💬 Review Seven by Beuh

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,722 happy users since 2014.
Register

Beuh

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Seven

Two detectives find their way into a series of gruesome murders and it's up to them to catch the serial killer.

Review:
Honestly, this is a classic. The performances of Brad Pitt plus Morgan Freeman are on point as usual. The plot is interesting and it doesn't hold your hand, meaning it allows you to think for yourself and make up theories on what is happening.
It's a very good movie, it's call backs, actually make sense and are not just there for plot reasons. The characters are interesting and complex, making you believe that something like this could actually happen in real life.
Furthermore, Seven is related to the seven deadly sins, a religious concept that has been explored many times now in any sort of media: but in this case, it feels fresh while also familiar. As i stated before, the acting is phenomenal and gutwrenching at times ( specially in the latter twists). Very heavy movie, but it knows when the audience needs to take a breather, and, personally, i value that more than a constant stream of endless violence just becauss it looks cool.
It's seriously a movie that will impact the person watching, for better or worse.
All in all, a masterpiece that should be rated as such, the pacing, acting, filmaking, everything works perfectly.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes. Cult classic at this point.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

arx245

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
I'm not sure if it can be called cult classic, but i definitely liked the movie.