💬 Review Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei (The Garden of Sinners: Overlooking View

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,242 happy users since 2014.
Register

Zackzzz

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Kara no Kyoukai: Fukan Fuukei (The Garden of Sinners: Overlooking View

September 1998, a number of suicide cases appears. On one hand, the frail girl (VA: Rie Fu) wishes to be able to fly, another girl (VA: Maaya Sakamoto) decides that that is enough. In the end, the moth falls and the butterfly remains afloat.

Review:
The first installment of the film series, 'Rakkyo' which timeline's is anachronistic in order. Produced by Aniplex, Kodansha and Notes. Presented by ufotable Studio.
Don't be fooled by the longa** title. This movie's compelling and beautiful art shall make you far too engrossed to forget about that in the first place. As far as I have seen, it doesn't contain any anime cliché. Presenting your everyday-life yet often ambiguously defined characters, they carry themes which is very contrast to another popular animation film, it deals with philosopical inquiries into human logical reasoning and yet their whimsical feelings, life and death, many more. And among all those, there are action sequences, the bada**ery of which I still can't put into words. So you have to see it for yourself. Being one of numerous genre-busting film, anyone can decide whether it'd satisfy your guilty pleasure or not, and yet makes sure it can reaches wide demographic. Shame getting it by official means cost dozens of bu- oops, forget what you've just read.
Here is my favorite part, and one I'm very confident with to review. The musical scores, done by Kajiura Yuki... Yes, the one and only, she also made several for Gundam series. Quite similar to Hans Zimmer's (The Dark Knight) but you can't possibly mistook hers for any other. The melody are truly melancholic, the beats makes you hear your own heartbeat..okay that's a little bit of exaggeration...and the one in the action sequence, simply unforgettable.

Would you recommend this to other users? This should've been more popular, but considering the lack of international promotion...so Hell Yeah!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐