💬 Review The Day She Said Goodnight by Malice Galaxius

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,331,713 happy users since 2014.
Register

Malice Galaxius

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Day She Said Goodnight

Owwsic is known for many things but he's well known for killing off characters and write it off as tragic stories. He's a male lead? Welp, he's gonna die because protagonist are top on his murder list.

Review:
Aster Joy Hernandez is your classic female lead story where she's broke and has to go through this expensive school ruled by the oh so cruel male lead, Rome. If you have read a lot of romance and cliche enemies to lovers, you already know how the story goes.

Now Rome is rich with a lot of daddy issues. (You can guess where I'm going already.)

Aster is broke, and poor with a lot of money issues. (More weight on the poor because that's all our plot armour for the whole story.)

The whole time, we we're shown Rome's perspective which we can kinda start to realize he's an evil misunderstood baby. I didn't say he wasn't evil and I didn't take it back because bullying is bad especially in a school setting where we develop mental decline next to social interaction. It's a real issue. But come on, the bad thing he's done is pouring garbage and harassing students all day...after he once trashed another student's bike. (Okay, he's actually awful. Why am I rooting for him again?)

Aster is the complete opposite, she's an angel. She believes in the good of people, except Rome. She helps people, except Rome. She's kind to everyone, except Rome.

But that all changed when Aster decided to accept helping Rome finish his projects and assignments because the Dean literally bribed her with money which she gratefully accepts, against her will of course, but gratefully accepts. Rome can't refuse because he fell for her at first fight-...sight...of when they fought. It's not even a real fight because she just pointed out his insecurities and called him names. (Bully the bully).

Aster is an interesting character sometimes, well not because she's typical. She is very pitiful but her personality isn't flawed at all that I can't find anything interesting at all because she's already perfect! She's a good person, she's trying to teach Rome the good and morally right things. She is just nice, like Charlie Morningstar in Hazbin Hotel. The good person but not much room for character development because when a person is already performing fine despite their life situation, it's hard to notice the suffering they've conquered even when they're really really bad.

Rome had the most character development of all, a little. What disappointed me the most is that how quickly he changed after just a few words of Aster which left me in awe how quickly his personality changed just after their interaction. I can get why you change for the girl you love, but it hasn't been a week and she cured your trauma you've been carrying for years just like that? She didn't have to fight you in an arm wrestle, just talking?

To be honest, I won't say I didn't cried halfway to the story. Aster's financial situation resonates almost with everyone I know which cuts deep even as cliche as it is, I can't say it's not entirely untrue. Her suffering is so hard and tearjerker, knowing she is this positive and perfectly morally and respectfully right is a wonder I will never know.

Would you recommend this to other users? No hate whatsoever on Owwsic, I love tragedy and sad, hopeful endings. Reading his books makes me go through those Wattpad phases and hopeless romance comics. If you dig those genres too, this book is meant for you.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐