💬 Review The Lighthouse (2019)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,332,486 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: The Lighthouse (2019)

Two lighthouse keepers try to maintain their sanity while living on a remote and mysterious New England island in the 1890s.

Review:
An interesting film.

This film is in black and white and the aspect ratio is like the old black and white films, back in 1920's. If you like old films, it certainly has that feel to it.

I like black and white films, and I appreciate the fact that it is really well made.

Story:
Hm. It was interesting, I liked the concept of it. It felt weird, it is a psychological film.

I actually had no idea what the heck it was about until I've watched it. Though after finishing it I still had questions.

I was amazed with their acting, it was really good. William Dafoe's performance was great, especially in one scene where he was doing a monologue. It was really convincing, the acting was top notch.

I liked that they didn't explain every weird stuff, and it's up to the audience to interpret it. It will leave you thinking even after finishing the film.

It was tense, and the climax scenes were really good.

The dialogues were really something else. It was at often times, hard to understand (at least for me) and often had to learn the context of what they were saying. It was a bit Shakespearean. Thank god for subtitles.

Visual:

The film is entirely in black and white, and the location was really good. It felt claustrophobic at times, and the cinematography was good. The camerawork was really good, you'll really notice it as you watch the film.

The movie was weird, but good weird.

The black and white and the aspect ratio added to the claustrophobic feeling, it was really done right.

Music:
The movie had subtle music, and some loud ones, that perfe

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes. Watch it, it's weird, funny, and a bit more weird.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: