💬 Review tokyo ghoul 2 by kartman443

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,330,145 happy users since 2014.
Register

kartman443

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: tokyo ghoul 2

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): Link removed . External links are not allowed on the forum.

Student Ken Kanaki is terribly worried about his current self - half ghoul, half human. In order not to cross paths with other ghouls, he spends almost all his time in the Antique cafe with Toka Kirishima, but one day a ghoul named Gourmet comes to them for a light.

Review:
dignities:
Staging, entertainment, acting, interesting color solutions, operator work, fights, atmospheric sound
disadvantages:
Incomprehensible plot, unrealistic 3D "tails" of ghouls, actors sometimes overplay
Happy New Year, dear friends! I recently watched a movie that was made based on the anime and manga of the same name. Something like the adventures of an ogre who used to be quite a simple person, but whose body mutated as a result of forced changes, surgical interventions.

To begin with, who are the ghouls? Originally, this creature appeared in Eastern mythology. Namely, in the folklore of the Arabs, Turks and Persians. It is depicted in an ugly form. Ghouls in eastern culture are positioned as man-eating werewolves attacking lonely travelers. In Slavic or Russian-speaking culture, ghouls are called ghouls, undead, in short, the word is different, and the meaning is about the same. The Japanese also decided to attach themselves to this topic and made an anime series and manga on this topic. And at the same time, a movie.

I must say right away, the description of the film presented by Kinopoisk is a little incorrect, it is inaccurate. The student Ken Kaneki, who is also the main character, is not just attacked by a ghoul and dies (ghoul), everything is even more unexpected here. I'll say it intricately, from a distance, so as not to spoiler.

Our hero Ken is a nerd, a lover of books, a decent boy, I don't drink, I don't smoke, in short, yes, few people want to mess with such people. And so, the hero meets a girl at the beginning of the film. A quiet scene, drinking coffee, shooting eyes, moving uncertainly, well, just the beginning of a romantic drama. But then, hugging this cute girl turns into a typical horror scene... After all, the girl you know who.

advertisement

And so, by force majeure, the organs of that very "Gulka" go to Ken. And, of course, it begins to be pinned gradually.

Honestly, I can't form any definite opinion about the film. I want to give the film a triple, I want a four, but when I finally understand that it really stands out among the slag and the same type of new films, there is a desire to give a positive assessment. There are advantages in it, there are shoals in it, but in some places it is so delightfully, really high shot. It is only because of unexpected moments that the film deserves praise. It seems like you're watching one of the calm scenes and you don't even imagine that such a batch, such an epic, such a blood will flow later.

In general, that's what I want to highlight in the film: these are the camerawork component, sounds, the actors' play, special effects, well, work with color and color schemes, staging. I didn't understand the plot very well, in order to understand it better, most likely you need to prepare in advance and watch anime and read manga, well, or any other materials on this topic before watching the movie.

How I get high, how the cameraman worked on the film. The alternation of general, medium and close-ups looks very organic here. When it is necessary, they show us, for example, the dialogue of the heroes from afar, in a general plan. And then, as expected, justified, we are shown a close-up of the face of one of the heroes, like a magnifying glass, to show details: facial expressions, eyes, facial muscle movements. This, in the course of the film, really helps to understand the character of a certain hero or heroine, his expected actions, his essence. Sometimes, with the help of "pulsating" close-ups, they show us quite effectively, for example, how one of the characters is sick. The camera moves in such scenes in such a way that I involuntarily recall moments when I myself felt sick and also swayed from side to side. Ha, sometimes there are really nasty, but from that and realistic moments when the characters are punched to vomit and at the same time they are right into it so: Blums, in the very compote face, and shirt, and pants, swam!) Well, it's about like if you get drunk like a pig and then look at yourself through a filmed video, probably somehow it will be like this!

About special effects. Ghouls have a certain peculiarity - kagune, which distinguishes them from humans, including eating human flesh: their weapons come out from behind their backs in a moment of rage. Someone has octopus tentacles, someone has butterfly wings, someone has a kind of spider web. So, sometimes in the scenes the movements of these "assistants" were somehow separate, uncoordinated from the movements of the actors. For example, an actor is standing, talking abstractly, and these "hands" of his are beating opponents right and left - of course, it looks spectacular, but somehow idiotic sometimes.

And yet, these kagune in terms of graphics are made unrealistically. Somehow, the mucus of these kagune glitters, glares, shimmers. You see, yes, they show us the evening if, the stage lighting is minimal, but these "kagune hands" shine as if the scene is somewhere in a theater or concert hall, as if several powerful searchlights were directed at these tail objects. Well, somehow it's not physics, it's not done according to optical laws. As for the textures and shapes of 3d objects, it seems OK here, but it was possible to work better on the lighting of these objects, obviously pale, it is clear that they are 3d.

How it happened in the film with the above-mentioned moments, I do not know. The holes in the asphalt were just picturesquely shown, although I understand that they were also made using 3D. But it looks realistic, not like those monster "tails".

The actors' game. Masataka Kubota. He plays the main character Ken Kaneki. To show a hero who the whole movie is being rebuilt, remade, becomes different, of course you need a certain acting talent, skill. From the first moments, where he plays an insecure kid with shaking hands, to the final ones, where he already becomes a hardened, strengthened fighter, he really believed that yes, about such changes can happen to a person. I don't even know which character this actor played, positive or negative. The image is honestly contradictory. After all, his hero does both bad and good deeds. He seems to be jumping on one or the other side of the scale. Sometimes the actor certainly overplays, especially in emotional moments. Let's just say that his hero often happens to be inadequate when you expect more or less logical actions and reactions from him.

I liked the Japanese actresses in the film: Fumika Shimizu, Hiyori Sakurada, Shoko Aida. I didn't name someone, it's just that some actresses are so similar that I couldn't identify the right ones among the surnames on the kinopoisk, their looks are very similar. And they played great, the characters of the heroines were revealed well. And outwardly Japanese girls are so beautiful)

Regarding the sounds. The music in the film is also good, but the sound effects of the atmosphere certainly add more significantly. The crunch of leather gloves, the sound of raindrops on asphalt, the "bubbling" of kagune when the claws of the "tails" pierce the bodies. I regret that I only watched the ending of the movie with headphones, it should be watched "from and to" with headphones. The sound still had some kind of spatial, binaural sound. The sounds in the film are certainly savory.

Different color schemes are used throughout the film. Even on this basis, we can already say that the film is expensive, thoughtful, high-quality. Some scenes are in some yellow tones, others in grayish-blue, some in red at all, there are scenes in which contrast is in full swing. That's what is almost the most exciting element of this chromaticity - the colors in a scene can be kind and affectionate, but then such a tin can happen in a couple of seconds. And the colors hinted that everything would be very good and pleasant in this scene, but nooo! After all, the director, like some kind of visual musician, knows how to play on the feelings and nerves of the viewer. And he often did it uniquely.

Another character. I don't know the actor's last name and I don't remember the name of his stage character either. But how appropriately, goth he played a police assistant. White leather gloves, white hair, white raincoat. Looks like some kind of mysterious psycho. And he conducts dialogues harshly. In short, a spectacular hero, full of riddles. The actor certainly tried 100 percent.

The film is certainly bloody. I can watch such films, but some moments of course are still tin. For example, when they ate human eyes with an appetite. Imagine, there are eyeballs in a plate in the scene, they take them one by one and chew them savorily, just like Raffaello! Yeah, instead of a thousand words, as in advertising) If you consider that the movie is a horror movie, there is probably nothing strange here in such scenes. It's just a little hard to watch.

Regarding the production. In principle, there are no obvious claims to the film. In each of the scenes, the actors say what is necessary, do what corresponds to these scenes. The surrounding environment, the details, were also done organically, neatly. Of course, the film is often quite boring, but then the plot comes out of the fog and the production again shines with beauty and special effects. The film lacks something, details from the lives of individual heroes, the viewer is not particularly chewed up by a police investigation into the affairs of one of the ghouls.

I watched the movie in the voice acting studio "SoftBox". The guys translate quite adequately, the intonation was perfectly observed, they did not twang, there is a five-piece.

And yes, I also liked the fights at the end of the film, where the hero was taught kung fu, well, or I don't know what was there. It was really spectacular, it was a pleasure to watch such trainings and battles. Everything was "perfect" in this plan.

If you do not take into account that the film does not have a completely understandable and digestible plot, it is quite possible to watch it. But I will not recommend it massively, since the film is a bit strange and bloody, in the course it is designed for such sleepwalking amateurs like me.

P.S. The name of the review comes from one of the phrases of the cartoon series South Park. There's the hero Ken, there's Kenny. So, there the hero is often killed and at the same time they comment on it, almost the same thing happened to him here. In principle, the name of the review is just like a joke dedicated to such a coincidence of names.

Would you recommend this to other users? No

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited by a moderator: