💬 Review Gone with the Wind (1939)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,987 happy users since 2014.
Register

TheKingOfLimbo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Gone with the Wind (1939)

Scarlett O’Hara, a pretty Southern belle, lives on Tara, a large plantation in Georgia. She concerns herself only with her numerous suitors and her desire to marry Ashley Wilkes.

Review:
"After all, tomorrow is another day!"

So, this movie is long. And I mean 3 hours, 52 minutes and 23 seconds long. But somehow, at the end of the film, I wanted more.

Story:

So what I really like about this movie was that the character development felt natural. And yet at the same time, it wasn't drastic and unrealistic.

This movie was based on a novel of the same name, so there were quite a lot that happened. It really didn't make me bored. I was even quite eager to watch what would happen.

Even though the movie was long, it could have actually been longer. I wouldn't be surprised if it was cut into two films. But the pacing was good. I didn't really got bored. It wasn't slow, but can be fast sometimes, but it was still really really good.

Gone with the Wind also depicted a lot of issues back in the day. Though

The actors' performance was solid. Clark Gable, Vivien Leigh, everyone. I knew Vivien Leigh from A Streetcar Named Desire, and her acting was still top notch.

Visuals:

First of all, I really like the cinematography. I don't know how to explain it, but I was really satisfied with it.

The color, the sets, and the setting was really great. I loved the scenes especially when it featured the sky or the sunset.

Music:

Of course, the music was also great. The orchestra and just all of it. It was emotional, and really just connected with the film.

It's best to watch this movie (or any movie for that matter) without knowing the plot or watching the trailer, it sort of, gives it a bit more shock.

The movie really aged like wine. It was satisfying and one of the better movies I've seen.

I think it is worth your time. Some people might be bothered with the films length (I was at first glance) but when I actually watched it, I think it was just the right amount for the film. They could have even made it longer.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes definitely. I think this is a great film.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: