💬 Review Cookie Run: Kingdom

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,219 happy users since 2014.
Register

mintyenby

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Cookie Run: Kingdom

Cookie Run: Kingdom is a team building game. You collect and level up cookies to make the best teams for the several game modes. There are many familiar characters from Cookie Run: OvenBreak but many original characters as well, and the story seems to be somewhat separated from that of OvenBreak.

Review:
Oohh boy I love this game :)

It's another gacha game, but there is an effective pity system. If you have maxed out a cookie (promoted them to 5 stars), you get mileage which can be exchange for various items like treasure incantations, exp, and most notably soulstones. If a cookie is two months old and you have enough mileage, it's very easy to get and promote them. Promoting a cookie to 5 stars seems like a lot, but if you do the gacha often, eventually you will get the max amount of soulstones for common and rare cookies. It becomes a reliable source of mileage points, so even if you don't get the cookie that you want through gacha, you can work towards getting cookies you want and upgrading them. Your progress isn't dependent on luck.

The different modes are fun. Arena is kinda broken but it's fine. You get to beat up people so lol. There's the obligatory guild battle mode which does its job. It's pretty basic now since it's still technically in beta, but it's not bad by any means. Tropical soda islands is a cute mode with a different theme, so it's refreshing. It's a fine resource; however it's still new, so I look forward to it improving. The cake tower is a very lucrative game mode that gives you tons of exp so 10/10 on that one. It's fun that you need different strategies for each of the modes. You get to try out the different cookies, so in my opinion, the gameplay doesn't get stale.

Story mode is the sort of meat of the game. It's great. The story is good, or at least good enough for a gacha game about cookies, and it's voice acted which gives the cookies more character. The characters are likable. The dialogue is mostly humorous but can be serious in emotional moments. The problem with story mode is that there are sudden spikes in difficulty. For the most recent chapter, you already need a fully maxed team, so I'm not sure how they'll handle that in the future...

There are many bugs, and the devs don't know how to balance a game. They kinda just throw stuff at the meta and see what sticks. They listen to the community, though, so it's constantly improving. They've made a lot of progress for a game that was released in January.

Would you recommend this to other users? While OvenBreak got a 3/5, this gets a 4/5 from me! It's a very fun and cute, and it's constantly improving so I'm sticking around for a while. It feels like you're constantly making progress because of all the new modes that have been introduced. Some advice from if you're interested in playing this- engage the community. There are many strategies that you'd never know of if you didn't. Many people are willing to help. Specifically, there is a channel in the official cookie run discord server who'll help you out if you need it.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐