✅ Solved Portal Install (on nvidia shield) problems

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,327,142 happy users since 2014.
Register

gamesman111

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hi All,
Not sure if this is the best place to ask for specific help on a game install.
I'm trying to get Portal working on my Shield. I downloaded the app and cache files (both v67), followed the install instructions perfectly (install app, unzip cache folder to correct internal storage location, run app), but when I run the app I get the error saying something like "it does not look like you paid for this app".
I'm no pro or modder, but not a total numpty either. I'm sure I've installed it correctly, leaving me to think there's an issue with the obb files. Ive also tried the v56 version which downloads the game vache on 1st run, but that hung on a black screen after the files finished downloading. My questions, for anyone out there, are
- does the apk version need to match the game cache exactly? (I also tried v56 app with v67 game cache, still didnt work
- has anyone got this to work on the shield ?
- could this error be caused by some kind of google licensing issue? (Do i need to look into using lucky patcher? I didnt think i would, but.....)
- could this be a an OS comparability issue?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated hugely!
Thanks

Reactions: Sky

Sky

XXX
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
@gamesman111 yeah could be because of working anti-fraud of the app blocking access as it needs online checks that you actually bought it which can be tried to bypass trough lucky patcher or SB Patcher , try that!