💬 Review SNES – Arkanoid: Doh it Again by marcos563

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,679 happy users since 2014.
Register

marcos563

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: SNES – Arkanoid: Doh it Again

Arkanoid: Doh it Again is a remake of Arkanoid from NES, there are a lot of additions, a level editor, password and some other options. For those who don't know it is a Puzzle where you control a platform (in this case a ship), and with a ball you must destroy several blocks, the game is more in the style of action puzzle

Review:
The Super Nintendo is famous for many game genres, Beat'em up, RPG, Action, and so on, but not for Puzzles, I really think of few like Dr. Mario, Tetris Attack and one by Kirby that I forgot the name. In a brief search I remembered Zoop and Wario Woods, but even so, there aren't many games, the vast majority being released only in Japan. Among these few I will speak of the one I found the best. Arkanoid: Doh it Again one of the last games released for SNES, and therefore with a lot of resources, on the other hand it didn't have time to become a known game, it was released in 1997 and the Nintendo 64 and Playstation already existed, leaving Arkanoid kinda obsolete, that doesn't take away from the quality of the game, but its framing in the story was weak, it would have been better to have created the game earlier or released it for 64.

Another addition I liked is the addition of a story, few puzzles have a decent story, others don't, take an Angry Birds for example that has a banal story. Of course, the puzzle doesn't necessarily need a story, but I like it when they add one, in this case you control a spaceship that wanders through space looking for a new world while the villain Doh tries to prevent it from completing its mission, in the article it is better explained, it was just an introduction.

A big problem with the game is the repetition, even the bosses they repeated, they didn't even have the trouble of changing them color to pretend they are stronger, they just repeated the stages where they appear, the audio is also sickening, the others levels always change, but only in appearance the objective is always the same, which is not bad, but with 99 levels it gets very repetitive… The graphics cannot be commented much, most of them are blocks, but you can tell the good work when facing one of the bosses, especially the end, you notice that they are well articulated, worth the repetition.

Another bad element is that the game is not very solid, I mean there are some bugs, for example, once I was facing a boss and he was paralyzed out of nowhere, or the T Capsule that lost all sense due to an error, there are others, which is strange, I've played other Taito games and haven't seen anything like this, making it clear that the errors are details, nothing that interferes with the game.

Strong Point: A great type of Puzzle with several increments, it was a very good game, even with repetition it takes time to get sick.

Weak point: It's a strange game, it came out for the SNES at the time that almost no games were made for the console anymore, it has a good amount of bugs, I don't know the reason for the creation of the money game, but it could be a more serious project.

Grade: 7.3 / 10.0

Would you recommend this to other users? yes, its a pretty nice game to play.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐