💬 Review Never Let me Go

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,151 happy users since 2014.
Register

Niikomanis

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Never Let me Go

Narrated by Kathy, now 31, Never Let Me Go hauntingly dramatises her attempts to come to terms with her childhood at the seemingly idyllic Hailsham School, and with the fate that has always awaited her and her closest friends in the wider world. A story of love, friendship and memory, Never Let Me Go is charged throughout with a sense of the fragility of life.

Review:
The book is overall fine. It was nice at times and easy to read and follow. Every time I sat down I got a really calming feelings: there was never a rush to be somewhere, nothing dramatic happened. It was purely about the emotions and feelings of the situation.

But I must admit it has its downsides. Because not much happened throughout the book one cab easily get bored after a while.Some of the conversations seem plain or weirdly structured. Sometimes the characters feel emotionless, especially Kathy (because of her character I suppose). Personally, I wished for more of this. The characters in my opinion turned out flat even though the book really focused on a handful of them.

Overall, not terrible but could've been a lot better.

Would you recommend this to other users? Generally, if you don' read this book you're not missing out on anything. But since it became an inspiration for so many other movies and stories if you want to get familiar with the source - sure, go ahead and read it!
For all "non-readers" who like to carefully select their book it's best to leave it untouched.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐

Last edited: