💬 Review Wonder Woman 1984 by royjackson

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,339,750 happy users since 2014.
Register

royjackson

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Wonder Woman 1984

Wonder Woman 1984 is the sequel of Wonder Woman (2017). It is an action/fantasy directed by Patty Jenkins, starring Gal Gadot, Kristen Wiig and Pedro Pascal

Review:
The film had many good moments and moving scenes, but personally they have been overshadowed by numerous odd creative choices. Hans Zimmer, the one thing I was relying on, didn't really deliver a score I hoped I'd get. I'm still wondering if he really did this film or someone's just joking with me. The Themyscira one is cool though, so are the hints of Cheetah theme I heard. But the use of Beautiful Lie was extremely lazy, and just offending. That is Bruce Wayne's theme. It will always be his theme, and shouldn't have any place in Diana's movie.

The choreography was bewildering and funny. They really took away her sword because God forbid an amazon uses violence. God bless people who made this movie, because they certainly need it. I think mostly it was very interesting how the film was half good and half what the heck was that, and I'm personally disappointed that I can't rewatch it because I can't go through those ridiculous moments just to see the nice scenes. I think for me, WW84 could have been really really good, but it kept sabotaging itself. The actual writing itself was abysmal, and racist at numerous points.

Cool performances though, especially from Pedro Pascal. He's very charismatic, your eyes are definitely pinned to him everytime he shows up. But you already heard that from the others.

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely not. It is torture.

Rating(1-5): ⭐