💬 Review The Final Empire by taogueuruxxs

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,234 happy users since 2014.
Register

taogueuruxxs

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: The Final Empire

A young girl is embroiled in a group of allomancers (people who can control metal) and begins to master her own powers in order to overthrow the empire.

Review:
Great book that really got me into fantasy. Amazing characters and world-building with many twists and turns throughout - some moments had me gasping as I read. The magic system was very cool as to be expected from Brandon Sanderson. Magic is genetic and users have different skills depending on the type of metal they swallow and burn. There's a dash of romance (Elend forever), a great heist and crew, and an evil, evil villain.

The main characters are Kelsier, a famous thief who leads a crew in the city, and Vin, a street urchin who finds out she has powers. Both characters are immensely likeable and easy to sympathize with, especially against the Lord Ruler. Together, Kelsier and Vin, along with their friends, are trying to overthrow the Final Empire and the Lord Ruler, to help give back power to the lower class. While it may sound like familiar territory, tropes are twisted and turned on their heads and you can bet that you'll never know what to expect. There's lots of action and the book is very engaging.

All in all, a super fun read, and there are 2 more books in the trilogy, along with another connecting series in the same universe after!

Would you recommend this to other users? Highly recommend if you're a fan of fantasy!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐