💬 Review Gothic 1

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,355 happy users since 2014.
Register

OpeningStore

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Gothic 1

Gothic is a game by piranha bytes you play as a nameless hero and you need to complete quests fight wild animals and monsters so you can level up and earn skill points that can be used to upgrade your skills

Review:
well then lets get started with this i played it on an old windows xp i had and it worked flawlessly i didnt have any problems did a couple of quests got stuck in a mountain then called it a day two years later i remembered that game again so i downloaded it just to be greeted with a bunch of errors
so i looked them up and turns out you need to install a bunch of patches to run this on a modern system which i guess is understandable since this is a game from 2001 so followed some guide got the fps patch since the game is locked at 25 fps not sure why the devs locked it at 25 fps but whatever
also if you plan on playing it dont forget to get the HD texture patch (heres a video showing the ultra 4k modded graphics )

story

you were thrown inside a prison camp with a letter to deliver to the Arch Mage of the Circle of Fire
i rather not say much about the story since i feel like its always best not knowing much of the story like that you can discover it on your own
but thats just the way i feel about it :)

now then lets talk about the gameplay

this isn't your normal open world rpg game where you pick up something or attack with the click of a button in gothic you have to hold the action key
so for example if you want to open a chest you have to hold down the action key then press the up arrow key to open it and to get an item you have to go to the list on the other side and hold the action key while holding the right arrow key to transfer the items to your inventory then press escape to exit and continue your adventures!
now lets talk about the combat you have to go in front of your enemy till you see their name and hold the action key then you can attack in all sorts of directions with the arrow keys so if you want to swing the sword to the left hold the action key and press the left arrow
the same thing happens with the bow but here you wont be able to use the bow unless the name of the person you want to shoot appears
its quite complicated at first but you will get used to it the more you play it

now let me give you a warning there is a cretin character called mud and hes going to make make your life hell literally HELL hes the most annoying character in the whole game make sure to never get close to him because if he catches you hes going to follow you around everywhere you go and talk to you again and again and again you can tell him to shut up but he wont listen the only way to get rid of him is by killing him which will give you 0 xp or by going near a monster which will make him run away which is a little strange because he says he likes animals but he dosent mean liking animals as pets
lets just say he likes animals a bit TOO MUCH

Would you recommend this to other users? yes i would REALLY recommend it
if you like open world rpgs this is the right game for you
also if you have a low end and you cant run newer open world rpgs then i would say give this game a try and i promise you wont be disappointed!

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐