💬 Review SNES – Disney’s Aladdin by marcos563

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,106 happy users since 2014.
Register

marcos563

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: SNES – Disney’s Aladdin

Aladdin is a game that I really like, it was one of the first games I played and to this day I keep my cartridge very carefully (although it doesn't work anymore...), today I play it on an emulator and I've always been interested in doing a general article about the game, and here's my chance.

Review:
The game was developed by Capcom for the Super Nintendo, is exclusively Singleplayer and platform style (those who like Megaman X games will get used to the commands easily). In the game we meet Aladdin, a young boy who lives in the city of Agrabah and who will participate in a great adventure involving a romance with a princess, cave explorations, madness with a genius and great dangers...

The character's life is represented by hearts, at the beginning you only have 3, but the character can acquire more during gameplay. Each time Aladdin is hit he loses 1 heart, losing all of them he dies.
The game is divided into stages and levels. Each stage has several levels. At the end of each stage we have a scene from the game's story. And at the end of some levels we have the bonus.
To defeat the enemies just jump on their heads. Aladdin can also throw apples at enemies, which makes them dizzy and allows Aladdin to defeat them more easily. Aladdin can also run and even use a cloth as a parachute so that he falls more slowly to the ground.
The game uses the password system, at each end of the stage, a password for the next stage is earned, so the player can continue the game later in case it is not possible to finish at once.

The game was very well made, the graphics, audio and gameplay are great. The graphics are very detailed and even the sprites of enemies and citizens amuse us (try stepping on the heads of the villagers in the first level, for example…), the music always matches well with the levels, not to mention that some music from the game came of the movie, so those who watched and enjoyed the soundtrack will enjoy listening to it even more in the game version, and the gameplay is wonderful, the character is easy to control and responds well to commands (although sometimes the character makes exaggerated slides) .

Strong points

- great gameplay.
- Great Soundtrack.
– Cute and fun graphics.

Weaknesses

– Low difficulty.
– Short game.

Items:
Bread: Restores 1 heart. Found in vases and chests.
Chicken: recovers all hearts. Found in vase and chests.
Pink Sphere: Increases 1 heart and restores all hearts. Found in chests.
Apples: Gives you apples to shoot at enemies, each apple you pick up adds 10 to your total. Found in pots.
Golden Beetle: The player must get the beetle if he wants to participate in the bonus at the end of the level. Found in chests.
Cloth: it serves for the player to use as parachutes and to decrease the speed of the fall. Found loose in the level.
Magic Lamp: Gives you 1 life. Found in chests and dropped in the level.
Green Diamonds: Gathering 100 of them the character gains 1 life.
Red Diamonds: 1 red diamond is worth 3 green diamonds. Collecting a certain number of them will change the end of the game.

Bonus:
By spinning the roulette the player can receive the following prizes:

Star: 1 extra credit.
Genie Head: Gives you 1 extra heart and fills empty hearts.
Heart: fills all hearts (if you have any empty ones) or gives you a life (if you have full hearts).
1UP: 1 extra life.
2UP: 2 extra lives.

Note: 8.5

Would you recommend this to other users? yes

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Graiksej

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 1 year
I loved this game. I think the throwing apples is really understated because that's like the main mode of stopping enemies.