💬 Review Sonic The Hedgehog 2 by sleepymangs

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,339,750 happy users since 2014.
Register

sleepymangs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Sonic The Hedgehog 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 2 is a sequel to the movie Sonic The Hedgehog and is based on games from the 90s titled Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. The movie features the adventures of three well known characters Sonic The Hedgehog, Miles "Tails" Prower and Knuckles The Echidna.

Review:
This movie absolutely SHATTERED my expectations (in a good way). It has an incredibly gripping plot that had me interested the entire time, it was very hard to get bored - it has action sequences, silly comedy and emotional scenes, but the variety doesn't feel intrusive.
The movie introduces two new characters Miles "Tails" Prower and Knuckles The Echidna. These two make the movie much more interesting with distinct personalities and backstories, adding more depth to the plot. Even though both of them are introduced in the same film each of them get enough screentime for the viewer to get to know them well, which I was very happy about!
For fans of the Sonic The Hedgehog franchise, this movie is an absolute treat! It features many small easter eggs that can bring a smile on your face if you're familiar with the game series. The plot of the movie also heavily references in-game events, which made it even more unique! However, for everyone who doesn't have much knowledge on the topic, there's no need to fear - yes, it references parts of the franchise, but everything is explained in the movie, so anyone can understand it.
Another huge plus is the incredible CGI. I was absolutely not ready to see such well-made effects on-screen! It makes the movie very thrilling to watch with all the beautiful visual elements.

Would you recommend this to other users? All in all, I REALLY recommend this movie. I have to say it really impressed me and I think it's a great thing to watch on a movie night with friends and or family!
There is a kissing scene and violence in the form of cartoony punching. I'd say this movie is alright for children aged 11+ with parental guidance recommended.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐