interests and each having a vastly different storyline, I was never bored. My only major gripe was the length and that made it more tedious to finish.
Each story consists of 45 chapters plus six epilogues. They each contain around 4-6 parts which can be read by spending gems. And then there are the side stories. So yeah, it's pretty long.

They also added some voice acting in some chapters and while it's not a bad idea, it was not done properly. The voices continue to play without you proceeding the dialogue so you end up with mismatched voiced lines and text. Despite that, it was really nice to hear voices!

The MC is mainly your stock standard character in these sorts of games. Lacks in confidence, a bit ordinary, polite, etc. She's not a bad character but she does have her annoying moments where she can be frustrating. Luckily the other characters are well rounded and helps her character grow. She often needs their reassurance or advice on a problem which thankfully she's able to resolve herself most of the time.
She falls in love with the guys rather quickly too, which turns out differently for her depending on the route you're on.

If I had to pick the best route, it would be Shuu's followed by Reo's in a close second. Kai's route is also pretty good as well but made of a less impact on me personally.

Akito's route is...interesting. I've read other opinions and a majority of them hate him. His character unfortunately is possessive to the point of locking her away, and he can be downright mean to her. If this is a sensitive topic for you, I advise to avoid playing his character.

Would you recommend this to other users? I recommend this to people who are looking for a more lengthy otome game with a good story.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐