Cannot locate ANY relevant files in app apk

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,132 happy users since 2014.
Register

BigBadE

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
So, I'm trying to learn the basics by looked at and trying to mod random games. I use Bluestacks to get/test APKs.

What I've tried to get files:

EasyAPK
apktool
7zip

Problem is, I'm pretty sure the app is made in Unity (there are Unity packages for advertising and the job section of their website has only Unity Developers listed), but there are no relevant files. No dlls is the data folder. Since I know Java I checked out the Smali, and used dex2jar to get an idea of the code, but there is a ton of data missing.

What I've found:
assets/hashbundle: .ogg, .pyro, .prt, .webp, .pspb, .vert (Vertex shader, says "This file was generated by /shaders/shadercompiler/shadercompiler.py.", very basic, a few similar ones), .png, .csv (irrelevant data), .frag (Fragment shader, still pretty basic, there are more but almost exactly the same but missing a method), .meta (JSON with irrelevant data), .ase, .ptb, .ttf.

Looking at the .smali:

There are a few packages, most notable for in app purchases, analytics, notifications, UI, a basic engine for rendering in OpenGL, some other small classes (One called "Overmind" with a method called "IsApplicationInstalled"), debug/error, and file saving

The big problem is, none of those methods are called anywhere, and there is no data tracking. I know the smali is called somehow (I changed the name of in app purchases to "test" and it showed up in game), but there is no code to call it (for example, no player class).